• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How do think we'll see 3DS getting out of E3?

People would rage so hard if the next console Zelda game was another remake.

Personally, I would prefer to have the remake on the 3DS. 3DS games are cheaper... plus seeing Termina in 3D would be amazing.

Oh no, I was thinking if it was on a WiiU, we'd have a scenario where we'd have the next, full blown, HD mainline Zelda game, a sideline release of Majora's Mask remake, and...that freaking Dynasty Warriors Zelda. But, that's probably extremely unrealistic.

Would be pretty damn cool on 3DS though. Having OoT and MM together on the same handheld is a sweet prospect.

SlickVic

I don't know where they go from here. The system already has just about everything I was hoping for when I bought it

New Pokemon game, new Zelda Game (+ remake of OoT), new Ace Attorney (+ Layton/PW spinoff), new Fire Emblem, new Square RPG in BD, new Mario platformers, new Mario Golf, new Mario Kart, Kid Icarus, new Smash Brothers (upcoming), and more

The 3DS already has my 2nd largest backlog among my systems (PC obviously is first) and I have enough to play for a while. Anything else that comes out from this point is pure gravy.

The one thing I'm hoping for the most with the Majora's Mask remake is that they'll style it like the artwork, at least in terms of shading.

KHn8iiN.png

I always loved the hard shadows in the artwork, and it could give the game an even stronger contrast from OoT, while still re-using the assets like they did with MM on N64. Even if they don't, I'll still get it day one though.

duckroll

So they hired all those people in their Kyoto studio for no good reason? I wouldn't be surprised if it's on hold given the urgency of getting X out and assisting Nintendo on other first-party titles, but I still believe it will come.

It has been explained over and over, but I guess I'll do it one more time. The Kyoto Studio is a graphic studio formed to assist Nintendo. So far they have done nothing but provide asset production for Nintendo games - Animal Crossing 3DS, Pikmin 3, A Link Between Worlds, etc. The studio hasn't hired any game designers or programmers, and they don't seem to have brought any with them from Tokyo. Everyone being hired is a graphic artist.

They have never at any point announced that they're making a game on their own. They simply said they were working on 3DS titles, and were hiring more graphic staff. During another recruitment drive they invited CG World magazine to their studio for interviews and coverage. They didn't mention anything about making their own games then either. Only that they were working closely with Nintendo, that they had provided assets to recently released Nintendo games, and that they have a good working environment.

There is no "Monolithsoft 3DS project".

Duxxy3

I have absolutely no idea what is in the 3DS' future. It already has the 3d mario, 2d mario, 2 zelda games, mario kart, luigi games, golf game, smash, starfox, animal crossing and of course pokemon. The system is loaded with catalog titles.

Metroid and F-zero are the big missing titles, but I don't know if they would sell that much.

VegiHam

So, I guess it's safe to say we'll see the new Pokemon games, is anyone else worried that might be it? Opening with Pokemon like last year, moving on to Wii U stuff and leaving us with just Pokemon for the holidays?

Dr. Buni

So, I guess it's safe to say we'll see the new Pokemon games, is anyone else worried that might be it? Opening with Pokemon like last year, moving on to Wii U stuff and leaving us with just Pokemon for the holidays?
I am hoping for at least a Majora's Mask 3D announcement, besides a gameplay video of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

You're kidding me, right? You think Nintendo has no games coming out for the rest of this year other than Pokemon?

If you truly believe this, you need to take some anti-depressants, calm down, take several deep breaths, and go outside for a while. Just because you don't know what's coming doesn't mean that nothing's coming.

You'll see MM from grezzo, Metroid Dread from someone, Pokemon from pokemon, Advance Wars or something from IS.
Kyoto building will be working on games for the next handheld, I think.

Shaanyboi

Banned
More Smash, Majora's Mask remake, Pokemon, and maybe one or two new announcements (PLEASE be a new Advance Wars)

Majora's mask in toon link fashion

omg *__*

I love the toon link style, but they need to stay true to the weird creepy vibe of Majora's Mask's original art. Just obviously higher res and more fleshed out detail.

Draconian

Nope. They didn't leave Pokemon by itself for last holiday season either and that was a new generation and the first game in the series in 3D. I think Majora's Mask 3D will be announced with a release date for October.

Top Bottom