• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New DriveClub gameplay videos (IGN)

Shaneus

The decline seemed to happen around the time Blur and Split/Second bombed. I guess publishers/developers everywhere saw those bomb and decided the market wasn't there any more.

Still haunts me that Blur wasn't as well received as it should have been. Acti really screwed the pooch on that one with their absolutely idiotic marketing campaign.
If it's any consolation, the last time I fired up Blur on 360 and also had Live, from memory there were literally hundreds of people still playing it. This was during daytime on the weekend as well mind you, so (from what I understand) prime-time gaming time overseas.

Guymelef

tumblr_mni18yYErl1qhjcgto1_250.gif

Bwhahahaha, this thread turned into gold last night. Bravo Mike Works.

I propose that the skeleton becomes the mascot for the PS4. Does anyone else second that proposal?

iFootball

Bwhahahaha, this thread turned into gold last night. Bravo Mike Works.

I propose that the skeleton becomes the mascot for the PS4. Does anyone else second that proposal?

I'm thinking Evo should definitely consider providing a free "Skeleton Driver Model DLC" !!!... I mean, it would just be the right thing to do, right?

... quick, someone photoshop skeleton hands into the cockpit Gifs we've have so far!

jett

D-Member
Locked 30fps instead of the original potential 60fps target, If anything I'd say the visuals will improve before release. Evolution are known for their late development, last minute polishing.

vrk28Dz.gif

I'd be willing to be large sacks of money this game never ran at 60fps in any way, shape or form. Last year it couldn't even hold 30.

farisr

Locked 30fps instead of the original potential 60fps target, If anything I'd say the visuals will improve before release. Evolution are known for their late development, last minute polishing.

I see people keep saying this, but the game has always been 30fps (or lower) when they showed it off, they were in talks to see whether they should aim for 60fps or not, but we don't have any solid information whether they were actually ever actively targeting 60fps AFAIK.

But yes, evolution's style is polishing their game's visuals near the end of the dev cycle, and they've already shown significant improvements over the e3 and gamescom builds, we'll either be getting improved visuals than the ones we see now, or the visuals we see now without any dropped frames whatsoever.

Gestault

MLv5mF0.png

lol the waiting game continues

The heck? I find this whole situation funny as much as anything else, but that rubs me the wrong way. This is starting to look less like normal workplace prioritizing and more like they're unable to get full-resolution video of their own game.

LOL,.. That's some sadistic shit right there... Again as I have stated before in the thread but now I have downgraded them from high school kids to elementary ...Evo PR is being run by elementary kids. Just embarrassing.

I can't believe a big company like Sony is letting this happen. Can we please start tweeting to yosp and others about this.

Flo_Evans

lol

I'm starting to believe the idea that IGN has exclusive rights to these videos and not everyone at evolution knows it. Or they know and are just stalling.

I also believe they're stalling, probably they realized something and are trying to correct it (AA perhaps?)

Also, maybe the IGN is also from an old build, I don't see much difference tbh, but that's just speculation.

Well, there's no other choice but "Stay Tuned", so...

S1kkZ

I am so glad that E3 is coming. There is just no escape when it hits.Game will be seen, Evo.

nothing will change at e3. we will get new footage in some shitty quality live stream, then the footage will ahow up in sonys youtube channel (compressed to hell and back), some dude from evolution will pop into neogaf and promise us 1080p footage, which we will never get, launch of the game slowly approaches...

Pimpwerx

Announcing an upcoming trailer could build hype and create momentum ahead of the release. Or, could serve to emphasize the turmoil the project is alleged to have been in and demonstrate further mismanagement of the game's PR campaign.

Stop fucking talking about what's coming. Make the announcement when the content is already up. Giving gamers repeated blue balls isn't a good look right now. But whatever. Probably won't mean shit for sales. PEACE.

kriskrosbbk

nothing will change at e3. we will get new footage in some shitty quality live stream, then the footage will ahow up in sonys youtube channel (compressed to hell and back), some dude from evolution will pop into neogaf and promise us 1080p footage, which we will never get, launch of the game slowly approaches...

or this

Gestault

Ice cold.

Gestault

Watching now. Some image quality and stutter qualms aside, this I'm glad to see this up. It's hard to judge on my work monitor though. I am seeing more compression than I expected. Something about it at full-size seems soft, but that may be their motion/AA solution.

Motion blur on the road seems to kick out randomly. The underlying texture without the effect is pretty distracting.

iAQbyAVfyEQi0.gif

jCNc3sS5aoTg9.png

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
Don't know if i like the blur and overall texture quality. But the lightning is really great.

Edit: Looking at stills, it seems there is still tons of compression.

Kura

Banned
I wish Driveclub had less realtime reflections and more fps/AA.

Sure realtime reflections looks amazingfrom a tech point of view, but at the end of the day, it's not what people notices when seraching for 'amazing visuals', and it's not what the eyes catch when we are focused on racing.

I guess...

Top Bottom