• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottnak

Oooh yes. Channel would be awesome

You wouldn't suppose Sakurai is delaying this on purpose...
"Brings back memories, doesn't it? This is a moment you wont feel for quite a long time if ever, Cherish it!"

f5ing.gif

Jiggy

scottnak said:
Oooh yes. Channel would be awesome

You wouldn't suppose Sakurai is delaying this on purpose...
"Brings back memories, doesn't it? This is a moment you wont feel for quite a long time if ever, Cherish it!"
That would be just like him. D:

MrCheez said:
Oh man I miss the old days where late update = HYPEHYPEHYPE :lol
I agree :p

Come on Sakurai....dlc is possible...come on.....channel is possible...come on.....pc stage editor with custom music is possible...come on...ITS ALL POSSIBLE.

/hyped

Lol i have this almost nostalgic feeling waiting for the update. Its like remembering something from childhood. The last great Japan Time was so long ago. :lol

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
I remember that sometimes I would look forward to the Dojo update all night, so that when it was close to midnight I would want to cherish the moment and not waste it. So I'd load up the dojo and before looking at the update I'd make the window half it's usual size and pull it to the bottom of the screen... then I'd SLOOOOOWLY scroll down until I could only see the very top of the new update banner and try to guess what it was before actually seeing the entire thing. (First thing I would usually notice is the color of the update (denoting it's type) and the top of a franchise icon.)

99% of the time at this point I'd be too excited and say "fuck it" and just instantly scroll down to see the entire thing.

Yeah so... there was something wrong with me, back in the pre-Brawl release days :lol (not to mention the nights where I'd load up every single language page of the dojo in different tabs, and switch between all of them quickly F5ing to see which would update first! But at least with that I know I'm not the only person to do it :lol )

Firestorm

SAKURAIIIIII

Seriously not the best day to pull this ;_;

oh snap:

Code:
Jiggy37   	3,265
Iam Canadian 	1,924
Firestorm 	1,495
Zeed 	1,494
ShockingAlberto 	1,411

MrCheez

Firestorm said:
oh snap:

Code:
Jiggy37   	3,265
Iam Canadian 	1,924
Firestorm 	1,495
Zeed 	1,494
ShockingAlberto 	1,411

Damn I was hoping I'd be higher in the late days of the Dojo thread :p At least I broke the top ten!

Jiggy37 3,265
Iam Canadian 1,924
Firestorm 1,495
Zeed 1,494
ShockingAlberto 1,411
SuperAngelo64 1,068
CreatureX3 941
Haunted One 818
MrCheez 779
grandjedi6 768

Jiggy.. your post count... ... ....... *bows*

Jiggy

As of this post, I am now responsible for creating 65.32 of this thread's pages, on the default 50 posts per page view. <_<

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
For such a long wait this better be good. I hope something exciting something no one thought of. :lol probably just a pipedream

MrCheez said:
If this thread was a book... just think how large it would be.

*mindblown*
And just think how many plot twists there would be. Not to mention the amazing character development. Sakurai, Jiggy and so many more. The most amazing characters I've ever read!

Fenix

MThanded said:
For such a long wait this better be good. I hope something exciting something no one thought of. :lol probably just a pipedream

Piplup 2: Electric Boogaloo

I think this joke was made months ago

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
LOL did they forget today or something? I would have been asleep but every night that I am up near 3 oclock i stay up to wait for a megaton. Tonight they are pushing it though.

scottnak

MrCheez said:

*mindblown*
Well. It's settled. It's time to start making a hardcopy version of this thread.
Now we need to figure out how to transfer gifs onto paper

Fenix

Well, yeah, but playing as Piplup would actually be exciting.

I think.

Edit: Jiggy, what's the longest we've had to wait for an update?

scottnak

Jonnyboy117 said:
Is this the longest thread in GAF history?

Also, it feels weird waiting for a late Dojo update. I'm not even sure why I still check it.
By Far...

And I think the longest we had to wait was a little over 3 hours?

Jiggy

MrCheez said:

*mindblown*
Assuming that the 62,613 posts as of this writing averaged to ten words each, we'd have 626,130 words. As someone with a degree in creative writing, I generally manage to get around 8,500 words into 25 double-spaced pages, or 12.5 single-spaced pages, using Word with one-inch margins all around. There are ~73.66 units of 8,500 words to be found in 626,130 words. So, multiplying it out, the book would be roughly 920.78 single-spaced pages--in Word. Most paperback books won't fit nearly as many words on a single page as Word will; the double-spaced comparison is probably closer to being fully appropriate. So basically we might estimate that it would be about 1841.56 pages.

Again, all founded on the assumption that the posts averaged ten words in length. >_> I'm inclined to think that's a low estimate, but maybe that's because my own posts are fairly wordy. <_<

TheGreatDave said:
If Sonic's got the Olympics game with Mario, just leave it at that. I don't know why, but Sonic being in Smash Bros. simply offends me.

MetatronM said:
ONLINE CONFIRMED

MEGATON

MindCollizion said:
HOLY SHIT WHAT!? i didnt get the news about Sonic form the other thread and now its HERE HES HERE HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT OMYGAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Does Brawl deliver or does ****ing Brawl deliver!?

Such sweet memorys (Even tho I wasnt regsitered at the time, I still veiwed this thread so much)

Its so sad that all the hype, and all of the specalation is at its end :(

Jiggy

I would buy it.

...Wait, I just had this thought that I didn't at all come up with just because I want to get over ten words in this post. Who owns the copyright to the contents of this thread, and does that person have the ability to publish it? :eek:

MrCheez

Jiggy37 said:
I would buy it.

...Wait, I just had this thought that I didn't at all come up with just because I want to get over ten words in this post. Who owns the copyright to the contents of this thread, and does that person have the ability to publish it? :eek:

:O :lol

I'm not sure if I could stand to read this whole thread again, even in book form. I'd probably wait for the CliffNotes (JiggyNotes?) version!

ie, Jiggy's ultimate ending post quote extravaganza!

Jiggy

I'm so linking to this page in my quote compilation for the ending section of the thread. "The last time we would await a late update: truly a memorable moment. Plus we have fun with math."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom