• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottnak

Christopher said:
dumb question but where is "coin battles" and how do you access them? I see them on the challenge list - and I just can't seem to find them.

Also how the hell am I gonna do the 5 kills in cruel mode, lol it's insane.
Click the top in the brawl screen, (where it says "3 minute brawl" or "3 stock brawl" or whatever) and then on the scroller for the timed/stock there should be a "coin" option. That's what you want.

Jiggy

Iam Canadian said:
And, like Cheezy said, since it's going to be the end of the thread, length isn't really an issue. Although I do think that we should avoid quoting an excessive amount, just to keep from going totally overboard on the length.
Well, it's not just the length, but also that quoting more could generally mean less quality overall. I don't know.

Anyway, if people want to see the full quotes, I think maybe we could at least come to some consensus on what "types" of posts we should let in. For example, my vote would be:

Photoshops: Yes
Most other picture posts: Yes
Funny posts: Yes
Accurate predictions: No
Inaccurate predictions: No
Link to a page of reactions after a megaton: Yes
Ban bets: No
Meltdowns from notable posters: Yes
Statistics: Yes (>_>)
Random philosophical stuff: Yes

Can't think of what other types we might have.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm big on funny stuff, breakdowns, really accurate predictions, really inaccurate predictions, and ban bets. Ban bets are always funny.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Photoshops are worth quoting if they're funny.

Other pictures are good if they're informative or interesting (such as the picture that compares the character models of the original, Melee, and Brawl.)

Funny posts are absolutely worth quoting.

Accurate predictions are only good if they're really prescient predictions. Like, that guy who predicted the Dragoon levels of prescient.

Inaccurate predictions are only worthwhile if they're so wrong or so firmly stated to be true that it's funny. For instance, a quote in my first section has SantaC saying that people who say Sonic is in the game are deluding themselves. I thought that was so wrong, it was funny.

Reactions to a megaton...well, some of them can be amusing (the Stage Builder, Sonic, even Olimar), but we shouldn't go overboard.

Ban bets are only worth posting if they actually went somewhere.

Meltdowns are always fun to watch.

Sorry Jiggy, I'm a huge fan, but even I don't think that every one of your stats posts deserves to be quoted. :p Still, notably good ones are definitely worthy. Incidentally, I think my section has the very first Jiggy stats post, though I may be mistaken.

Random philosophical stuff is awesome. Do want.

The only other category I can think of would be debates on random subjects, though I'm sure many of those can go under other headers.

Jiggy

I'm going to link to my statistics posts rather than quoting them. Even though I'm just sticking to the ones with episodic writing, there are way too many of them, and way too much redundant information contained therein, to quote them in full.

Jiggy

A list of all trophies, with some kind of printable checklist feature thing going on. (At least, it looks printable. I haven't tried it yet, though.) This should be helpful.

Iam Canadian

These last couple of updates have been extremely practical. At least we're getting this information in some form, even if Nintendo's not in the Player's Guide business anymore.

At this point, I'm fully expecting the full Subspace enemies update soon.

Jiggy

-The final daily update for Tue-kun brings the 48th game mode.

-T-tan finishes, for now, with 68 total updates; 65 of those were non-stealths, when counting the special moves and final smash of the fated lovers, Ganondorf and Jigglypuff. Similarly, 9 total game mode updates, with 8 of them being non-stealths.

-I've specified "for now" and "final daily update" because, given the Melee site precedent, there's always an off-chance that the Dojo could be updated again several months down the line with some unusual content. We won't be here posting about it, though, but... yeah.

I'm so sad. D:

scottnak

Bye Tue-kun :( First of the goodbyes....

But dang, this'll definitely light me up to figure out what trophies I have left... according to the roommates we havea round 100 to go maybe... team effort!

KevinCow

Banned
Man God said:
How can anyone ever be done with this game?
Easy. I've finished with everything I care about in the single player mode, unlocked the stuff that matters (characters and stages), I don't have anybody to play with regularly offline, and the online is completely broken. Therefore, the game will sit on my shelf until the next time I can get together with my friends, probably three months from now.

It's a shame the online mode is a completely broken pile of shit that was clearly designed and programmed by complete retards, otherwise I'd still be playing it.

{Mike}

Banned
KevinCow said:
Easy. I've finished with everything I care about in the single player mode, unlocked the stuff that matters (characters and stages), I don't have anybody to play with regularly offline, and the online is completely broken. Therefore, the game will sit on my shelf until the next time I can get together with my friends, probably three months from now.

It's a shame the online mode is a completely broken pile of shit that was clearly designed and programmed by complete retards, otherwise I'd still be playing it.

