• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zombie Army Trilogy |OT| Nazi Zombies (no, not that one)

At least an hour per level.

Yeah I don't get Destructiods terrible review. I mean that gave it 7/10 but the text was awful. They said between 20-30 mins per level which is just completely wrong and they skip over just about every part of the game such as the excellent atmosphere, surround sound, talking in the DS4 speaker, 3D.

Its like they wrote the review in 5 minutes.

Orca

At least an hour per level.

That doesn't apply to every level. My played time on the first level, on max difficulty, showed as 50 minutes and I had it paused for a bit to help my wife bring groceries in so if it keeps the timer running for that it might be inflated a bit still.

MattyG

Banned
Does the third campaign have any of the upgrades that 3 had over V2 (visually and mechanically)? Or does it still have V2 level visuals and mechanics?

MattyG

Banned
All three campaigns use the SE3 mechanics and graphical enhancements.
Oh, really? From what I've played of the first, it felt a lot like V2 still. Huh.

That reminds me, I still need to finish 3. I got stuck on the second to last mission and never finished.

Well I'm stuck and pissed off.

Fourth mission of chapter 2
where you have to defend the bridge you're on, but there's no way off it as there's fire at the bottom of both sides. You have two gun emplacements on each side but there's too many to use the gun for more than 10 seconds. Eventually an elite zombie comes up and you've nowhere to run

I've only died about 3 times throughout the whole campaign, I've died a further 7 times just in this one spot.

I went ahead and picked up the PC version on Nuuvem since it was just $31.50. I never played the previous NZA games so no discount on Steam for me. Now it's just gotta finish downloading so I can get killed by lots of zombies...lol

antitrop

Why are children's nursery rhymes SO FUCKING CREEPY?!

EDIT: The Library of Evil mission is absolutely fucking awful, wow.

For what its worth, I just played the mission we ran solo and right where we left off was moments before the end of that mission. If all the missions are around that same length that could be alright.
Oh man... All right well let me know when you want to give it another shot!

Played until the first safehouse to see how the performance was and everything was great. I put everything on the max (except supersampling) and I couldn't see any issues. I tried the "newsreel" effect but since it's just a black & white filter I turned it off. I may use it again down the road if I just want to play around.

Adam Blue

Well I'm stuck and pissed off.

Fourth mission of chapter 2
where you have to defend the bridge you're on, but there's no way off it as there's fire at the bottom of both sides. You have two gun emplacements on each side but there's too many to use the gun for more than 10 seconds. Eventually an elite zombie comes up and you've nowhere to run

I've only died about 3 times throughout the whole campaign, I've died a further 7 times just in this one spot.

I had to do this part co-op with the original version. Excited about it again!

So is this a digital only title, because Gamefly doesn't have it.

No NAM retail release date yet.

PaulloDEC

Just finished Episode 1, Chapter 3. Enjoying the game for the most part, but I wish they hadn't crippled the secondary and tertiary weapons so much. I get that they want players to focus on sniping, but a lot of the pistols and SMGs might as well be paintball guns. Really inaccurate paintball guns.

I chose Marie Chevalier to use for now. She's on a personal mission to assassinate Hitler so she gets the nod. I like the fact the game narrates the character bios when you are choosing them. It's a nice touch.

DirtyLarry

Any verdict on the 3D? I thought Sniper Elite 2's was decent, albeit it a little jarring as the frame rate was not super constant and the camera angles sometimes get janky, so assuming since it is the same engine it will be the same deal with this game, but thinking perhaps they fine tuned some aspects.

I of course can check it out myself, but that means taking my glasses out of storage and charging them, so have some time before I can check it out so just wondering if there are any impressions in the meantime.

MattyG

Banned
Plan on beating the whole game on sniper elite difficulty. Beat chapter 1 today. How fucked am i?
It's not too bad actually. I'm 5-6 chapters in on SE difficulty and I only ever have trouble when the big machine gun guys show up.

Plan on beating the whole game on sniper elite difficulty. Beat chapter 1 today. How fucked am i?
Sniper Elite is the way to play as it puts all the game's ballistics into play. And enemy spawns are a separate layer of difficulty, which is great as there's no serious reason NOT to play through on Sniper Elite difficulty.

And as opposed to what the digital manual says, you can play two players (or more) while setting the spawn setup to "one player" rather than default. So that's a great option if you find that co-op is a little too tough at first. Of course you can also do the opposite and buff the spawns if you want even more challenge.

cripterion

Got this yesterday on Steam and finished 2 chapters with some randoms on the first campaign. What a blast!
Funny thing game wasn't even on my radar but I guess Steam suggestions works well :)

Is it just me or is the co-opplay really laggy? I shoot zombies and they die 1-2 seconds later. Happend to me in every single co-op season.

I love the game,but it is kinda unplayable that way.

This. It's one of those things that, once you notice it, you'll never be able to un-notice it, lol.

cannot_be_unseen.jpg

Enco

Would a HD 5700 run this?

I know the minimum specs say 5870 but is there any leniency? Asking for a friend.

Bessy67

Man, playing solo even on marksman difficulty is tough in spots. I think I'm on the 1st or 2nd mission at the part where you have to defend the church, and the machine gun zombie is messing me up every time. I messed up and used the really good shotgun (the Preacher) early though, maybe I'll restart the level and make sure to save some ammo to use on him.

Man, playing solo even on marksman difficulty is tough in spots. I think I'm on the 1st or 2nd mission at the part where you have to defend the church, and the machine gun zombie is messing me up every time. I messed up and used the really good shotgun (the Preacher) early though, maybe I'll restart the level and make sure to save some ammo to use on him.

Remember to empty your lungs to slow down time. That helps a lot when dealing with the machine gun guys. I also use a high-zoom, fast rate of fire rifle like the Gewehr, so that I can zoom right in, slow down time, and headshot them in rapid succession.

Any verdict on the 3D? I thought Sniper Elite 2's was decent, albeit it a little jarring as the frame rate was not super constant and the camera angles sometimes get janky, so assuming since it is the same engine it will be the same deal with this game, but thinking perhaps they fine tuned some aspects.

I of course can check it out myself, but that means taking my glasses out of storage and charging them, so have some time before I can check it out so just wondering if there are any impressions in the meantime.

3d is very well done :)

every time i play i turn it on

Oneself

Or kill all the normal zombies and just lure the big one outside the church, then run inside through the other door, go upstairs and get the bazooka, shoot him from upstairs, run outside, repeat.

theDeeDubs

Screen tearing is really bad on XB1. Game is fun, but I've had some really laggy co-op games so far. Funny to see the host with 20k score and everyone else below 1k because of it. It actually helped me get the achievement for keeping zombies from resurrecting because I would just do a normal headshot, but the lag would cause it to actually kill the rezing zombie instead lol. Movement is a little floaty and I wish there was a resident evil rev 2 evade, but the shooting feels good. Atmosphere is off the charts though.

MacBosse

Why the hell won't I get discount on this when everyone else seems to get it? Its 599 swedish crowns here, I saw it for 430 or something a day or so back and majornelson says its on discount until the 13th. What gives?

Edit: What the hell ... all of the sudden it shows for 480 again ... what in the world is happening?

Top Bottom