• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
A Link to the Snitch said:
No, I think that dreaming of a little girl is a bigger question than dreaming of a guy.

You are trying to apply reality to a joke collection of girls (and Snake).

Link Man

Banned
etc01_080307_068-l.jpg

A witch!

Jiggy

The Tingle picture makes me really wish LttP Zelda had been in as an alternate costume. Get with it, Nintendo! SSBB Deluxe Edition, November 2009. :D

Jiggy37 said:
The Tingle picture makes me really wish LttP Zelda had been in as an alternate costume. Get with it, Nintendo! SSBB Deluxe Edition, November 2009. :D

AFAIC, that screenshot simply means everyone in that screenshot will be in SSB4.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Ice Climbers are so awesome! (both in character and in gameplay concept) I still can't believe anyone hates them :eek:

look at how fuzzy they are!!!

Jiggy

I don't hate Blaze.

Separate note:
etc01_080307_101-l.jpg

Even though Sakurai isn't considering this a shot of a secret character, I count it for Luigi. >_>

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
She's got some crazy ass shoes...

so does Knuckles actually. They're almost as big as his ginormous head!

Sciz

Between this update and the screenshot topic, I am now convinced that a screenshot mode should be a standard feature in games.

edit:
CreatureX3 said:
I see Sega's been hard at work on the boxart for their next Sonic game.

Jiggy

-Snapshots Galore is the 42nd game mode update, and perhaps a fitting end to what will be the last Dojo visit for some of you even though the Dojo is still continuing for some time yet. Farewell, if you're one of these people. See you in Smash Bros. itself, or something! (non-spoiler)
Well, that and for the Smash Bros. Royale Dojo Thread in 2015.

-No, I'm not creating a new category of update types even though they did tonight. :p This is just filed under "game mode," much like I've been filing Wi-Fi under that as well.

-Describing the change in screenshots with words might not be sufficient, so let's just do this by numbers. Lifetime totals...

Falco: 11
Squirtle: 12 (from 11)
Ivysaur: 13 (from 11)
Ness: 13
R.O.B.: 14
Captain Falcon: 15
Sheik: 16 (no fan screenshots!)
Marth: 20
Charizard: 23 (from 22)
Luigi: 24 (up from 23)
Pokemon Trainer (trainer only): 26 (no fan screenshots!)
Ice Climbers: 41 (from 39)
Sonic: 44 (from 38)
Pikmin & Olimar: 46 (from 36)
Bowser: 57 (from 54)
Lucas: 58 (from 55)
Zelda: 59 (from 51)
Zero Suit Samus: 62 (from 59)
Peach: 66 (from 53 [!])
Snake: 68 (from 49 [!!!])
Ike: 71 (from 65)
Meta Knight: 73 (from 71)
Pokemon Trainer: 73 (from 69)
Diddy Kong: 77 (from 71)
Pikachu: 82 (from 75)
Fox: 83 (no fan screenshots!)
King Dedede: 84 (from 82)
Donkey Kong: 89 (from 83; "Had I but known the kingdom would thus strongly and so hastily choose me, never would I have thought Fox a worthy rival")
Yoshi: 90 (from 88)
Samus: 97 (from 96)
Pit: 98 (from 96)
Link: 104 (from 99)
Wario: 118 (from 115)
Kirby: 161 (from 151)
Mario: 230 (from 227)

Jiggy

Oh, I would like to say that I never figured out who was in "One With Nature," so nothing was counted for that picture. And I can't figure out whether "Aaaaa!" is Diddy or Donkey, either.

Fenix

Jiggy37 said:
Oh, I would like to say that I never figured out who was in "One With Nature," so nothing was counted for that picture. And I can't figure out whether "Aaaaa!" is Diddy or Donkey, either.

I told you it was Ivysaur right under your post :(

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Jiggy37 said:

"One With Nature" is Ivysaur. "Aaaaa!" is Diddy, you can look at his character portrait and see the matching thumbs, and his tail is partly shown.

Jiggy

Fenix said:
I told you it was Ivysaur right under your post :(
Oh, sorry. >_> Your post was actually so soon after mine that I thought it was a response to someone else.

Papercuts said:
"Aaaaa!" is Diddy, you can look at his character portrait and see the matching thumbs, and his tail is partly shown.
Ah, that's what that is. Alright then, editing.

Ydahs

*looks at topic title*

Everyone always forgets about the Australians!

Awesome update. Never knew it was the last update :(

scottnak

Ydahs said:
*looks at topic title*

Everyone always forgets about the Australians!

Awesome update. Never knew it was the last update :(
just the last update before the US release!
Not the last last update!

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Well I guess I'm confined to posting in here until the game decides to show its bastard face up in this backwater country of mine.

At least these screenshots are awesome... which doesn't help because it makes me WANT THE GAME MORE!

Incidentally when the site stops posting will this topic be immediately locked or simply die off? It'll be a sad thing either way...

Neomoto

This last week the screenshot mode became totally fuckawesome and immediatly put on my radar on things I must try asap when I have the game.

TJ Spyke

Pretty lame update considering this is the final update before the US release. I personally have zero interest in the snapshot feature of the game.

Some of the pictures are pretty nice, but there are still some secret characters left and I wanted one of them to be unveiled.

Since the big GameStop tournament is tomorrow, who is a good choice to pick? I'm not used to playing 1 on 1 matches (too boring) and no items. So who would be a good pick? Only the starting characters will be playable, so no spoilers to worry about.

This is a great way to celebrate the release of Brawl, imo. Lots of fun screenshots... makes me want to spend all my time taking screenshots when I get the game and loading them into the GAF Brawl Screenshots thread.

LouieGeetoo said:
Just because you were alive then doesn't mean you know what actually went on. Read his post.
Except I do. I wasn't a toddler or in diapers. I know my Nintendo history. I even worked for the company once. Just because I don't think ROB is a good choice for a playable character doesn't mean I'm ignorant to his history or I don't want him in the game. I said specifically as a playable character I thought it was dumb and others gave plenty reasons for me to give him a shot. That fucker on the other hand decided to be a know-it-all and treat me an the other poster as idiots without a clue. Just because someone doesn't like something, doesn't mean they aren't aware of it or even the history behind it. BTW, I was born in the 70s. When were you and that dumbfuck with the useless article born? Isn't it awesome how the anonymity of the internet can mask the truth and it's best for people NOT to assume they know what's going on in the lives of other people they don't even know?

I'm not reading shit. If I wanted a lecture on "Gyro" (as I've always called him) past, I'd have asked for one.

VeritasVierge said:
Except I do. I wasn't a toddler or in diapers. I know my Nintendo history. I even worked for the company once. Just because I don't think ROB is a good choice for a playable character doesn't mean I'm ignorant to his history or I don't want him in the game. I said specifically as a playable character I thought it was dumb and others gave plenty reasons for me to give him a shot. That fucker on the other hand decided to be a know-it-all and treat me an the other poster as idiots without a clue. Just because someone doesn't like something, doesn't mean they aren't aware of it or even the history behind it. BTW, I was born in the 70s. When were you and that dumbfuck with the useless article born? Isn't it awesome how the anonymity of the internet can mask the truth and it's best for people NOT to assume they know what's going on in the lives of other people they don't even know?

I'm not reading shit. If I wanted a lecture on "Gyro" (as I've always called him) past, I'd have asked for one.
I didn't mean to upset you, so I apologize for that. It just seemed like you were dismissing R.O.B. for no good reason. Looking more closely at your post history, it looks like your reason for the discontent was that R.O.B. may have made it in over "better" choices like K. Rool - which is, of course, a matter of opinion in any case.

So let's just say I appreciate your knowledge of Nintendo's history and respectfully disagree with your opinion of R.O.B. and leave it that, eh?

LouieGeetoo said:
I didn't mean to upset you, so I apologize for that. It just seemed like you were dismissing R.O.B. for no good reason. Looking more closely at your post history, it looks like your reason for the discontent was that R.O.B. may have made it in over "better" choices like K. Rool - which is, of course, a matter of opinion in any case.

So let's just say I appreciate your knowledge of Nintendo's history and respectfully disagree with your opinion of R.O.B. and leave it that, eh?
Cool. Just don't stick up for people that assume things like that other poster did. Besides I already said I'd give R.O.B. a shot and so far his move sets (as seen on Nico and Youtube) are pretty good.

EDIT: Also, there will always be "better choices". Look at the Robin/Isaac assist trophy. Can't help but wish he was playable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom