• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zone of the Enders HD out in the autumn

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Yeah I heard it wasn't good so went straight to ZOE2. Still gave it a shot a while later and found it to be very boring, didn't bother finishing.

Everyone should finish ZOE just to experience the incredible blueballing the rest of us got back then.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Looking forward to seeing more of the port quality before then

but yeah I'll probably pick this up. Not much else I'm looking forward to in that release window

Any guesses as to what the Premium Package for this game will have? I think they had some sort of bas relief-type plaque for the first 2 games, wonder if they'll try something like that?

Well the MGS HD Edition Premium Packages both had CDs, and either had an action figure or an amazing artbook. I'll take another badass hardcover artbook, personally.

I hope there is more to this than just HD, already have ZOE2.

I'm still going to buy it just to play ZOE2 without the slowdown, shit will be glorious.

Oppo

I really liked ZoE 1.

And I NEVER EVER managed to find a copy of ZoE 2.

So this news is, as the kids say, relevant to my interests.

Alrix

I was always interested in ZOE, but never got around to playing it. Xenosaga was the same way.

Looking forward to this.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
60fps? I love the game, but no way in hell was it 60 fps most of the time. It frequently drops below way below 30 fps.
Nah, it would frequently drop from 60 fps to 30 fps but it didn't often go below 30.

It definitely had a base framerate of 60 and it held it a decent amount of the time during many parts of the game. I'm hoping they correct this in the HD version and lock it to 60.

ZOE 1, on the other hand, held a perfect 60 fps back on PS2.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
So upon buying this, should I play both ZoE 1 and 2, or just jump into ZoE 2?

The first game is worth playing.

I think the first game is more interesting than the 2nd in regards to collateral damage and civilian casualties being a factor to consider in most stages.

Made it feel like a better gundam game than gundam games to me in that it forced me to think like the actual boy in the robot. Fighting in ways to minimize surrounding damage and luring enemies into more open areas to fight.

The 2nd game addressed alot of the flaws of the first, but I was disappointed to see it almost completely dropped the collateral damage concept as that was what ZoE was to me at the time.

KingK

I never played the games, but I am interested, so I'll get this.

I might just wait until I get a Vita and get that version.

2San

Nah, it would frequently drop from 60 fps to 30 fps but it didn't often go below 30.

It definitely had a base framerate of 60 and it held it a decent amount of the time during many parts of the game. I'm hoping they correct this in the HD version and lock it to 60.

ZOE 1, on the other hand, held a perfect 60 fps back on PS2.
Really? I was pretty young when I played ZoE2 and things like framerate didn't really bother me back then, except with ZOE2. Pretty much anytime you used the multiple laser thingy and destroyed the environment the game went into slowmotion mode. With the multiple flying battleship mission having low framerates the whole mission through(it was the best mission though imo).

ZOE1 was essentially just 1v1's though.

Jigsaw

Banned
Really? I was pretty young when I played ZoE2 and things like framerate didn't really bother me back then, except with ZOE2. Pretty much anytime you used the multiple laser thingy and destroyed the environment the game went into slowmotion mode. With the multiple flying battleship mission having low framerates the whole mission through(it was the best mission though imo).

which version did you play?the original japanese and us versions had framerate problems,but it was improved for the pal version and the rerelease in japan

Cels

Wonder if the versus mode is still in with Online, I mean Peace Walker had online and I can see a 1v1 Z.O.E fight be a lot of fun.

(never tried the mode)

Versus mode never had online in the first place, so I don't know if they'd go to the trouble of doing that. But it should definitely be in there.

2San

which version did you play?the original japanese and us versions had framerate problems,but it was improved for the pal version and the rerelease in japan
Pal version. It was mostly slow motion that bothered me not necessarily a low FPS. Was the slow motion a way to keep the FPS high when the engine couldn't handle it?

Llyranor

I was able to play a little of ZoE2 at a friend's earlier this year (that 'horde' mode, whatever it's called). It was a revelation. Awesome awesome gameplay, really fast-paced, totally enjoyable. I can say this is one of my most anticipated games this year.

Jubern

Been a huge fan of ZOE2 since it's initial European release. I played ZOE before it but can't go back to it anymore.

I'm really, really looking forward to this. Being at last year's TGS Kojima's panel about ZOE reminded me how crazy I could be about this series. Well, me and the hundreds of Japanese folks around me. I'll take anything I get!

Guzim

I haven't played ZOE since it came out. I'm very excited to play it, but I'm more excited to play ZOE2 since I've never played it before.

SOME-MIST

not sure if I should buy this again since I still own my ps2 copies, but the ZOE franchise is one of my favorites....so why not?

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Can't wait, I never got round to picking up ZoE2 when it came out so definitely will either be picking this up at release or put it on my wish list for Christmas and hope someone picks it up.

Though I wish Amazon.co.uk would catch up with listing stuff like Amazon.com.

not sure if I should buy this again since I still own my ps2 copies, but the ZOE franchise is one of my favorites....so why not?

I don't even like ZOE and I'm thinking about getting this.

I wonder if they're going to improve the Mars melee battle's frame rate.

Tu101uk

Aren't both games being remade in the FOX Engine for this?

I loved ZOE1 but never got to play 2nd Runner. They're both gonna look awesome... :3

Hopefully it isn't a completely faithful remake and Konami actually imrpove the framerate issues in ZOE2nd (I watched my friend play them crazy-packed missions, impressive but pushed the PS2 too far methinks)...

Most likely Day 1 for me... :3

O-O~

Top Bottom