• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New DriveClub gameplay videos (IGN)

Nafai1123

Banned
soonday-2025-5pm.jpg

Loakum

Banned
skeleton-in-car.png

"Jim, where the hell is the uncompressed DRIVECLUB video? We promised GAF we'd get it to them ages ago!"

Screen-Shot-2013-10-04-at-10.42.47-AM.jpg

"Ahhh shit, I knew I was forgetting something today! And yesterday. And last week."

skeleton-in-car.png

"Carol, they're foaming at the mouths! They keep bumping the fucking thread, making people think the video's actually been posted! Can you get to the office and upload the video? "

skeleton+in+car.JPG

"No can do, boss, got a costume party to go to and I'm totally lost. I printed out a page from Mapquest but I think it just printed Mapquest's sidebar. I guess I'm just not good with technology and-"

skeleton-in-car.png

"BOB! DRIVECLUB VIDEO! CAN YOU UPLOAD IT?"

skeleton-in-the-car.jpg

"Already done boss. Uploaded it to YouTube in 240p so I can watch it on my iPod Video. Tried to upload it to IGN too, but they said 240p was too much for their player to handle."

skeleton-in-car.png

"GOD DAMNIT! ERIC! ERIC! BUDDY! PLEASE TELL ME YOU UPLOADED THE UNCOMPRESSED FOOTAGE BEFORE YOU LEFT THE OFFICE TODAY!"

TOozod3.jpg

"Uh, I didn't, but I think Carl did. He's carpooling with me and Rick, hold on, I'll ask him. Hey Rick, did Carl upload the uncompressed video before we left today?"

SKsc2sC.jpg
]

"Naw man, he said he couldn't see a difference."

ROTFLMAO!!!! You should be a writer for a comedy show! I'm serious! LOL!

Mascot

Woke up hoping for no Driveclub videos, and Sony have delivered in spades. Perfect start to the day!

See? It's all about how you look at things.

These comments honestly confuse me. How you can be a fan of racing games and not be blown away, I don't know. I've never seen lighting like that on the cars, and the car reflecting in other cars.

Probably because it's not a sim but damn if it doesn't look like one?

But like you said, it's shiny!

I'll give em props for posting an actual race though.

If it is, I haven't been let in on it. There's obviously some aliasing on the powerlines, but other than that I really don't see what the problem is, especially considering the video appears to have been done at 720P, upscaled (probably using no filter) THEN uploaded to YT for dat bitrate.

But if it's a joke? Yeah, it's pretty hilarious. Very witty stuff here.

Yeah, this is why we need some proper HQ footage. I personally didn't notice the power lines, I was too busy ogling the amazing visuals, reflections and lighting.

Surprising this, isn't it? I would've thought there was a sizeable market for a "realistic" arcade racer this generation, but there really hasn't been much at all outside of NFS (which is so completely lacking in imagination and style that it hardly counts).

The decline seemed to happen around the time Blur and Split/Second bombed. I guess publishers/developers everywhere saw those bomb and decided the market wasn't there any more.

Still haunts me that Blur wasn't as well received as it should have been. Acti really screwed the pooch on that one with their absolutely idiotic marketing campaign.

Done lol.

Hah, excellent.

If this thread (that story in particular) doesn't light a fire under their arses, nothing will.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I'm going to give Evolution the benefit of the doubt and say that they have been responding to us and the wider enthusiast community through forums and social media just fine, but that there is clearly a disconnect with the guys who release the media - maybe Sony needs to do it, maybe they need to get Sony marketing clearance before making anything live. Basically a gap between the community management side of hints and the corporate marketing machine.

Sadly I don't see an easy way around that, other than if a Rushy etc stop talking to us, and in don't want that to happen. I think a middle ground would be if Evo stop promising anything until they know someone has hit the button. Engage with us, talk with us, but don't promise things that you aren't fully in control to deliver.

I've just heard* the PS+ version of Driveclub is going to be called the 'bare bones edition' to show Sony and Evo are listening to their consumers.

* In my mind.

Theecliff

Banned
skeleton-in-car.png

"Jim, where the hell is the uncompressed DRIVECLUB video? We promised GAF we'd get it to them ages ago!"

"Ahhh shit, I knew I was forgetting something today! And yesterday. And last week."

skeleton-in-car.png

"Carol, they're foaming at the mouths! They keep bumping the fucking thread, making people think the video's actually been posted! Can you get to the office and upload the video? "

skeleton+in+car.JPG

"No can do, boss, got a costume party to go to and I'm totally lost. I printed out a page from Mapquest but I think it just printed Mapquest's sidebar. I guess I'm just not good with technology and-"

skeleton-in-car.png

skeleton-in-the-car.jpg

"Already done boss. Uploaded it to YouTube in 240p so I can watch it on my iPod Video. Tried to upload it to IGN too, but they said 240p was too much for their player to handle."

skeleton-in-car.png

"GOD DAMNIT! ERIC! ERIC! BUDDY! PLEASE TELL ME YOU UPLOADED THE UNCOMPRESSED FOOTAGE BEFORE YOU LEFT THE OFFICE TODAY!"

TOozod3.jpg

"Uh, I didn't, but I think Carl did. He's carpooling with me and Rick, hold on, I'll ask him. Hey Rick, did Carl upload the uncompressed video before we left today?"

SKsc2sC.jpg
]

Amazing. This thread has become something else, haha.

skeleton-in-car.png

skeleton-in-car.png

skeleton+in+car.JPG

skeleton-in-car.png

skeleton-in-the-car.jpg

skeleton-in-car.png

TOozod3.jpg

SKsc2sC.jpg
]

That was glorious dude.

Where did you get all those pics from? Did you design them yourself?

I'm only slightly interested in driveclub (as time goes by, I'm starting to be less and less interested), but the way they're handling this game is just ridiculous, amateurish even.

I'm only slightly interested in driveclub (as time goes by, I'm starting to be less and less interested), but the way they're handling this game is just ridiculous, amateurish even.

I think it's important to remember that Evo is one of the few developers that seem to take a pretty active role in having dialogue directly with the customers/fans, both here and on twitter, and actually have tried to deliver some footage outside of the regular channels. Correct me if I'm wrong but that isn't super common to my knowledge. When they went dark
they obviously couldn't and I think that delay is what mostly caused some annoyance. Obviously going public with dates to deliver something as simple as this and missing that target is not a good thing, but we should give them some credit for trying I guess. We just want to see their glorious visuals as they were meant to, and I'm sure they want us to as well... even though it might not seem like that atm, lol.

Dodecagon

works for a research lab making 6 figures
does everyone need to quote the same pics over and over again?

YES, they're glorious

skeleton-in-car.png

skeleton-in-car.png

skeleton+in+car.JPG

skeleton-in-car.png

skeleton-in-the-car.jpg

skeleton-in-car.png

TOozod3.jpg

SKsc2sC.jpg
]

I think it's important to remember that Evo is one of the few developers that seem to take a pretty active role in having dialogue directly with the customers/fans, both here and on twitter, and actually have tried to deliver some footage outside of the regular channels. Correct me if I'm wrong but that isn't super common to my knowledge. When they went dark
they obviously couldn't and I think that delay is what mostly caused some annoyance. Obviously going public with dates to deliver something as simple as this and missing that target is not a good thing, but we should give them some credit for trying I guess. We just want to see their glorious visuals as they were meant to, and I'm sure they want us to as well... even though it might not seem like that atm, lol.

Regardless of how much they interact with the customers pre-release, at this point when you see someone from EVO saying "hey guys, we're doing to do something day X!", there's a 95% chance it won't happen that day, or anytime soon.

The game got delayed out of the blue, went dark for a while, then came back, then dates kept slipping...it's just a mess.

farmerboy

Mike, hahahahahaaaa, Works, you fucking legend, what a laugh. Fucking great, hahahahaaalollmfaohaha, serious, can't stop laug....

Hang on, wait a minute. Mike, stop diverting our attention away from the task at hand.

Evo, WHERE'S OUR FRIGGIN VIDEOOO?

velociraptor

Cheers. Good to be back! Pretty damn exciting news all around. Now Evo, add to that please with some HQ or even new footage!

The funny thing is, they released those fantastic high quality GIF's and snippets of races from various different tracks, why can't they just release the full videos of those?

Like…please…

ibdFRTl2ztnisy.gif

2356101-3998062541-L2c6P.gif

This looks so much better than the IGN footage we have seen. I hope they haven't downgraded the game.

Shaneus

Regardless of how much they interact with the customers pre-release, at this point when you see someone from EVO saying "hey guys, we're doing to do something day X!", there's a 95% chance it won't happen that day, or anytime soon.

The game got delayed out of the blue, went dark for a while, then came back, then dates kept slipping...it's just a mess.
But we don't know if it's Evo causing the delay, or Sony. I still don't know who that Chris guy is working for/with.

nib95

Banned
This looks so much better than the IGN footage we have seen. I hope they haven't downgraded the game.

Locked 30fps instead of the original potential 60fps target, If anything I'd say the visuals will improve before release. Evolution are known for their late development, last minute polishing.

Top Bottom