• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ZombiU |OT| Zombi Emergency! WiiU WiiU WiiU WiiU

So I think I've got the fuel bug I've barely heard about.

Got through the Nursery fine, went back to the petrol station
killed the guy and picked up the scanner upgrade, opened up the door and carried on. I didn't realise that there was a fuel tank I had to pick up and so it probably wasn't there to begin with.

I've saved a few times and gone back where another item will spawn, just not the tank. So am I fucked? Is there a way to get the tank to spawn again? The strange thing is that I turned on the generator, but the lights didn't come on and I can't progress through another door which was previously locked before I hacked it.

I've put in 12 hours and don't fancy doing that again.

GC|Simon

I got the game on day 1 (Europe) but stopped playing it in December right after the Supermarket. I wanted to wait for a patch due to the gamebreaking bugs (my brother ran into one of those). But since there is (so far) no patch, I decided to give it a try. I played it yesterday and today for about 60 to 90 minutes each and successfully explored the Buckingham Palace for the first time (
found the first book, next target: Brick Lane Flats
). Died three times so far. My impression so far: The game is damn good. It's such a great, scary experience. I never played a better horror game in sense of atmosphere. Can't wait to continue.

Vibed

I just got past Buckingham Palace, onto
the Brick Lane Markets
. I've died two times so far: First
in front of the safe house when that horde first appears because of a button slip up and second inside the Palace when I accidentally touched the trap code door, immediately backed out and ran, but couldn't get through the approaching horde. I tried opening that door later after killing the horde, only to find it was a trap like I said.

My train of thought
outside the gates of the Palace
was exhilarating.
*Takes lockpick before checking nearby door*
Prepper: Zombie horde incoming!
*Kills first zombie*
*Waits five seconds thinking and waiting*
*Realizes what he means after remembering the turret*
Me: OH SHIT
*Dashes over and hastily fills the turret*
*Runs out of ammo on last two zombies*
*Fumbles trying to refill ammo*
*Takes a hit*
Me: SCREW THIS HAND TO BAT COMBAT MOTHERFUCKER
*Kills the armored zombies in near desperation*
*Almost dies*
*Super cautious return to the door*
*Finds a bed*
*Relief*

How far into the game is Buckingham Palace anyway?

Zafir

Baaah what the hell. Was escaping from the supermarket, and I died trying to use the bloody manhole, because some stupid uploading screenshot thing popped up and threw me off. Who thought that was a good place to put it lol?

GC|Simon

Continued with playing ZombiU. I just explored the Brick Lane Flats and got the
second book
. The more I play, the more I love the game. The
zombie disco
was a fantastic idea, haha. About my nest goal:
The doc wants me to get seven letters, the prepper wants me to explore some kind of military area first. The latter sounds more exciting than visiting all the known areas again.

I really love the game. It scares me to hell and I really like that!

Bradach

Any good tips for a noob? I'm only an hour in our so and I've died a lot. Just reached the save point outside the palace gates. It seems I can take out two zombies without too much trouble but any more than that and I'm dead. Am I doing something wrong?

Apart from all the deaths I'm enjoying it so far. It's like the child of dead Island and demon souls...

GC|Simon

Any good tips for a noob? I'm only an hour in our so and I've died a lot. Just reached the save point outside the palace gates. It seems I can take out two zombies without too much trouble but any more than that and I'm dead. Am I doing something wrong?

My suggestions:
- Think about playing in chicken mode - from what I've seen you get completely the same content but you don't need that many hits for a single zombie (makes the game maybe even better imho). Though, groups of four and more zombies are still a deadly danger.
- Use a flare and a granade or molotov cocktail to kill zombie groups - this is very effective.
- Use choke points to fight (doorframes, etc.).
- Try to get the attention of only one Zombie, let him follow you backwards, kill him, next one, etc.

I continued my journey a fe hours ago and arrived at the London Pier. Time to get ready for the Tower!

VideoMan

30% Failure Rate
BCDNDvvCMAEEFV0.jpg:large

From some guys twitter

Just started this up, should I follow the path to objectives or this or ok to wonder off, I dont want to go anywhere Im not supposed to, will I return to these areas during different objectives?

Im right in the first area where I have to retrieve backpack.

Vibed

Man, watching some random ZombiU clips - where the fuck do you get paintings for your bat? :lol

Sign up for UPlay, then go online to the UPlay site and redeem the points you earn in the game for 4 different rewards: A new menu screen, cricket bat customization, a few videos, or a new multiplayer mode.

You can earn points by doing four different things: Getting the backpack, reaching a survivor score of 2,000 points, hacking all the CCTV cameras, and finishing the game.

Just started this up, should I follow the path to objectives or this or ok to wonder off, I dont want to go anywhere Im not supposed to, will I return to these areas during different objectives?

Im right in the first area where I have to retrieve backpack.
Early on there isn't really an opportunity to wander off, they only open up areas as they are important to proceed. After awhile, though, you can go back to areas (that will have new zombies) but it is only worth it if you need more supplies, lose a weapon or two, or are searching for
the Dee letters

Sign up for UPlay, then go online to the UPlay site and redeem the points you earn in the game for 4 different rewards: A new menu screen, cricket bat customization, a few videos, or a new multiplayer mode.

You can earn points by doing four different things: Getting the backpack, reaching a survivor score of 2,000 points, hacking all the CCTV cameras, and finishing the game.

You can download the Uplay app through the eShop, so you can get all that stuff using just the GamePad.

Bradach

My suggestions:
- Think about playing in chicken mode - from what I've seen you get completely the same content but you don't need that many hits for a single zombie (makes the game maybe even better imho). Though, groups of four and more zombies are still a deadly danger.
- Use a flare and a granade or molotov cocktail to kill zombie groups - this is very effective.
- Use choke points to fight (doorframes, etc.).
- Try to get the attention of only one Zombie, let him follow you backwards, kill him, next one, etc.

I continued my journey a fe hours ago and arrived at the London Pier. Time to get ready for the Tower!
Thanks for the tips. I'm about 5 hours in now and I live longer. I tried the flare molotov combo and it worked a charm. Can I change to chicken mode during a game?

*okay_face.jpg*

Not interested in UPlay, thought this was something that I'd get in some raven rooms I didn't open. Do your zombify-pics also go to some UPlay site if you upload them?

Thankfully I never had any of those game breaking bugs but I'm glad they're releasing a patch.

Only thing happening for me was, dying in the
escape sequence from buckingham at the end
and getting back my story item was really awkward. All the shortcuts were closed all of a sudden and the door for the shortcut in the safehouse too. Then I had to reach my dying point the other way round somehow and then go back to the safehouse again, lol.

GC|Simon

I just saw the credits. Fantastic game. Best survival horror game in years and imo a real reason to buy a WiiU. I will post more thoughts tomorrow. Currently I just enjoy to be proud of beating the game. Killed every single zonbie on my way to
the Helicopter

GC|Simon

After finishing the game last night I will post my thoughts below:

+ Great Setting: London is a fantastic place for a zombie apocalypse. Even if you spend most time in unknown areas it's great to see places like the Tower Bridge and the new townhall in the background. Well-known places like the Buckingham Palace and the Tower of London are integral parts of the story.
+ Great Atmosphere: The game is unforgiving - one mistake and you are most likely dead. That builds up an incredible tension. My highlight here was the kindergarten. There are also some very good shock effects. And it is awesome to meet your former self when you die and try to get your things again.
+ Great variety regarding surroundings: A kindergarten, a street with a gas station, London's tube, flats & warehouses as well as well-known places like Buckingham Palace, London Pier and the Tower of London - awesome. Changes in the daylight time add to the atmosphere.
+ Fantastic sound: There are all sorts of sounds and noises which will creep the shit out of you.
+ Strategic combat: You need to proceed carefully and think about how to kill groups of zombies. Sometimes it makes sense to use guns, sometimes not. Flares, molotov cocktails and grenades extremely useful - but also very dangerous. There are different types of zonbies which require different combat styles. You have to make sure that your quick-access inventory is well organized since you won't have time to rummage around in your backback during combat.
+ Great onlie functionality: No, there is no online multiplayer mode. But if your WiiU is connected to the internet, you will meet failed survivors and find messages from others on walls.
+ Only possible on WiiU: Using the GamePad as a radar, map, communication device and backpack adds to the tension and atmosphere.
+ Hours of fun: You will need around 12 hours to finish the game - a lot of today's games only offer around five hours of content. There is also a local multiplayer mode for two people.
- Repetitive close combat: Close combat is used a lot and there is just one weapon: a bat. Can be a bit boring!
- Rough graphics: Textures, character models, etc. are all a bit rough - though I think that doesn't really matter since the game's look is dirty and dark. Unfortunately, there are some clone areas - though they are just for transit purposes there.
- Bugs: I haven't had any problems but we all know that there are bugs - some of them even game breaking. Though those are going to be resolved soon according to the developers.
- The Arena:
The arena is not only damn hard, it is also a bit misplaced. You get in, you get out - without knowing anything about the people who are responsible for it. You can't even see them.

Overall: Don't trust the reviews. ZombiU is a fantastic game. It is a must-have for friends of the (survival) horror genre - and in my opinion also a reason to buy a WiiU. ZombiU is a great and unique experience you won't forget for a long time. Give it a shot!

Thanks to the reviewers i almost didn't buy this game.. Glad i did! The setting and fibe are really great and i think i never got a challenge from a game like this in at least 5 years. Died many times
and got a bad ending
but really liked every second of it. Shame there isn't really a good story though. maybe for zombiu2

xandaca

Glitch or gamer stupidity?

Near the end:
I've got the eye, and took the sewer back to the first entrance of Buckingham Palace. Got to the laboratory, but the door that leads to the retinal scanner is locked. I can not seem to find an alternate exit. Am I effed?

I remember getting stuck at a similar point (a door should have been open but wasn't), not sure if it was the door you're talking about, but I found a long way around just using the map. The alternate route wasn't signposted at all, which is what led to my initial confusion. Keep trying?

I've been dying quite a bit carelessly

Got to the tower of london and died by being bummed by a zombie, a cutscene played out with the ravens of the tower taking out a helicopter, was I meant to see that?

I think being a Londoner adds so much more to this game.

Deadstar

Can anyone help me out. I got to a point where I need to restart a generator in the safe house area. More specifically, I need to refuel it. When I move close to it, it says press x to activate it. The generator makes some noise and starts moving but no lights come on, like in some videos I've seen. Did I get a game breaking glitch?

HeySeuss

Can anyone help me out. I got to a point where I need to restart a generator in the safe house area. More specifically, I need to refuel it. When I move close to it, it says press x to activate it. The generator makes some noise and starts moving but no lights come on, like in some videos I've seen. Did I get a game breaking glitch?

Did you get the fuel to refill it? That is its own mission in Splatterfields (sp?) which sends you to another location to complete the mission. (I'm purposely trying to he vague as to not spoil anything for you)

Deadstar

Did you get the fuel to refill it? That is its own mission in Splatterfields (sp?) which sends you to another location to complete the mission. (I'm purposely trying to he vague as to not spoil anything for you)

I don't remember if I did. I thought I did...the weird thing is there is a mission marker on the map but it's nowhere near where I need to be. If I go to the splatterfields area there's no marker. I believe I did that part.

Vibed

Wait....UPlay can net you a new multiplayer mode? How have I not heard this before?

Anybody know what the mode is/does?

The unlockable mode, Survival, is not too different from Killing Box. In Killing box, it records the amount of zombie kills the survivor makes while the Zombie King continually tries to upgrade his forces. In Survival, the survivor has a score based on how many kills they've made and how long they've stayed alive, while the Zombie King already has topped out zombies.

HeySeuss

I don't remember if I did. I thought I did...the weird thing is there is a mission marker on the map but it's nowhere near where I need to be. If I go to the splatterfields area there's no marker. I believe I did that part.

Did you go to the
nursery yet?
. If not that's where you need to go. The door is unlocked after you trigger the cut scene
of the guy in the gas station with the son

And thanks Vibed! I'll have to download the app and check it out.

andthebeatgoeson

Just finished this game. What a run. I played on Chicken but I didn't get frustrated and the mechanics are worth it. I'll restart a new game now. Lots of scary sounds, great atmosphere.

On chicken, you have too many weapons and you fill up the box real quick. And gamefaqs/video faqs were my friend. Still didn't detract from the game. I used it because I didn't want to lose my gear. Either way, the game gives you enough to make it by, so don't worry about it. I was just too chicken shit to try it. Some could say I missed out on some of the atmosphere but with limited time, I usually just take the easy road. I've been playing this since launch; kids and work just eat up too much time and I don't want to end up stuck or frustrated.

Question: I thought the zombies were not supposed to be able to climb ladders? I saw it a few times (dock, werehouse).

Either way, this is the must have game for this system.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
I too am playing it on Chicken because I realized I hate Survival Horror. Should've realized that when I didn't enjoy beating Dead Space 1.

I am enjoying the game overall, though, on Chicken. Still plenty scary, not really difficult, but that's okay for me.

Just started the game a few days ago, and while the first hour or so was pretty boring, I'm 4 hours in now i'm really enjoying it.

Also, this game has one of the nicest loading screens ever. I love how it looks with the map background and silhouettes. Simple but effective.

andthebeatgoeson

I too am playing it on Chicken because I realized I hate Survival Horror. Should've realized that when I didn't enjoy beating Dead Space 1.

I am enjoying the game overall, though, on Chicken. Still plenty scary, not really difficult, but that's okay for me.

I'll try not to spoil it but you'll have a ton of shit left over on chicken. I didn't die once and i had to leave a lot of ammo/flares, etc because i couldn't keep it all. Playing on regular and it's a bit more difficult but when you get the idea that more than one zombie needs grenades/flares/molitovs, you'll be better off.

I can only ask for the sequel to have bigger levels. I love this game. Finishing up the 2nd run through and will start a survivor after this. Maybe enemy placement being varied would make it better for repeat run through. Otherwise, the 2nd and 3rd time through, you really remember where things are at and how to avoid them. Just made my way thru the
arena
on normal and wasn't terribly tough.

Used a lot of the silenced pistol and melee, so that probably helps. No need to rush into combat with a ton of zombies.

Either way, I like soaking up the story and atmosphere of the game so I can see myself playing it alot.

Effect

I've been away from this game for so long I think I'm actually going to restart. When I last played I had just gotten the
upgraded scanner from the doctor
. I stopped playing because the game made me feel to stress. Restarting and this time playing on chicken just so I can finish the game in a timely manner might be best. Then I can go back and redo it on the normal difficulty.

When you are playing on chicken your score doesn't get added to the leaderboards right?

What's the main difference? Just less enemies on screen? They do less damage but the numbers are similar to the normal mode?

clear31

It's on sale for 41.99 on the wii u shop this week, considering picking it up but feel like i'll find it for 40 probably on a disc

Exeunt

Well, the Ubisoft sale this week inspired me to finally check out the demo to see whether I'd be interested in Zombi U. I know there were some mixed impressions upon the game's release so I was holding off for a while but the E3 showing looked pretty promising.

I'd seen the E3 developer walkthrough so I sort of had an introduction to the demo level already. I really dreaded the
teleporting ghost (?) zombie in the basement
and had a basic idea of what I was supposed to be doing, which I suppose took away from the freshness a tad... But I still had a lot of fun. I was doing well (or at least getting by) up until
I defeated the zombie ghost thing and a whole new batch of zombies broke in; the police zombies who are less phased by the cricket bat played a role in my downfall
. My crowd control skills weren't good enough at that point so the first survivor's journey ended there, then I lost my other two demo survivors trying to get back to the first. Oops!

Anyway, I just had some questions for those who have played the game. I would probably be playing on Chicken or one of the lower difficulty levels that are being discussed on this page—I didn't find the demo way too hard but I also hit a wall rather quickly near the end and scare quite easily. So with that in mind:

- How important are the shooting mechanics in the game? Looking around and exploring are fine, but the lack of Wii Remote shooting did a bit to turn me off the game at first; that said, I completely get that the experience is built around the GamePad. From what I gather, I can take care of zombies in other ways if I'm not too hot with the analog, right (like flares, grenades, etc)? My attempts to use a gun really came back to bite me when I tried in the demo.

- Is it possible to screw yourself over by dying too much in one area and having all your ex-survivors gang up on you? I certainly made things worse for myself in the demo by dying in the same place, and I'd hope there is some system in place that prevents you from walling off difficult areas even further. Or is this a 'tough love' type scenario?

- How reliant is the game on big, in-your-face jump scares? I'm talking about scares like when you have to
scan the body of the ghost zombie and it pops out at you
rather than just a zombie bursting out of a closet. The demo seemed mostly reliant on atmosphere, but I thought I'd double check.

Thanks in advance to whoever reads this! I'm leaning towards a purchase—which I'd be making in the next week or so thanks to the eShop sale—but I thought I'd just get a bit more feedback given how the game seems (or at least appeared at launch) rather divisive. I also likely wouldn't be playing until April or so when exams are finished so there's the possibility of the patch arriving before I actually get into the game and addressing some issues people may have with the title as-is.

- How important are the shooting mechanics in the game? Looking around and exploring are fine, but the lack of Wii Remote shooting did a bit to turn me off the game at first; that said, I completely get that the experience is built around the GamePad. From what I gather, I can take care of zombies in other ways if I'm not too hot with the analog, right (like flares, grenades, etc)? My attempts to use a gun really came back to bite me when I tried in the demo.

The shooting gets more important as the game goes on but if you play on Chicken you will probably have a ton of ammo to use. I played on Normal and was able to use the cricket bat for the majority of the game as I was afraid I would run out of bullets when I most needed them. Using flares and grenades helps a lot and I was able to only engage a single zombie a lot of the time, making the cricket bat all I needed. Anything more than one zombie and you will need to be at least decent with a gun. You will get it as the game goes on.

- Is it possible to screw yourself over by dying too much in one area and having all your ex-survivors gang up on you? I certainly made things worse for myself in the demo by dying in the same place, and I'd hope there is some system in place that prevents you from walling off difficult areas even further. Or is this a 'tough love' type scenario?

No. If you die, only your last survivor will remain. When you respawn, if your previous survivor or another zombie kills you, that first survivor will disappear leaving only your most recent death. All of the supplies that first survivor had will also disappear with it and you will only be able to regain the items of your most recent death. This can lead to frustration, as I lost several nice guns and health items by not being able to kill my previous survivor but this frustration might not be as large on Chicken.

- How reliant is the game on big, in-your-face jump scares? I'm talking about scares like when you have to
scan the body of the ghost zombie and it pops out at you
rather than just a zombie bursting out of a closet. The demo seemed mostly reliant on atmosphere, but I thought I'd double check.

I can't give you an exact ratio of atmosphere-to-jump scares but the game has probably only a handful of jump scares like the one you mention. Nearly the whole game is reliant on the (tremendous) atmosphere, the sounds (or lack of), and the ping of your radar. You will jump when you turn a corner and run into a zombie that was motionless and, therefore, not on your radar but atmosphere is definitely king in ZombiU.

Highly recommended, post any other questions you might have.

Exeunt

Thanks for the response!

The shooting gets more important as the game goes on but if you play on Chicken you will probably have a ton of ammo to use. I played on Normal and was able to use the cricket bat for the majority of the game as I was afraid I would run out of bullets when I most needed them. Using flares and grenades helps a lot and I was able to only engage a single zombie a lot of the time, making the cricket bat all I needed. Anything more than one zombie and you will need to be at least decent with a gun. You will get it as the game goes on.

I see. I never got a chance to try out the flares or grenades because I panicked when death was near (realtime inventory!) but I figured they would be useful for groups. In any case, I' agree that I'll get better at controlling the gun with practice; it's basically like the sniper rifle from Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition in a more heated situation. It's awesome that the developers found a good use for the GamePad, but I hope we don't see pointer controls fall by the wayside as a result! I know the sniper rifle uses gyro controls at least, so that's something.

No. If you die, only your last survivor will remain. When you respawn, if your previous survivor or another zombie kills you, that first survivor will disappear leaving only your most recent death. All of the supplies that first survivor had will also disappear with it and you will only be able to regain the items of your most recent death. This can lead to frustration, as I lost several nice guns and health items by not being able to kill my previous survivor but this frustration might not be as large on Chicken.

That makes a lot of sense—you basically get a second chance every time you die, but there is still risk involved without digging too deep of a hole for yourself.

I can't give you an exact ratio of atmosphere-to-jump scares but the game has probably only a handful of jump scares like the one you mention. Nearly the whole game is reliant on the (tremendous) atmosphere, the sounds (or lack of), and the ping of your radar. You will jump when you turn a corner and run into a zombie that was motionless and, therefore, not on your radar but atmosphere is definitely king in ZombiU.

That's what I was hoping to hear. I really loved the atmosphere of the demo—and I even unintentionally made things harder on myself by not realizing you could turn the flashlight off to conserve battery. I was quite impressed by the presentation; even though I'd seen the level and knew when the boss fight was coming thanks to E3, I still felt the suspense as I crept forward in the darkness or waited to see if there was a zombie in each room. I'm glad to hear the atmosphere-driven experience of the demo is representative of the game (of course it should be, but you never know).

Highly recommended, post any other questions you might have.

I'm liking what I've played and heard so far so I'll probably end up purchasing the game in the next couple of days when I can get out to purchase an external hard drive that's on sale. The mixed reception made me hold off for a while but I'm glad to see there's at least a cult following of the game after the dust has settled, and now seems like the best time to pick up a digital copy for the next little while.

I probably won't get around to playing Zombi U until mid-April or so when I'm done exams, so I guess the only other question I have would echo Effect's on this page.

When you are playing on chicken your score doesn't get added to the leaderboards right?

What's the main difference? Just less enemies on screen? They do less damage but the numbers are similar to the normal mode?

I gather from your post and the page overall that Chicken is basically more generous with ammo or has lower HP for enemies overall, but is the game 'gimped' in any way compared to Normal mode? If I make a UPlay account for instance, will I still get to unlock the in-game content from a Chicken... run? As I said before, I was fine with the difficulty of the demo until the groups of zombies at the end; I don't know whether that represents Chicken or Normal by default however.

I gather you've only done a Normal run however, so unless someone else reads this post and chimes in, I'll just ask how hard the game is in general; my instinct is Chicken because I've heard and feel that it could be rather difficult, but maybe that's a good part of the experience. I've seen a lot of references to people playing on Chicken difficulty on this page so it's left me wondering what people tend to think about the difficulty level.

Akira_83

Banned
I really wanna finish up this game!

bought it at launch and loved it, stopped just after

<SPOILER>i failed to get on the chopper and lost a survivor and now im back at the original safehouse after leaving the tower area. I think i have a "main quest" mission to do, but i also have those Dee Letters to collect. Can those be done right now? I was told some cant be done till the scanner pad is fully upgraded but i dont know if mine is, how to tell? the safehouse is dark so i think the quest is to get fuel. so do that or get dee letters?<SPOILER>

Id prefer to get them out of the way if possible them finish up main quest after that, so i can prep myself for Survivor Mode

Thanks!

Akira_83

Banned
oh and is it possible to miss out on dee letters or is it mandatory to see end of game? not sure if it works like main quest or if its just side quest for bonus stuff

thanks!

dont wanna miss anything!

I gather you've only done a Normal run however, so unless someone else reads this post and chimes in, I'll just ask how hard the game is in general; my instinct is Chicken because I've heard and feel that it could be rather difficult, but maybe that's a good part of the experience. I've seen a lot of references to people playing on Chicken difficulty on this page so it's left me wondering what people tend to think about the difficulty level.
I have done the whole game on Normal and went back and started a Chicken run (only got like 2 hours in). You may find Normal to be frustrating and difficult if you lose a survivor that had a ton of gear, leaving you with only the starting pistol and not much else, but that can be overcome if you go back to previous areas (where weapons and items can respawn). Chicken, from what I gather, is the same game but zombies go down with much fewer cricket whacks and are carrying much more loot. So maybe start on Normal and if you find it to be too difficult you can give Chicken a shot.

oh and is it possible to miss out on dee letters or is it mandatory to see end of game? not sure if it works like main quest or if its just side quest for bonus stuff

thanks!

dont wanna miss anything!
The Dee letters become mandatory towards the end of the game. At first they are presented to you as more of a side thing since you are given more pressing matters to deal with but you do need to collect all of them (in whatever order you wish) to actually finish the game.

Exeunt

I have done the whole game on Normal and went back and started a Chicken run (only got like 2 hours in). You may find Normal to be frustrating and difficult if you lose a survivor that had a ton of gear, leaving you with only the starting pistol and not much else, but that can be overcome if you go back to previous areas (where weapons and items can respawn). Chicken, from what I gather, is the same game but zombies go down with much fewer cricket whacks and are carrying much more loot. So maybe start on Normal and if you find it to be too difficult you can give Chicken a shot.

That's my interpretation of Chicken from reading this page as well&#8212;not that I've played anything but the demo, mind you. Maybe I will start on Normal and see whether I find the difficulty to be too high or not. That sounds like a plan!

Im nearing the end I think, collecting dee letters, I must say this game would've been in my top 5 for GOTY if I played it then, I really loved it , a true survival horror game that kept me on my toes and was scary imo, I took my time with every kill and I think its meant to be played like this, hoping for ZombiU 2.

Did this game sell well?

Akira_83

Banned
Finally beat ZombiU this weekend! stayed up till midnight saturday to do it (which is REALLY late for me) but was worth it

SPOILERS AHEAD!!!

What the FUCK where they thinking with the Arena part? total BS. I had gotten to that point using only 7 survivors which i thought was impressive based on what i had hear other users report, but ended the game having used 13 survivors, a total of 13 hours playtime

those 6 were lost to the arena because the game is clearly built around trying to avoid combat when possible and large crowds of zombies, but in the arena your forced to face them. I guess it was a change up but not a wanted one... i was enjoying zombiU because combat was not central.

And it just felt so cliche. Prepper warned us it might be a trap and oh look it was.

Got the apparent good ending. I retrevied the panacea from the computer and made it back to safehouse, then to chopper without dying after credits.

I must say that last scene in the safehouse was INTENSE. Dude was getting all angry on the radio and i thought for SURE he was either going to pop up out of nowhere and kill me or unleash some horde of zombies. Was surprised to walk away from that!

then the reveal he was right next door the whole time! wow

My favorite part of the game though? when you lost a survivor who was LOADED and you couldnt afford to lose your shit. Had to be SO careful getting back there it was really intense where almost your entire save game hung in the balance. thats just normal. I dont have it in my to play survivor mode right now, but will return to this game someday

Kevtones

I stepped away for Zombiu for some unexplainable reason until last night and I played the The Nursery with headphones.

That was legitimately tense and scary and I haven't felt tha from a game in years.

Love it.

JoV

My refusal to play this game in anything other than survival mode is taking a toll. Keep getting jumped and losing all my progression. But I refuse to play it on normal because the suspense on survivor is just something else. One wrong step, one miss-timed swing and all your hard work is done.

Loving it!

And word on when that patch is due, or what it might change?

andthebeatgoeson

My refusal to play this game in anything other than survival mode is taking a toll. Keep getting jumped and losing all my progression. But I refuse to play it on normal because the suspense on survivor is just something else. One wrong step, one miss-timed swing and all your hard work is done.

Loving it!

And word on when that patch is due, or what it might change?

See, I was the opposite. I couldn't bear the idea of losing stuff. Now, I'm all into it. The intensity is out of this world and they should be commended. Now, I'm doing survivor runs. Got really far last week and died to a red zombie because of one missed swing of the bat. I even had a virucide yet, the game never gave me the option. I wonder if it gets harder as you go thru survivor longer.

Has anybody sidetracked thru the sewers the first time to Buckingham palace and come out into the water? Could you get
the C4 early?
Might try that one time. Might mean less back tracking.

On anything more than chicken, shoot the red zombies. And find the
silenced pistol. Silence is golden.

Weird to hear peoples negative reactions to
the arena
. I managed to survive it and it was one of my favorite moments in the game. Plus Prepper pretty much says
travel light so I figured I'd lose my equipment beforehand.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
So I beat the game last night and overall liked it but there were a couple things that lessened my experience.

The Arena. Fuck that place. Hard for the sake of being hard. Didn't fit the game design at all. Not fun at all.

The story. There basically was none. Add in a compelling story and this could've been a whole lot more engaging.

One glitch really got me, but I understand that it was really specific. I was at the part where you have to walk on wood planks above zombies in the water. I had a guy full of the best weapons and gear and I opened my backpack. When I closed out of the backpack, I glitches and fell into the water and died. Couldn't fight off the zombies down there when I respawned due to the quantity so I died again and lost all my gear due to a dumb glitch.

At the same time, the game did amazing things. The atmosphere was ace. I always felt tense. Few cheap scares made it great

The final sequence getting to the tower was fantastic, though. Loved the whole thing. Tense, action packed, and filled with consequence.

If you're looking to play something on Wii U, definitely grab this. If you love old school survival horror, you'll love this game. I had no problem with any of the shooting or controls. Loved the Gamepad use.

All in all I give it about an 8.2/10. Fixed glitches and more storyline could've pushed it to a 9. Definitely glad I played it. Probably the best game on Wii U.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
GF got the nursery bug (
basement door just won't open
). Is there any way to get past that point, or does she have to wait for this patch?

Top Bottom