...wat

Jiggy

You know, I told myself I wouldn't cry as the Dojo closed down, but saying this is the last update for Tue-kun came pretty close to getting to me. :/ By the end of the week I could be a mess.

Actually, I didn't tell myself anything like that. I don't mind if I cry or not.

truendo

I agree. I miss when we found out some new technique or a character or something and we all went like crazy! Now it's just a big list of stuff. (and to think... Nate had to translate that whole thing >_<)

KevinCow said:

You guys can question him all you want, but he is correct except for the Friend mode. The friends online is addictive, and I rarely stop playing it. But the "with anyone" mode is stupid as fuck because the lag is impossible to deal with OR you can't even connect in the first place. And spectator mode is silly because no one knows you are betting on them etc.

Rindain said:
Wednesday: All Stickers
Thursday: Snapshots Galore!, Part 2
Friday: Tabuu
Monday: DLC Megaton
Soundds good to me! :D

TheKingsCrown said:
And spectator mode is silly because no one knows you are betting on them etc.
Betting in spectator mode is one of the most addicting options in Brawl! :D

Firestorm

TheKingsCrown said:
You guys can question him all you want, but he is correct except for the Friend mode. The friends online is addictive, and I rarely stop playing it. But the "with anyone" mode is stupid as fuck because the lag is impossible to deal with OR you can't even connect in the first place. And spectator mode is silly because no one knows you are betting on them etc.

Who cares about With Anyone. I knew it'd suck and be broken. I am disappointed in With Friends' latency issues. Thankfully, I still go to university so I have plenty of chances to play offline. There's also always tournaments and smashfests to attend in the area.

Although I think KevinCow's last straw had to do with Wolf or something. That's what I got from his crazy IRC meltdown.

Iam Canadian

If anything, I would have expected KevinCow's last straw to have something to do with Ike.

Also, I'm not going to cry at the passing of the Dojo. Though it will indeed be a sad occasion. Still, the community lives on in the actual game. :D

Rindain said:
Friday: Tabuu

You know, reading this and then "Tue-kun", I thought for a split second that people were calling Tabuu "Tabuu-kun". Which is just wrong, because Tabuu is a massive jerk and I hate him.

You're right, though, he probably will get his own update. Maybe even paired with my predicted Subspace enemies update.

That's the best news I've heard all day. :lol

And I really love the Brawl main theme, especially after reading what the lyrics meant. So most of the times when I watch one of those "What's it sound like vids," I just end up mildly annoyed, but those were funny. :lol

Jiggy

Wendy-san finishes up her daily routine with the fourth game mode update in a row, bringing us to 49 of those. In her lifetime to date, we can say that she had 60 total updates, with only two being stealths: Replays and Team Battle. 11 of those 60 (counting the stealths) were game mode updates, enough for an easy second place in game modes, behind Monday's 13. For total updates overall Tue-kun and Fri-chan each had more; Thursy and Monday had fewer. (More detailed stats on overall comparisons of one weekday girl to another to come right as the thread's closing.) The Dojo being on its last legs is really starting to to get to me. D:

scottnak

Jiggy37 said:
Wendy-san finishes up her daily routine with the fourth game mode update in a row, bringing us to 49 of those. In her lifetime to date, we can say that she had 60 total updates, with only two being stealths: Replays and Team Battle. 11 of those 60 (counting the stealths) were game mode updates, enough for an easy second place in game modes, behind Monday's 13. For total updates overall Tue-kun and Fri-chan each had more; Thursy and Monday had fewer. (More detailed stats on overall comparisons of one weekday girl to another to come right as the thread's closing.) The Dojo being on its last legs is really starting to to get to me. D:
Wendy's gooone. Only 3 left... What could be left in store with us...
I know we have another screenshot bonanza coming... Ultimate boss update... but whta could be the one inbetween (Probably tomorrows?)

Iam Canadian

scottnak said:
Wendy's gooone. Only 3 left... What could be left in store with us...
I know we have another screenshot bonanza coming... Ultimate boss update... but whta could be the one inbetween (Probably tomorrows?)

I think we already got our "ultimate boss" update. All that's left is Tabuu and I have a feeling that he'll be the very last update.

I am expecting our complete Subspace enemies guide, though. And we know we have another round of screenshots coming.

Late update..>MEGATON?? DLC CONFIRMED???

Anything possible with Sakurai's tricks :lol

But it probally wont happen...well here we go...the final 3 updates! :( :( :( :( :(

EDIT In seriousness whats left to update? Besides the final update whats leftr? I cant think of anything else!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom