• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zombie Army Trilogy |OT| Nazi Zombies (no, not that one)

DirtyLarry

Which one would you say is more fun?
ZAT no doubt at all about it.
As pointed out SE3 puts a pretty heavy emphasis on stealth in some levels, although you can play it not doing stealth, you will not necessarily have fun taking that approach.
ZAT is just all about shooting shit.
No hesitation at all saying that ZAT is the game that is more fun to play.

ZAT no doubt at all about it.
As pointed out SE3 puts a pretty heavy emphasis on stealth in some levels, although you can play it not doing stealth, you will not necessarily have fun taking that approach.
ZAT is just all about shooting shit.
No hesitation at all saying that ZAT is the game that is more fun to play.

Well if you excuse me I need to go get this game then. Thanks for the help guys!

Actually I have one more question. I guess I should have said this first. I tend to be the guy that tries to line up the headshots for the xray cam. Does ZAT do it as well or would V3 be more suited for that? Both look fun but I wanna enjoy the long shots if that makes sense.

Actually I have one more question. I guess I should have said this first. I tend to be the guy that tries to line up the headshots for the xray cam. Does ZAT do it as well or would V3 be more suited for that? Both look fun but I wanna enjoy the long shots if that makes sense.

ZAT has the kill cam as well...you can just look through this thread at the posted videos and gifs to see

MattyG

Banned
Finally finished episode 1 after 6.5 hours. This game is going to end up being 20+ hours long, isn't it?

It's super fun, but I'm gonna take a small break between each episode so I don't get burned out or anything. Episode 2 looks great though, and I'm really looking forward to 3 the most. I love the art in the episode selection menu for it (zombie Hitler with blue glowing eyes). I know why they didn't do it, but I wish they'd been able to make that the box art/Steam banner.

ZAT has the kill cam as well...you can just look through this thread at the posted videos and gifs to see

I saw but I guess I ment to say did ZAT present the opportunity to use it as well or was more of the focus more cqc and stuff. That's what I was trying to ask if that makes sense. And it can be used in horde mode right?

Dominator

Didn't even finish Chapter 1 of Episode 1 but I feel like I've played for almost 2 hours already lol

Really awesome game, glad I got it.

MattyG

Banned
Didn't even finish Chapter 1 of Episode 1 but I feel like I've played for almost 2 hours already lol

Really awesome game, glad I got it.
Every chapter takes about an hour it seems (maybe 2 in your case). There's 15 of them.

obama-sweating.jpg

Bought this on a whim, best game i have played on ps4 so far.
fucking excellent and grand fun, 2atching a tumbler bullett go through 4 zombie skulls is so satisfyingly brilliant :)

NIN90

I saw but I guess I ment to say did ZAT present the opportunity to use it as well or was more of the focus more cqc and stuff. That's what I was trying to ask if that makes sense. And it can be used in horde mode right?

You will see lots and lots of X-ray shots. There's even an option to increase its frequency.
The slomo X-ray are disabled during co-op, though.

DirtyLarry

The game does a really good job of setting the player up with "sniper nests" throughout the Campaign specifically just for this purpose.

therapist

im pretty upset over this part 3 , it seems like theres auto aim on the pc version and no option to turn it off.
Its not apparently with sniper rifles but whereas in NZA1/2 i could mow down crowds with
headshots , but in this one it seems to just auto aim where it likes. (Really obvious with SMG / AR's)

its super apparent at one point wheres theres lots of zombies in cells , you try to headshot them and you can see the bullets hitting the prison cage instead of where you are aiming, its pretty damn frustrating and stupid.

Im kinda dissapointed considering i really liked 1/2.
did not try 1/2 in the trilogy to see if the same , i assume that it is.

Any one else noticing this on pc?

EliteSpartan

Neo Member
Just picked it up on XB1, great game and lots of fun. I do wish the screen tearing/minor performance hits weren't so pronounced however it still feels solid enough. Playing on elite has been a good challenge until I got to the church you defend with the machine gun zombie, mows me down every time.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
im pretty upset over this part 3 , it seems like theres auto aim on the pc version and no option to turn it off.
Its not apparently with sniper rifles but whereas in NZA1/2 i could mow down crowds with
headshots , but in this one it seems to just auto aim where it likes. (Really obvious with SMG / AR's)

its super apparent at one point wheres theres lots of zombies in cells , you try to headshot them and you can see the bullets hitting the prison cage instead of where you are aiming, its pretty damn frustrating and stupid.

Im kinda dissapointed considering i really liked 1/2.
did not try 1/2 in the trilogy to see if the same , i assume that it is.

Any one else noticing this on pc?

Well... there's bullet spread. I mean especially with shotguns and SMG's. That's why your crosshair is so huge with those weapons. Because the bullets can spread anywhere inside that area. It's randomized. You can reduce the spread by remaining in a fixed firing position, burst firing, and changing your posture. But the bullets leaving those weapons will never be guaranteed to land in the center of your crosshair, just somewhere inside it. Honestly, on most SMG's the bullets go everywhere.

I noticed a weird scoring issue on my game yesterday. I'm soloing the campaign and I'm not much fussed about the score generally. I don’t tend to pay much attention to the notifications that pop up, but I do like to check the distance if I've managed to pull off a particularly long-range sniper shot. I got what I thought was a pretty good one last night, but instead of telling me I’d got a 764.2 m headshot
(yeah, right, in my dreams maybe)
, the game reported a 4 for 1 grenade kill.

