• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atredeus

Neo Member
Veritas 1-END

Had to go back and re-read this one. Still one of my favorite manwha. As much as I love Breaker: New Waves, I kinda wish this got a part 2 instead. Gangryong was just a much more interesting protagonist to me. Shioon is just a typical determinator. And the political machinations are much more concrete and understandable in Reunion schools. You know all the players, as opposed to all the random martial arts organizations in the Murim in B:NW. Veritas is a short series, so its main strength lies with its story-driven nature, and not the character development (since it begins in-situ, and only lasts about a year in the timeline anyway). Either way, the rushed ending before it got dropped has me wishing for a proper Part Deaux.

Also, I need to find more grown-up battle series. I need a break from the pre-teen fights and humor in the big 3.

EhoaVash

ok manga gaf help me out, since Kimi no iru machi has ended, I need a new drama/romance/slice of life shit manga to read ..no harem or sports related mangas please.

Currently I'm enjoying reading KOE NO KITACHI

Wagatasuma 69

I hope this is the turning point where he realizes his relationship with Wagatsuma isn't everything and that there's more to life than moping over a girl for a decade.

Then he gets together with Sylvia, someone who isn't boring!

Aizo

Banned
Someone times I wonder if you guys are a glutton for punishment. Everyone who comments on KNIM keeps on saying how much the Manga sucks, yet they can't stop!

I bet you guys will be waiting for anticipation every week for the next chapter of Fuuka.

The never ending cycle of Seo trolling continues lol.

That may be the case for some. For me, I started reading Rage town as a community reading with another group of internet entities. I also made a blood pact with bigkrev to read it
which he failed on, and I will never forgive him
. It's funny to make fun of, and that aspect entertained me, but I only started reading it a few months ago. When I finally caught up, I dropped it. That same week, it was announced that it would finish a month later, so I picked it back up. I have said in previous posts that I will not pick up his next piece
of shit
. I am done with Seo forever. Good series only from now on
because I also dropped Bleach and Naruto a few weeks ago, even though I've been reading them for 10 years. If they finish soon, I'll pick them back up. I can't take the weekly punishment anymore

Finalizer

Ore Monogatari!!

rukruxe.jpg

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I have never encountered an MC as awful as Haruto; an MC that posses not even one single quality in his element that makes me want to support or sympathize with him.

Well, the GE's MC and *especially* Nisekoi's MC are up there, but still even they still cannot see the leg of Haruto which is basically so high he is on a class of his own.

I have never encountered an MC as awful as Haruto; an MC that posses not even one single quality in his element that makes me want to support or sympathize with him.

Well, the GE's MC and *especially* Nisekoi's MC are up there, but still even they still cannot see the leg of Haruto which is basically so high he is on a class of his own.

Hmmmm, what romance/drama/comedy mangas have great MCs?

I think my favorite from those genres so far are Keitaro Urashima (Love Hina) and Hitoshi Aoshima (Wagatsuma-san is My Wife).

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

I think my favorite from those genres so far are Keitaro Urashima (Love Hina) and Hitoshi Aoshima (Wagatsuma-san is My Wife).

The dude from Ai Kora fucking killed me. He was a total fucking pervert, on a level we don't see much, but he was A TRUE BRO.

Keitaro's biggest issue was he lost what made him, well, him and became little more then a clone of Seta. Nigi springfield was much better over all, save for the ultra rushed ending.

I'm personally a Fan of the leads from Mohoromatic and Rosario+Vampie myself. Both grew quite nicely as characters.

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
RRR v1

This is quite good so far, Rikitaro may not a radiant hero but his heart is in the right place and his determination is admirable... once he has made up mind.

Thanks for posting this. I love boxing (and martial-arts in general) manga and this hits the spot. It's like a mix between Ippo, K-On and GTO. It also got dark really quick.

Amikami

Banned
Naruto

I like how Madara just spit that out because it was a little heavy but like, who cares. He's going to regret that.

Anyway, the Kabuto theory is thrown out almost completely. I'm really not sure who it can be if Karin can't recognize him. and not getting the Kyuubi halve to Naruto. I swear Kishi is being far from his usual predictable self. I like it. There's actually a bit of suspense.

Khezu

Naruto

Black Zetsu somehow managed to steal the other half of the Kyuubi in like a nano second.

That makes no sense, but at least that means Naruto will be rezzed another way.

Kyne

it's gotta be itachi.

somehow.

edit:
nvm. i forgot that they already did their brotherly dance... so it wouldn't be as climactic as I initially though.
i have no idea who it is.

There was no way Naruto could beat Madara with the 9 tail anyways, but yeah Madara and his flunkies is constantly bsing.

I kind of expected it go wrong.

Mortemis

Banned
Veritas 1-END

Had to go back and re-read this one. Still one of my favorite manwha. As much as I love Breaker: New Waves, I kinda wish this got a part 2 instead. Gangryong was just a much more interesting protagonist to me. Shioon is just a typical determinator. And the political machinations are much more concrete and understandable in Reunion schools. You know all the players, as opposed to all the random martial arts organizations in the Murim in B:NW. Veritas is a short series, so its main strength lies with its story-driven nature, and not the character development (since it begins in-situ, and only lasts about a year in the timeline anyway). Either way, the rushed ending before it got dropped has me wishing for a proper Part Deaux.

Also, I need to find more grown-up battle series. I need a break from the pre-teen fights and humor in the big 3.

Ugh, Veritas. The manhwa that I forced myself to hate so that I didn't need to remember that it's unfinished. I loved it more than the breaker, but since it's an incomplete work it pisses me off. D:

If you're gonna mention an Akamatsu work, you might as well mention Negi. Negima was a harem/ecchi manga first anyways.

Amikami

Banned
Just remembered that Kinkaku and Ginkaku, two very convenient sources of Kyuubi chakra are sealed in that barrel Madara carelessly dropped. And that barrel fell on Gai's team, and Gai's team is heading in Naruto's direction.

Okay. Kishi might still be obvious as hell.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Just remembered that Kinkaku and Ginkaku, two very convenient sources of Kyuubi chakra are sealed in that barrel Madara carelessly dropped. And that barrel fell on Gai's team, and Gai's team is heading in Naruto's direction.

Oh hell, screw that shit. Kakashi's got that revival move. If he doesn't use it then it'll be like that bullshit in SAO.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16

Stupid. It's like he's deliberately padding for time.

Heysoos

Which is why black Zetsu stealing the other half isn't creating any tension. Madara is getting more OP, but who cares. I'm actually more interested in what's going on at Sasuke's area.

I don't know why, but I've gone from looking forward to/enjoying Naruto every week, to rolling my eyes and being slightly frustrated every time I finish reading a new chapter. I think the fight with Obito just completely wore me out. I mean I still enjoy it, but it's just not the same anymore. This feels like it's just dragging on for the sake of it.

Kyne

Naruto-shocked.gif

Amikami

Banned
Oh hell, screw that shit. Kakashi's got that revival move. If he doesn't use it then it'll be like that bullshit in SAO.

...And that's a lot of bullshit. Seriously speaking though, I'm rooting with you for a Kakashi save even though I like Kakashi, because the other would be to obvious and convenient.

Stupid. It's like he's deliberately padding for time.

It would be great if we needed more hype for Madara but the guys got it all...although I think he just sealed his fate by dropping the tools. Pretty stupid move.

Which is why black Zetsu stealing the other half isn't creating any tension. Madara is getting more OP, but who cares. I'm actually more interested in what's going on at Sasuke's area.

I don't know why, but I've gone from looking forward to/enjoying Naruto every week, to rolling my eyes and being slightly frustrated every time I finish reading a new chapter. I think the fight with Obito just completely wore me out. I mean I still enjoy it, but it's just not the same anymore. This feels like it's just dragging on for the sake of it.

I agree. I was completely wondering what the hell they were going to do about Naruto, but now, all tension is gone. I want to know more what's going on with Sasuke as well.

Well,...yeah. Let's hope not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom