• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterHero

CreatureX3 said:
The last screenshot is titled 'GoodBye'. ;_;

etc02_080411_108-l.jpg
There's a similar 'Goodbye' picture in the JP section too.
etc02_080411_099-l.jpg

Some of the selections for the Dojo are somewhat poetic, aren't they?

Dreavus

WiiRevolution1 said:
Stupid question but...

http://www.smashbros.com/jp/gamemode/etc/images/etc02/etc02_080411_036-l.jpg[img]

What in teh worlds are these yellow missles? I mean I know they are yellow missles but from what?[/QUOTE]

Looks like the ones Master Hand fires at you.

Dreavus

Iam Canadian said:
This always confuses me...Ness and Lucas can absorb those with PSI Magnet...but not the Advance Wars A.T missiles? D:

What?!

Maybe... maybe they're missiles made of pure creative energy?

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
I'm still amazed at some of the screenshots that got put up in the Japanese update.

We have a thinly-veiled reference to tentacle rape, a Peach panty-shot, Lucas urinating on Yoshi's Island, Toon Link cutting Kirby in half, and the untimely death of Yoshi.

Remarkable.

Jiggy

~Fri-chan, you--you know, I always teased, but secretly I loved you too, just as much as anyone else. ;_; I enjoyed every one of the 62 times you were here... Your 9 characters, 8 moves, 6 FSes, 2 how-tos, 10 game modes, 8 adventures, 8 stages, 2 item-tans, 4 assisties, and 5 musicals... Fare well, Fri-chan. Really well! Don't be a stranger, and bring Thursy or Wendy-san or Tue-kun or Monday too if you come back one day like I think Cherry-san is saying you will... (He did say--and I quote!--"shots like these will never be posted to the Dojo," but, like, if he was never going to put up any more stuff after the daily udpates are over with, he wouldn't need to say that, right? He'd only say they wouldn't be sent out with the Smash Service, right?) Anyway, sayonara!~

Jiggy

I'll post the screenshot count tomorrow, incidentally. I already tallied the American side--just have to do the Japanese one now, along with doing the usual cross-comparisons to say how the rankings shifted. Assuming I do that at all in the first place, that is; I might simply compare how well-liked certain characters seemed to be from the two different regions instead, and save the screenshot hierarchy for the final statistics post, since we're right on the verge of that anyway. We'll see.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
[Nintex] said:
Woah, the japanese ones are alot better but alot more disturbing as well.

etc02_080411_022-l.jpg

WTF?
Child crying, going to dad for support. That's what I make of it anyway :s

All right! I called this one. :D And the pictures are awesome. One more left, and if the last isn't a picture post #3, then it's either wallpapers or the Megaton.

Iam Canadian

A complete character roster wallpaper would definitely be very much appreciated. :D

I guess my predicted Subspace Army update won't come to pass, since it doesn't seem like the kind of update Sakurai would close out the Dojo with. So I'm going to make my final prediction of the thread (;_;) and predict a wallpaper.

It's going to be depressing to see the lock icon next to this thread. :(

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Iam Canadian said:
I guess my predicted Subspace Army update won't come to pass, since it doesn't seem like the kind of update Sakurai would close out the Dojo with. So I'm going to make my final prediction of the thread (;_;) and predict a wallpaper.

Ooooo final predictions... wow... I guess I'll say that in addition to a wallpaper, I expect a new notice with Sakurai saying 'goodbye!' and thanking us for our support and hope that we enjoy the game etc etc

Iam Canadian said:
It's going to be depressing to see the lock icon next to this thread. :(

I don't even want to think about it. T_T Hey sp0rsk, how long after the final update will the thread remain open? The remainder of Monday? Or just till Jiggy puts up the final post wrap-up stuff?

Also... Anyone who hasn't finished their section... get on it and get in touch with Jiggy, dagnabbit! :)

Iam Canadian

truendo said:
Dang! Jiggy predicted this EXACTLY! Come on! Predict the last update now, JIggy (make sure it's something really good)

No offense to Jiggy, but I think we all predicted this one. :p It was going to come either today or Monday, at any rate.

Jiggy

Here are the screenshot counts for each character:

America:
Link: 14 (one was Wolf Link)
Olimar: 10 (one was a blue Pikmin)
Samus: 9
Diddy Kong, Luigi, Wario: 8
Fox, Kirby, Mario: 7
Sonic: 6
Captain Falcon, Toon Link, Yoshi: 5
Ike, Peach, Pit (Pit's arrow alone doesn't count), R.O.B., Snake: 4
Bowser, Ganondorf, King Dedede, Lucas, Wolf, Zelda, Zero Suit Samus: 3
Donkey Kong, Ice Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch: 2
Falco, Sheik: 1
Charizard, Ivysaur, Jigglypuff, Lucario, Marth, Meta Knight, Ness, Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer, Squirtle: 0

Japan:
Snake: 11 (one was a box)
Ganondorf, Kirby: 10
Luigi: 9
Captain Falcon, Wario, Zelda: 7
Peach, R.O.B., Toon Link: 5
Lucas, Mario, Marth, Mr. Game & Watch, Zero Suit Samus: 4
Bowser, Falco, Samus, Sonic, Yoshi: 3
Diddy Kong, Ike, Ivysaur, Jigglypuff, King Dedede, Olimar, Pikachu, Pit, Pokemon Trainer: 2
Charizard, Donkey Kong, Ice Climbers, Link, Lucario, Squirtle, Wolf: 1
Fox, Meta Knight, Ness, Sheik: 0

Combined:
Kirby, Luigi: 17
Link, Snake, Wario: 15
Ganondorf: 13
Captain Falcon, Olimar, Samus: 12
Mario: 11
Diddy Kong, Toon Link, Zelda: 10
Peach, R.O.B., Sonic: 9
Yoshi: 8
Fox, Lucas, Zero Suit Samus: 7
Bowser, Ike, Mr. Game & Watch, Pit: 6
King Dedede: 5
Falco, Marth, Wolf: 4
Donkey Kong, Ice Climbers: 3
Ivysaur, Jigglypuff, Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer: 2
Charizard, Lucario, Sheik, Squirtle: 1
Meta Knight, Ness: 0

Saith DK: "Lo, after ages I hath reached the mark of a hundred and one honors in the kingdom of Dojo! Among all warriors only Yoshi, Fox, Pit, Samus, Link, Wario, Kirby, and Mario hath attained greater rank than I. 'Twould be cause for pride and for boasting, if ever the two couldst serve a gentleman well. But... Ah, I doth lament, verily, how fate may yet and always have her way. For what good is't to have found favor in the eyes of the cherry king--a full eight and ninety of my praises came by his permissions--if among the people I be without name or honor, and so unable to command respect? I canst only consider: mayhap the time of the old guard has passed, or mayhap mine own time. None in this world, I believe, can live on his past reputation or that of his lineage, and of myself more than others it may be that the present and the future hath shifted away from me. If this be true, then, new fighters: lead well, be brave, and stand fast. Recallest eternally, a knight's duty be forever owed not to the self, but the citizenry. All of ye, chosen patriots, fellow lords, I shall trust."

Iam Canadian

What can I even say at this point, Jiggy? Amazing stats.

I lament the lack of Ness, though. D: Seriously, we need more Ness. I DEMAND MORE NESS

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I can't believe that I've been reading this thing daily for almost a year now. I thought that this would be the last update as well, I guess Sakurai has something planned for one last goodbye.

PBalfredo

Some of these Japanese screenshots are really great.

etc02_080411_034-l.jpg

"Oh God! You killed it!" "Whatarewegonnado whatarewegonnado?!"

etc02_080411_042-l.jpg

Dethroned

etc02_080411_014-l.jpg

"I choose you, Mr. Saturn!"

etc02_080411_093-l.jpg

"Look, I know you're back there, alright? Just... just go home. You're embarrassing yourself."

etc02_080411_007-l.jpg

!!!!

Today was the first day that I have visited the Dojo (and this thread) since the JPN release. I wanted as little as possible spoiled for me until I unlocked at least all the characters and I just barely missed that (Wolf spoiled in a test wifi match). Quite proud of myself :D. But now sad to see that the updates and this thread will be ending.

It was awesome following the thread each day when I did.

Jiggy

PM, I guess.

On a sidenote, I think I must have figured out how to break GAF or something, because a portion of my section that I was trying to post as a test literally showed up as a blank post when I tried to preview it, and then again as a blank post when I posted it. D: (This post was blank before I went back to edit it in reply to you.) This... could be a temporary snag. Hopefully it won't cause any issues as I'm posting the sections tomorrow.

Jiggy37 said:
PM, I guess.

