• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Lots of people name their swords"

".... Lots of cunts"

I lost it right there, Arya and The Hound is like the greatest road trip ever. I hope Arya doesn't make good on her promise to stab The Hound in his eye, he's become such a compelling character.

Cyan

Banned
I've been watching this cause my girlfriend wants me to watch it with her since she watches my shows with me. Haha. Anyway, I can't believe I'm already in Season 4 and still I'm so confused with who's who and how are everyone related. And like... I don't even know the plot anymore. Hahaha. Sorry for sounding such a total idiot. I do constantly try to understand whats going on though.

But yeah, WHAT EXACTLY IS GOING ON? Last I remember, different houses were supposed to fight for the throne (iron throne is it?) But what the hell happened to that? It seems like no one cares and they're all doing their own crap. Again, it could jsut be me not listening to the show. I tend to not listen to GoT cause gat daym, it really is kinda boring in some parts.

tl;dr. Can someone give me a link to a pic/video that details charaters and their relationship with everyone else? and maybe a video (no book spoilers) for new viewers like me? Or if theres a post in here or somewhere. Thanks!

Did you watch from the beginning, or just start with Season 4? Either way, you should probably get your gf to explain it to you.

Polarburr

Did you watch from the beginning, or just start with Season 4? Either way, you should probably get your gf to explain it to you.

watched it from the beginning. i just hate how i have damn nicknames for everyone. Hahaha! 'witch with red hair' 'the guy who banged witch with red hair' 'the bald fat guy' 'bald fat guys moustache friend' I keep trying to remember everyones names and the plot their in but damnnnnn. Its quite a challenge. I literally have to leave my laptop open when watching jsut so I can do a quick google of their names and what they're up to. Hahaha!

And I always ask my gf whenever I have a question.. Thing is, she always replies with "ugh. you never pay attention, gawd." :| owned.

Did anyone else find it particularly lazy that they kept reiterating who the characters were in the dialogue as if we forgot?

"I AM THE KINGSLAYER AFTER ALL"

Like why would Jamie ever say that to Tywin?

It's the season premiere, a little recapping is in order. Pretty much every scene with Jaime (apart from the one with him and Brienne) is a "this is all the shit's that's gone down since you've been gone" scene.

And I always ask my gf whenever I have a question.. Thing is, she always replies with "ugh. you never pay attention, gawd." :| owned.

Yeah it's the kind of show you can't watch casually, or be distracted with tablets etc while watching. My GoT viewing is always with the lights down, and no interruptions.

At the start of last night's episode, what did Jaime say when Tywin asked what he wanted? I heard "supper would be nice", but that doesn't really make sense.

Polarburr

Yeah it's the kind of show you can't watch casually, or be distracted with tablets etc while watching. My GoT viewing is always with the lights down, and no interruptions.

Definitely. Only thing I leave on is my laptop. As I said, it's my GoT cheat sheet. Hahaha! I don't think I'll ever memorize everyones names and how they're related. Like, while watching the premiere, my girl was all "omg. joffrey's such an ass to jamie. thats his dad."

I'm all.. wtf... okay... he is? I thought he was just an uncle. *nods along* "totally."

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
"Jorah, honey, I pooped my pants...."

j4j9UVqauZ1Xl.png

Anyone got a 1080 version of this shot? I feel a nice new wallpaper.

EDIT: And potentially that one of all the wildlings readying their weapons as those erm... other dudes approached. (I forgot what they were called)

Just accidentally walked in to the book spoilers thread. Had a minor heart attack then promptly bailed.

I did the same thing this morning and got spoiled on a plot point that was already spoiled for me. I wasn't sure if the spoiler was true at first but waking into that thread on accident confirmed it and now I'm sad :(

lmpaler

".... Lots of cunts"

I lost it right there, Arya and The Hound is like the greatest road trip ever. I hope Arya doesn't make good on her promise to stab The Hound in his eye, he's become such a compelling character.

That scene killed me.

All in all I thought it was a great start to the new season. I realized I was a bit jaded on the who's and whats of the show for a few moments, but I am excited for this new season. I hope finally something awesome happens before the 9th fucking episode again. That is my only beef with the show currently is that there is so much to cover and I commend them for trying, but only 10 episodes at a time sometimes leaves me wishing there wasn't as much "filler" in the show.

This is probably why I will read all the books once this semester is over because I am getting tired of waiting for shit to hit the fan(lol)

Definitely. Only thing I leave on is my laptop. As I said, it's my GoT cheat sheet. Hahaha! I don't think I'll ever memorize everyones names and how they're related. Like, while watching the premiere, my girl was all "omg. joffrey's such an ass to jamie. thats his dad."

I'm all.. wtf... okay... he is? I thought he was just an uncle. *nods along* "totally."

Some more recappy stuff from page 19 of this thread

Watch these

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hVrlvRXGxg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnfYj-cHM5c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9q4Ht-W164

She gives a very good incite on the history of everything. Characters, houses etc.

Episode 1, 25 pages. Fuck. Probably won't be able to keep up with this thread at that pace, but just finished watching in the UK, and I liked it, good solid base for the season. Go Arya!

I've been watching this cause my girlfriend wants me to watch it with her since she watches my shows with me. Haha. Anyway, I can't believe I'm already in Season 4 and still I'm so confused with who's who and how are everyone related. And like... I don't even know the plot anymore. Hahaha. Sorry for sounding such a total idiot. I do constantly try to understand whats going on though.

But yeah, WHAT EXACTLY IS GOING ON? Last I remember, different houses were supposed to fight for the throne (iron throne is it?) But what the hell happened to that? It seems like no one cares and they're all doing their own crap. Again, it could jsut be me not listening to the show. I tend to not listen to GoT cause gat daym, it really is kinda boring in some parts.

tl;dr. Can someone give me a link to a pic/video that details charaters and their relationship with everyone else? and maybe a video (no book spoilers) for new viewers like me? Or if theres a post in here or somewhere. Thanks!

Most, if not all, of the dialogue is very important. The show is very heavy on the relationships between characters, so if that bores you, you might be better off not watching it.

If you're willing and able to not get distracted, I would advise you to watch all of the show again, and to fully pay attention this time. It's honestly the only way if you can't remember plot strings and the relationships of characters with each other. If you still have problems with tying stuff together, there's always paraphernalia such as the videos On Demand/BurnOutBrighter have linked that try to explain things, or relationship diagrams, but the best way is to just attentively watch the episodes again if you got distracted.

If you get very easily distracted, btw, I advise you to watch the series in a way that you can pause it, take a break, let stuff sink in, then come back. I did that when I rewatched all of the show before yesterday night, and did it again when I rewatched yesterday's ep today.

TheContact

".... Lots of cunts"

The hound is awesome and I hope Arya and the Hound have a good relationship. I bet in the end he doesn't sell her and they end up teaming up to do something awesome

RocBase

Yeahhhhh Game of Thrones is back! Brilliant as ever.

Arya and the hound are great together.
Give her a kingdom and a million ponies, she deserves it.

I love this show, glad it's back.
lmao, this a million times over. By "You're gonna die for some chickens?" I was cackling.

Also, am I the only one that doesn't like Shae? She's not being fair to Tyrion and not very likeable at all! Poor Tyrion can't catch a break!
I can't stand her either, I never really was a fan of her from the get-go. Way too temperamental for my liking.

Lautaro

At the start of last night's episode, what did Jaime say when Tywin asked what he wanted? I heard "supper would be nice", but that doesn't really make sense.

That's exactly what he said and it makes sense if you think that Jaime can't really tell his father what he wants that is to be with his sister.

Basically a defensive joke.

Nah it makes sense. He doesn't have the grand plans about house legacy and all that like his father does. It's his sarcastic sense of humor way of saying he wants a pretty simple life. He takes things one step at a time. Not a lot of planning ahead.

Also, am I the only one that doesn't like Shae? She's not being fair to Tyrion and not very likeable at all! Poor Tyrion can't catch a break!

Yeah neither. They were nice when they were getting together in season 2 and 3 but all she wants is to run away with him and she doesn't understand the giant tense pile of politics and family issues that Tyrion has to deal with. Not to mention the ridiculous jealousy over Sansa whom Tyrion was forced to marry and has no interest in (or at least I hope he doesn't).

Philippo

Was anyone else furious when they burned Ned Stark's sword "Ice"?

Eat shit Tywin

Yeaaaaaah no.
It's a more quiet, personal celebration of his victory.
Like everyone else he plays the Game, but he's the goddamn best at it.

Hands down my favorite character.

tumblr_n3n2c2zm3B1qhfadgo1_500.png

edit: damn beaten like a Stark

tensuke

"What the fuck's a Lommy?" haha the way he said that. And then Arya's revenge...Man good stuff. SO glad this show is back. :D

iNvid02

its hard not to like tywin despite the sword melting and wolf pelt burning

hes pulling all the strings and is kinda untouchable, as long he's alive the lannisters are gonna lannister

its hard not to like tywin despite the sword melting and wolf pelt burning

hes pulling all the strings and is kinda untouchable, as long he's alive the lannisters are gonna lannister

He's a frightening man. The fact he is so powerful, rich and influential just adds to that. Tyrion is right - Seven Kingdoms united in fear of Tywin Lannister.

I think a lot of that is also coming from the actor. Charles Dance's performance is just absolutely magnificent. I always loved him as an actor, but the role of Tywin is just perfect for him. I like how when he talks, you can hear that authority of his booming voice vibrating underneath his breath, and when he does burst out, it's just really scary. He pulls off the strict father and powerful lord amazingly.
It's no wonder he is typically cast as villain, too.

Did Kings' Landing not get the raven about the Whitewalkers? I can't remember how all that ended up at the end of the season.

In general, was a little bummed we didn't get a word about them in this episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom