• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ZombiU Dev Diary

For anyone who is avoiding the Zombi-U dev diary because of spoilers or just general intrigue check out this gif.

Personally I think the other gif floating around with the buildings and zombies stumbling around to me isn't too impressive. But the scale, lighting, and details in this gif personally make this shot look amazing.

gifetrbt.gif

Gummb

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about Rayman Legends Wii U.
I'm interested in all the dust circles on the lens of every single shot in this game. Are we getting to the point where eyes need to be perfectly portrayed as imperfect? XD

Nilaul

I'm interested in all the dust circles on the lens of every single shot in this game. Are we getting to the point where eyes need to be perfectly portrayed as imperfect? XD

What are the long term effects on vision, due to lack of hydration and vitamins etc. ?

If the game ends up as good as it looks then I doubt it will be WiiU exclusive for very long.

Considering how many aspects of the gameplay are tied to the pad, it's not going to be an easy port. Unless Sony's or MS's next gen systems copy the Wii-U pad. MS's Smart glass wouldn't be able to replicate it.

Considering how many aspects of the gameplay are tied to the pad, it's not going to be an easy port. Unless Sony's or MS's next gen systems copy the Wii-U pad. MS's Smart glass wouldn't be able to replicate it.

But Zombi U doesn't require the GamePad does it? At least that's what I inferred from the Zombi U Wii U bundle coming with a Pro controller...

BY2K

Membero Americo
gifetrbt.gif

Is the dirt on the screen coming from the game or was this off-screen footage from a really dirty TV?

EDIT: Nice lighting btw.

But Zombi U doesn't require the GamePad does it? At least that's what I inferred from the Zombi U Wii U bundle coming with a Pro controller...

My experience playing it at the NYC Wii-U experience it seemed to me that the Gamepad was required. You're interacting with it constantly.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.

The Gamepad is required. In fact outside of Nintendoland, it probaly depends on the Gamerpad more then any other WiiU launch title. The Pro controller can be used in the multiplayer mode where one player plays a god-like zombie creator on the Gamepad and the other plays a traditional-ish FPS within the world the Gamepad is placing zombies in. There is a capture-the-flag (among other) modes using this.

The Pro controller can be used in the multiplayer mode where one player plays a god-like zombie creator on the Gamepad and the other plays a traditional-ish FPS within the world the Gamepad is placing zombies in. There is a capture-the-flag (among other) modes using this.

Ah, that makes a lot of sense. I was wondering why they'd specifically have a Pro controller in the bundle if it was incompatible with the game!

Nilaul

What about tablet + WiiMote and Nunchunk. The only difference would be that your wiimote would be used for aiming and shooting

CronoShot

Every time I see this it looks better. Almost exactly opposite of Red Steel.

This is definitely the first Wii U game I'll play on launch day. Second will be AC3.

Keep em coming Ubisoft.

BY2K

Membero Americo
You've burned me once already, Ubisoft, this better not be a second serving.

It just looks so good.

majik13

Am I the only one who found that scene impressive?

no, was the most impressive to me, more so than that outdoor one every keeps talking about.

Hopefully it ain't any bull, the AA looks too good to be true. Its gonna be awesome playing games with no HUD though.

tkscz

no, was the most impressive to me, more so than that outdoor one every keeps talking about.

Hopefully it ain't any bull, the AA looks too good to be true. Its gonna be awesome playing games with no HUD though.

This has been bugging me as well. That AA is looking marvelous. A bit too marvelous though. I mean, no flaws at all, might be pulling another Red Steel here.

Happy with the way this game is shaping up. I remember the original Nintendo direct first videos; and it was just looking like more of a rush to launch game. Glad Ubisoft/devs are taking this seriously

Effect

I hope the GameStop Nov 13 release date is real. That means NewEgg could ship my my copy and I'll have it before I pick up my system.

fart town usa

Gold Member
This looks outstanding.

While I'm not all that excited for the WiiU, I'm definitely starting to get excited for this game. Makes me glad I preordered.

This looks like one of those games that will be just as fun to watch as it is to play.

adelante

Alright, that's it. Between this and Bayonnetta 2, I'm DEFINITELY gonna get a WiiU at launch. GAh, damn me and my weak, geeky heart

Can't wait to play this on launch day...bullshot or not, the gameplay is so refreshing to me and each time we hear about it I'm more and more intrigued.

jmizzal

What about tablet + WiiMote and Nunchunk. The only difference would be that your wiimote would be used for aiming and shooting

I would love that, COD Black Ops 2 has it

It would be even more realistic, in real live you would have to put down your weapon or hold your weapon while your looking in your bad, so doing that with the Wiimote numchuck/WiiU pad can work too. Options are so great thank you Nintendo.

Top Bottom