After that I started paying more attention to the notifications, and it was misreporting my activity quite a bit. I got a 2 for 1 explosive kill for shooting an already dead zombie in the head with my Webley for instance. I thought maybe it was coincidentally reporting kills from mines and so forth, but it can even happen when I haven’t laid any traps and there’s nothing else going on in the level.

Strange. Or maybe not strange, and I'm just missing some really obvious explanation.

gooface

Banned
Played Coop with two of my friends yesterday, it was a complete blast, I need to get a 4th friend into this game... Shouldnt be hard.

AkuMifune

Banned
The fact that no sites are covering this and it only has a few lame reviews just cement what a shitty waste of time gaming sites have become. If they can't regurgitate the same opinion on the same titles in their self-congratulatory twitter echo chamber of fuck then they have no idea what to do with themselves.

That came out way more bitter than I intended. Heh.

Jakabok

Guys do you still get the slom-mo kill cams in co-op? Or did they remove them so the other players don't have to wait like in Sniper Elite 3?

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
The fact that no sites are covering this and it only has a few lame reviews just cement what a shitty waste of time gaming sites have become. If they can't regurgitate the same opinion on the same titles in their self-congratulatory twitter echo chamber of fuck then they have no idea what to do with themselves.

That came out way more bitter than I intended. Heh.

Not just this game, Life is Strange, White Night, Helldivers, and even Hotline Miami 2 seem to be way under the radar.

It's sad, because these games are just as awesome as the retail ones, or even better. People complain about the death of the AA or tier B games, but they don't even purchase them. It's miracle that Rebellion is still doing fine and was able to do this game.

Z_Y

I had no idea what this game was. I saw somebody making some game clips on my activity feed and the game caught my eye. Just seeing the OT today...opened it up and the gifs sold me. Bought. Hopefully I can try it out tonight. If anybody wants to add me, my gamertag is Z Y

Gold_Loot

Good lord, this game is awesome! This game is basically a modern version of Doom with the Sniper Elite engine. Playing this solo with 3D enabled and a good pair of headphones has been incredible yet terrifying.

I talked my friend into buying (doing my part Rebellion) this so I have been doing some co-cop as well. It's great!

Moofers

The music... and then the skeltons keep coming, so good.

Your avatar looks like he's just a uniform and helmet away from being one of the enemies in the game. ;)

I'm very pleased to see this game getting so much good word of mouth. I've got a few of my friends to buy it now, and I see others are doing the same. This is great. I hope its a big success because it sure deserves it!

Copy finally arrived today.

Currently installing. Haven't been this exited to play a game for some time...

Any beginner tips? I'm a Sniper vet, so I know the general ropes, but it seems this is a whole different beast in terms of difficulty, chapter length, ammo conservation, etc.

I had no idea what this game was. I saw somebody making some game clips on my activity feed and the game caught my eye. Just seeing the OT today...opened it up and the gifs sold me. Bought. Hopefully I can try it out tonight. If anybody wants to add me, my gamertag is Z Y

I hadn't heard of it either. Saw it as one of the games on twitch and figured I'd take a look. Then I saw it was on PS4 and didn't understand how I had not heard of it.
Hope to pick it up for PS4 by the end of the weekend. Looks like fun.

Any beginner tips? I'm a Sniper vet, so I know the general ropes, but it seems this is a whole different beast in terms of difficulty, chapter length, ammo conservation, etc.

remember to always loot the enemies to get ammo...and make sure to watch your back because sometimes the enemies spawn behind you

Toa TAK

Banned
The art direction in this game needs more love. The visuals are outstanding. Just look at the first chapter of the 2nd campaign.

derFeef

Play on highest difficulty for sure. If you play solo, set enemy spawns accordingly (still hard). There are many sniper riles with different abilites, reload times etc. Choose to your liking :)

Use your kick on sole zombies, then kick again to stomp the head. Don't forget your pistol, it's good. I did not like the shotguns so far besides the preacher (double barrel) but ymmw. And explore every corner!

I wish there were this many people who enjoyed the first two games when they came out. It was pretty hard to find someone to play co-op with on day one of those.

remember to always loot the enemies to get ammo...and make sure to watch your back because sometimes the enemies spawn behind you

Play on highest difficulty for sure. If you play solo, set enemy spawns accordingly (still hard). There are many sniper riles with different abilites, reload times etc. Choose to your liking :)

Use your kick on sole zombies, then kick again to stomp the head. Don't forget your pistol, it's good. I did not like the shotguns so far besides the preacher (double barrel) but ymmw. And explore every corner!

Awesome, thanks for the tips.

Time to dive in.

Haunted

Actually, if you really like that "perfect shot" aspect of Sniper Elite, I would actually recommend 3 over this.

You can still snipe enemies in this game, but it has much less focus on stealthily getting into position, scouting out the enemy and setting up that one perfect shot. The combat is much more close quarter and is generally about surviving sieges and waves of enemies (think horde/holdout game modes) in smaller, contained arenas.

Sniper Elite is a series that is on the extreme end of the "sniper vs run and gun" spectrum, and while 3 still is that, Zombie Army Trilogy certainly moves much closer to something more loose and fast-paced like Left 4 Dead on that spectrum.

Dominator

Have it on PS4, but it's on sale on Xbox and I just convinced 2 people who have One's to buy it to play with me. Looks like I'm buying again lol

At least it's on sale this week for Gold members.

Top Bottom