• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ZombiU 2 prototype in development

tsab

Can someone explain to me why people port beg the hell out of nintendo exclusive games? Everytime they get a third party exclusive people whine for it to be on other systems yet those same people are the ones that say "oh nintendo has no third party games/support." And im not just talking WiiU, 3DS falls under the same category as well. I never see this much port begging when competitors get there exclusives.

Nintendo is kiddy, SEGA MS and Sony are for the h@rdc0r3z

I am not serious

edit:eek:ops double post

Rayman Legends used to have gamepad centric gameplay but didn't stopped them from porting it :p

From the demo the gamepad play wasnt as crucial to the overall gameplay mechanics as it was in ZombiU. We havent even seen what the game will be like on PS360 yet. For all we know they could have cut a bunch of content out because it would have needed the gamepad.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?

tsab

From the demo the gamepad play wasnt as crucial to the overall gameplay mechanics as it was in ZombiU. We havent even seen what the game will be like on PS360 yet. For all we know they could have cut a bunch of content out because it would have needed the gamepad.

That what I think too. "Exclusive" for WiiU version.

My post regarding the port of Zombie2 is what I believe ubisoft may do.

That what I think too. "Exclusive" for WiiU version.

My post regarding the port of Zombie2 is what I believe ubisoft may do.

But it wouldnt really be ZombiU anymore without those features. Rayman Legends wasnt a game built around the gamepad. its core mechanics are the same as Origins, which makes it simple to make it multiplat. ZombiU's entire concept was built around integrating the gamepad into the gameplay, to make a multiplat sequal would be removing the very basis that made the team turn Killer Freaks into ZombiU in the first place.

Actually having to look away from the main screen and "into the backpack" is a really neat feature, it creates much more tension than just an overlaying menu I think.

It sure does and then looking up cause you heard something in the background to make sure nothing is coming adds even more.

What's so unique that can't be done on a single screen?

Taking your eyes off the main screen to induce the feeling tension was one of the key concepts going into ZombiU. Touchscreen inventory management is infinitly faster than tradition methods,so is hacking a keypad with having to input a password, in ZombiU that speed could mean life or death.

Using the scanner on a single screen takes out the rear view mirror aspect thats shown on the tv when using the gamepad scanner, which is also more accurate with the gyro sensor.

Ntm where are they going to map all the extra touchscreen buttons on a regular controller? The flashlight, radar ping, and items were all mapped to the touchscreen. Seeing as all buttons on the gamepad were being used i dont see where they could map those.

Lastly, its a simple sense of immersion. Having the prepper directly talk to you on the pad makes it feel more realistic, ntm removing all on screen clutter.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
To counter the advantage a better melee system (it was already pretty exploitable) and melee weapon variety would result in, I'd love to see melee weapon durability introduced.

I would take more aggressive Zombies over weapon decay, i hate that. :(

Neff

Instantly my most anticipated Wii-U game. The original is so damned good.

Yes, it is.

Too short, too repetitive, and too unfinished, but I tasted genuine fear in that game, something I haven't done since the original Resident Evil, and it was delicious.

I will buy a sequel that ups the strategy and variety without hesitation, so long as it keeps the harrowing experience of your character, and all the hard work you've put into it, possibly dying suddenly, forever, from a moment's lapse of vigilance.

Glorious game.

Taking your eyes off the main screen to induce the feeling tension was one of the key concepts going into ZombiU. Touchscreen inventory management is infinitly faster than tradition methods,so is hacking a keypad with having to input a password, in ZombiU that speed could mean life or death.

Using the scanner on a single screen takes out the rear view mirror aspect thats shown on the tv when using the gamepad scanner, which is also more accurate with the gyro sensor.

Ntm where are they going to map all the extra touchscreen buttons on a regular controller? The flashlight, radar ping, and items were all mapped to the touchscreen. Seeing as all buttons on the gamepad were being used i dont see where they could map those.

Lastly, its a simple sense of immersion. Having the prepper directly talk to you on the pad makes it feel more realistic, ntm removing all on screen clutter.

Totally. It's still to date the best salesman for the Gamepad.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
It should be stressed this doesn't mean a sequel is going to happen, just that the team is building a prototype they'll pitch to Ubi.

Can someone explain to me why people port beg the hell out of nintendo exclusive games? Everytime they get a third party exclusive people whine for it to be on other systems yet those same people are the ones that say "oh nintendo has no third party games/support." And im not just talking WiiU, 3DS falls under the same category as well. I never see this much port begging when competitors get there exclusives.
Again, I fail to see how expecting a potential game to be multiplatform due to market realities. Someone can have no interest in the game whatsoever and still comment on such expectation. Without first party publishing money exclusives made by third party studios have largely gone the way of the dodo.

It is no different from the expectation for years that Vs XIII would become multiplatform.

As for port begging for Nintendo platforms, they don't need to be exclusives to incur it, feel free to visit any recent game announcement thread that omitted the Wii U from the list of platforms i.e. pretty much all of them.

KU_

Loved the first. If they tightened up some area's, we'd have a great game. Hopefully if a second is in the works, they keep true to the original and don't turn it into a FPS zombie game. Keep it survival horror first, please!

Zombie U had potential. All it needs is a good story and characters. It was like a mobile game. I didn't like that.

It did have characters, it's just that they weren't playable. The idea of interchangeable, almost-anonymous survivors was great and I'd be very disappointed if it was dropped for a sequel.

Log4Girlz

Needs more Bono

kPMh2NF.jpg

Zombi U 2

mrklaw

MrArseFace

can press a button to look in the backpack and have your onscreen character look down, only showing the background in the periphery.

PS4 has a speaker in the controller for audio feeds, otherwise I don't think that part is that critical.

it is definitely a good experience on the gamepad but I don't think it would be anything like a deal breaker.

Also, if they do it on single screen devices, that means they could offer off-screen play on WiiU if they want to. That is a *big* selling point for me. I was disappointed I couldn't play lego city on the gamepad only - the two screen usage was great but I couldn't play when the kids were on the PS3

Mmm, not really. I'm sure the team would love to do a sequel, but I'm guessing they're not much beyond the stage of pitching a prototype to Ubisoft and seeing how they go. Prototype would generally be considered a demonstration of ideas, not actual production of a fully greenlit title.

Still, if a sequel does happen, I expect the Wii U exclusivity to end, unless Nintendo has a say in the project that keeps it there. I think we'd see a Wii U version, but I can imagine Ubisoft would want to spread a greenlit sequel across multiple platforms, not one middling in the market.

If it does get greenlit I hope they keep the core formula intact, and just expand on the Metroidvania premise. Don't make it easier, as it was already plenty easy enough for a comfortable player. The game has a Metroidvania structure, expand it just like the likes of Super did over Metroid. Don't streamline. Don't appeal to the masses when you're sitting on one of the most legitimate survival horror designs around. The ideas are already great. Grow them, not stifle or change.

And for the love of fuck don't set it in bloody America.

EDIT: And for what it's worth, ZombiU is still my favourite game on the system, and of my best picks of 2012.
Do you know how well it sold? Why does it seem many speak poorly of it without having played it much less complete it?

Fistwell

So ZombiU2 apparently aint happenin, according to EG.
Eurogamer said:
The first-person survival/horror game was not profitable, according Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot in an interview with GamesIndustry International. The report added that it was "not even close" to turning a profit and "there are no plans (or even desire) for a sequel."

So long ZombiBono, we barely knew you.

But in all serious-like, they should port it to PS360. Solid game that could find its public, maybe especially so in a post-TLOU world. I don't know exactly what they expected from a release game? I also thought the game was a little rough due to cutting costs on development. Guess they didn't cut enough?

Krilekk

Banned
Mark my words we will see Zombiu sequel...

ZombiX. There won't be a new ZombiU.

So ZombiU2 apparently aint happenin, according to EG.

So long ZombiBono, we barely knew you.

But in all serious-like, they should port it to PS360. Solid game that could find its public, maybe especially so in a post-TLOU world. I don't know exactly what they expected from a release game? I also thought the game was a little rough due to cutting costs on development. Guess they didn't cut enough?

There already are games like this: Condemned and Condemned 2. And some textures in ZombiU wish they had the resolution of Condemned (signs especially).

onipex

It was the same thing with the Wii/ DS too. I think when the games got ported they bombed even harder on the other consoles.

Top Bottom