On a sidenote, I think I must have figured out how to break GAF or something, because a portion of my section that I was trying to post as a test literally showed up as a blank post when I tried to preview it, and then again as a blank post when I posted it. D: (This post was blank before I went back to edit it in reply to you.) This... could be a temporary snag. Hopefully it won't cause any issues as I'm posting the sections tomorrow.

I saw that. XD On a related not, how big can a PM be? >_<

Jiggy

No idea.

On another note, oh snap. Even scottnak's selection from posts 1-2,500 isn't working, which is definitely going to cause an issue since that obviously is supposed to be the very first thing I put up. D: Time to search and see if anybody else has encountered these problems.

Edit: Looks like it's definitely a character limitation, as they preview just fine if I delete a lot of quotes. In that case, I suppose I'll cut out quotes I'm not particularly fond of, or some of the back-and-forth exchanges that a person could see in full with just a couple clicks anyway (click the link, then click the thread title to show that page starting from that post onward), and leave them in purely as links. However, this does mean that in a few cases there may end up being 10-20-minute delays between posting some of the sections as I decide what to get rid of for the sake of being able to put them up.

Fortunately, most people don't quote as much as the likes of me, scottnak, or Iam Canadian, so only we should be the issue. <_< Unfortunately, each of us took at least two sections, so there ya go. :p

Edit: Just as I say this, crowphoenix's PM arrives and his quotes don't work either. D: Yargh... I should really have tested these posts much earlier, as this is cutting it rather close, but... Somehow, some way, it'll happen. Maybe.

Jiggy37 said:
No idea.

On another note, oh snap. Even scottnak's selection from posts 1-2,500 isn't working, which is definitely going to cause an issue since that obviously is supposed to be the very first thing I put up. D: Time to search and see if anybody else has encountered these problems.

Edit: Looks like it's definitely a character limitation, as they preview just fine if I delete a lot of quotes. In that case, I suppose I'll cut out quotes I'm not particularly fond of, or some of the back-and-forth exchanges that a person could see in full with just a couple clicks anyway (click the link, then click the thread title to show that page starting from that post onward), and leave them in purely as links. However, this does mean that in a few cases there may end up being 10-20-minute delays between posting some of the sections as I decide what to get rid of for the sake of being able to put them up.

Fortunately, most people don't quote as much as the likes of me, scottnak, or Iam Canadian, so only we should be the issue. <_< Unfortunately, each of us took at least two sections, so there ya go. :p

Add me to that list too, Jigs. My section turned out huge, with a lot of quotes. :lol I just did it like I was doing a paper, quote anything and everything. Did the PM go through ok? It's rather large.

Edit: Did it all come through?

Jiggy

Yeah, I got it all. Of course, the really troublesome thing here is that I'm going to be pretty hard-pressed to break yours down any further, since as it is you only put a single direct quote right into your post; there's no fat to trim, so to speak. [Edit: That said, that's neither better nor worse than having loads and loads of fat to trim like scottnak and me. <_<] Might just have to split your section into two posts. We'll see. >_>

Jiggy37 said:
Yeah, I got it all. Of course, the really troublesome thing here is that I'm going to be pretty hard-pressed to break yours down any further, since as it is you only put a single direct quote right into your post; there's no fat to trim, so to speak. [Edit: That said, that's neither better nor worse than having loads and loads of fat to trim like scottnak and me. <_<] Might just have to split your section into two posts. We'll see. >_>

Oh, I have tons of little, Click the link quotes. I wonder if they mess things up as well.

Jiggy

I see those. :p (The quote marks are breaking them, though, but that's a quick Replace to fix.) I mean the posts themselves aren't directly quoted in yours, e.g.
Amir0x said:
where is Ness
Jiggy37 said:
TreIII said:
so about those Ice Climbers
Normally that would be the first thing I'd go after to cut back on size, since the links are still serviceable.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Sorry to hear you're having difficulties, Jiggy... your hard work is very much appreciated though! We're all looking forward to the big moment :)

MrCheez said:
Sorry to hear you're having difficulties, Jiggy... you're hard work is very much appreciated though! We're all looking forward to the big moment :)

Here, here. He deserves to Ike Canadian a few more times for all his hard work.

Monocle

Wow, the thread that influenced me to join GAF is still going strong. I haven't checked the Dojo since Brawl was released in the US. It's barely been a month but already I feel nostalgic. It's strange that things are finally winding down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom