• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Muratone would be the best manga duo ever, if Murata would release chapters regularly.
Look at this :
zvmNVfS.png

Also, Dragons Rioting is awesome. It's kind of self-aware and poking fun at the lone guy in an all-girl school trope.

Dragons Rioting.

There were quite a few people posting from the latest chapter from what I recalled.

It's not a bad series, but i've no idea how much longer the 'girls, must avoid!' thing can last before they just run out of ideas. I mean, how does one have a fighting manga when one of the characters can never really fight.

Quixzlizx

It's not a bad series, but i've no idea how much longer the 'girls, must avoid!' thing can last before they just run out of ideas. I mean, how does one have a fighting manga when one of the characters can never really fight.

It's more of a comedy than a fighting manga. When he uses these badass level 10000000 secret techniques to hide/run away, I laugh every time.

bigkrev

Oh, people have also read Ore ga Ojou sama Gakkou ni "Shomin Sample" Toshite Rachirareta as well.

The volume covers are pretty lewd.

hmmmm

Kagurazaka Kimito is chosen for this dubious honor, mostly because he seems utterly average. However, the school leaders also seem to have concluded he's a homosexual with a muscle fetish. When Kimito hears that the alternative may be castration (to protect the girls' purity), he eagerly plays along with this misconception. Now he'll just have to survive the attention of many high class young ladies that are completely out of touch with the world!

Well, guess I have to start reading this

Assassination Classroom 76
So if your career in Assassination turns south, you can always go to a festival to use your skills for some sort of profit

Akito

RRR v2-10 (end)
So damn good, I stayed up really late last night to read up to volume 7 and and I finished the rest just now, great boxing manga which did pretty much everything right, great pacing, intersting characters and really good art. The boxing part was not too complicated so that non boxing enthusiasts like myself can easily enjoy it, not to say that it was only a plot device, not by a long shot actually. There were plenty of powerful and manly moments, during and outside of the matches. If you have to fault this manga for something, then that the story seemed rushed in the second half and the ending a little too optimistic. Still, it was an excellent read and it almost got me to pick up Hajime no Ippo, almost. Ah well, just s little more until Ashita no Joe is complete.

SlZhDw6.png

D-Frag! 27-29

So Dandy.

Little sister really has good chemistry with Water and Takao.

Although, the latter relationship does remind me of Sena and how Kobato is scared of her.

Can always introduce more guys like glasses, whom he'll probably fight, and he has recently fought with Kyouka, so that part of him improved somewhat.

I do agree that the comedy/references is the main draw of the manga.

Besides the obvious fanservice.

Vito

Banned
Nobunaga no Chef 61

I like how it's not just some cooking battles/challenges but there's actual warfare as well. Pretty sure if I weren't so bad at keeping track of names and was more familiar with Japanese history I'd get more details, but so far there's always enough context to follow it.

With 7 volumes done and raws for 8 available, I hope we'll eventually catch up, but then the waits between the volumes will suck since I don't think there are any magazine raws for this one.

Conan-san

Birdmen 7

Good chapter as per normal but damn if you can't just count down to the moment Takayama corks it and shit gets real™.

And you just best Tsubame is going to be rendered utterly miserable at some pretty quick juncture.

Heysoos

Girl's the Wilds 124 - guys guys guys they might be fighting again guyssssssssss

Also:
http://i.imgur.com/a921Y85.png?1[IMG][/QUOTE]

I'm just glad they actually added more guys instead of just girls that look like guys when they first appeared.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Yandere Kanojo 56
I don't really like the stuco president, but this chapter made me respect him more. All this plot, I don't know what to do with myself D:

Yado

Birdmen

Liked this chapter, the banter between Karasuma and Kamoda are the best bits. I hope the female character doesn't get left behind.

With the helmet on they remind me of G-Force.

Vito

Banned
Until Death Do Us Part 153-165

I was all feeling good having caught up then I realized the current raw chapter is 182, I should check them out, more background about Mamoru is always interesting. I should probably read the other mangas about Jesus and Aegis as well. Anyways the latest cover from end of January is pretty cool

Also where is my Boku Girl chapter 8 translation.. or 7... thing seem be heading in an even more hectic direction.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Sakurasaku Shoukougun 11
Wait I don't get it, why did she quit all of a sudden.

edit: whoa shit's going to be going down soon.
a love rival appears chapter 13 :O

klee123

Rage Town
iwNPbsFuejqYk.gif

This isn't the ending I was hoping for. A happy ending for Haruto is a sad ending for me.
I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand, the chapter was terrible. Even more terrible than usual because of how rushed it feels. On the other hand, it's over foreevvveeerrrr! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Sometimes I wonder if you guys are a glutton for punishment. Everyone who comments on KNIM keeps on saying how much the Manga sucks, yet they can't stop!

I bet you guys will be waiting in anticipation every week for the next chapter of Fuuka.

The never ending cycle of Seo trolling continues lol.

Quasar

Someone times I wonder if you guys are a glutton for punishment. Everyone who comments on KNIM keeps on saying how much the Manga sucks, yet they can't stop!

I bet you guys will be waiting for anticipation every week for the next chapter of Fuuka.

The never ending cycle of Seo trolling continues lol.

Well I like his stuff...Though I mostly come from liking the animes based on his work.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Mozaik Role 1-2
Based on a Vocaloid song, apparently (I guess this is the new "in" thing). The art's good (the color pages and dream pages are great), but the plot is kind of disjointed. I'm waiting for the twist to be that her boyfriend was a doppelganger all along, and I can't wait 'til we ditch the school scenes and get to the action. It has like a psycho-pop vibe.

Ana no Mujina
This oneshot was just all over the place, was kind of a pain to read. Sataki was weirdly bipolar, the heroine was bland, the hacker was annoying and weird, but the twist of the cop being Sataki's mentor was kind of neat. It was a waste of 15 minutes though.

Quasar

I do enjoy his work too, but I'm just pointing out the people who follow his works, but express their weekly "rage". I just find it hilarious.

I just find it baffling. Theres so much media out there worth consuming so why are people wasting their time reading/watching stuff they dont like. The whole hatchwatch thing is baffling to me.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
KaRMkhm.jpg

Harukoma
Cool. Has all the markings of pretension, but never actually crosses over into that. The first page was really compelling and sudden. You have to feel for the girl, she can't even trust the good natured villagers because of her upbringing.

Quasar

Some people enjoy complaining about things more than anything else.

I understand that conceptually. I just don't really get the entertainment value of doing that week after week. It just reminds me of all those comics fans I knew who kept buying and reading say xmen even though they hated it so venomously. Just because they were completists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom