• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New DriveClub gameplay videos (IGN)

GameSeeker

No worries, the HQ videos will be out by E3. If not by E3, then by Gamescom. If not by Gamescom, then TGS for sure.

Sony should go back into "radio silence" mode on DriveClub and do no PR of any kind till Oct. 9th. They shoot themselves in the foot every single time they try.

I'd understand that answer in an open world game, but not in a track based racer. Are you sure that came from Evo?

I should probably retract this post. I'm 95% sure that's what I read but cant back it up. And you're right about the differentiation between open world and track based game. I really am not sure how it will work.

Two days later and we still have nothing...

I think they're hiding something.

What could they possibly have to hide?

I'll admit the lack of HQ footage is very strange, but we've seen the gameplay footage, it's not like it's a complete disaster or that there's anything significantly wrong with it. Hell, it still manages to look crazy good through all the compression and low bitrate garbage.

Hawk269

I just want this game to come out. My PS4 has been hungry for it for a while now. Looks fantastic and cannot wait to play it.

MANGOD

Banned
The general bullshit that has come with this game has totally led to a lack of interest in it. Was once my most wanted launch game and now I doubt I'll even bother with the ps plus edition.

The general bullshit that has come with this game has totally led to a lack of interest in it. Was once my most wanted launch game and now I doubt I'll even bother with the ps plus edition.

It has been a mess, but that's a tiny bit extreme no?

Arcade racers with the kind of pedigree behind this game are so few and far between, seems like you'll only be hurting yourself by passing on it.

Raist

Banned
1hojf5.jpg

farmerboy

Just trying to inject a bit of humour and levity into this thread!

We'll get the videos (we will right?) and when we do I think we will be suitably impressed. Just dont get why some people are ragging on the game or are they just taking out their frustrations from the delay? Either way I understand, we all just want a little driveclub to see us through to e3.

Except for you guys picking on some percieved imperfections from still shots of a Youtube video (!!) take your magnifying glasses and go check out your tiny cocks instead.
as in, the small minature bred male chickens you keep in the yard, what were you thinking?

Mascot

No videos yet? My source is a lying bastard. If you can't trust some bloke you met in a queue at the kebab shop then who can you trust?

Seriously though: soon.

Or later. I forget.

Shaneus

BE HERE NOW, TRAILER!

I swear I'm the only person who didn't notice the jaggies in the footage...

Is this a running joke I'm not aware of?
If it is, I haven't been let in on it. There's obviously some aliasing on the powerlines, but other than that I really don't see what the problem is, especially considering the video appears to have been done at 720P, upscaled (probably using no filter) THEN uploaded to YT for dat bitrate.

But if it's a joke? Yeah, it's pretty hilarious. Very witty stuff here.

Arcade racers with the kind of pedigree behind this game are so few and far between
Surprising this, isn't it? I would've thought there was a sizeable market for a "realistic" arcade racer this generation, but there really hasn't been much at all outside of NFS (which is so completely lacking in imagination and style that it hardly counts).

nib95

Banned
As someone who is greatly looking forward to DriveClub, and a fan of Evolutions previous work, I must say, the way Evolution and Sony have handled the release, marketing and delivery of information regarding the title has been disappointing to say the least.

My complaint isn't about the lack of media. They've actually released more media than other games that are reported to release around the same time frame.

The issue is with the constant misinformation regarding the delivery of information, potential dates, policies and all the rest.

If you tell your consumer base, that is your potential customers, you are going to be delivering something at a certain time, and then fail to follow through on that message, people will forgive and forget once, maybe twice, because mistakes and issues do occur, but to the degree and number that Evolution has?

It just makes Evolution look unprofessional, disorganised, and out of touch. And instils a lack of confidence within the fan base, not only regarding Evo's commitment to their fans, but their grasp on the project itself. At least with regards to the media, marketing and communications side.

If you're not sure you're going to be able to deliver on a particular piece of media or information on time, or at all, simply avoid committing to it by offering us a date, or mentioning it at all.

We appreciate the updates and constant flow of information, yes, but not at the expense of half of it being riddled with false promises.

/rant

Elios83

As someone who is greatly looking forward to DriveClub, and a fan of Evolutions previous work, I must say, the way Evolution and Sony have handled the release, marketing and delivery of information regarding the title has been disappointing to say the least.

My complaint isn't about the lack of media. They've actually released more media than other games that are reported to release around the same time frame.

The issue is with the constant misinformation regarding the delivery of information, potential dates, policies and all the rest.

If you tell your consumer base, that is your potential customers, you are going to be delivering something at a certain time, and then fail to follow through on that message, people will forgive and forget once, maybe twice, because mistakes and issues do occur, but to the degree and number that Evolution has?

It just makes Evolution look unprofessional, disorganised, and out of touch. And instils a lack of confidence within the fan base, not only regarding Evo's commitment to their fans, but their grasp on the project itself. At least with regards to the media, marketing and communications side.

If you're not sure you're going to be able to deliver on a particular piece of media or information on time or at all, simply avoid committing to it by even offering us a date, or mentioning it at all.

We appreciate the updates and constant flow of information, yes, but not at the expense of half of it being riddled with false promises.

/rant

It might be a rant but you're right. Their use of social media likes Twitter and FB to market the game has been really bad.They're basically saying "Hey look at how disorganized and internally disconnected we are!".
I don't even know why it's taking so long to release the uncompressed 1080p version of the latest videos in first place....are they just busy?Maybe they can't release a video until it gets approved by some kind of marketing team and so at some point it goes out of their control? That would be sad :/

If you're not sure you're going to be able to deliver on a particular piece of media or information on time, or at all, simply avoid committing to it by offering us a date, or mentioning it at all.

/rant

i can only recall this happening once, what have been the other occasions? or do you mean the initial delay as well?

nib95

Banned
i can only recall this happening once, what have been the other occasions? or do you mean the initial delay as well?

I lose count. The initial Gamescom Alpha footage was delayed beyond when they said we'd get it (first via YouTube which came late, and then the delay in getting it to Blim too, which I still very much appreciate mind). So too was the Night Time race footage, after which we were told we'd get new media soon, showing the improvements in AA etc, which never transpired. In-fact, we've been told we'll be getting new media for ages. Now we finally get it, 5 months late, and it's awful quality.

And yes, then there's also the delay of the game itself, the delay announcing the release date, the information regarding the PS+ version and upgrade and so on.

I lose count. The Gamescom Alpha footage itself was delayed beyond when they said we'd get it, as was the Night Time race footage, after which we were told we'd get new media soon, showing the improvements in AA etc, which never transpired. In-fact, we've been told we'll be getting new media for ages. Now we finally get it 5 months late, and it's awful quality.

i feel like thats all related to the delay though, game went dark for a while. And i wouldn't go so far as to call the new youtube footage "awful" quality, you can easily tell this game has top tier visuals.

And yes, then there's also the delay itself, the announcement of the release date, the information regarding the PS+ version and upgrade and so on.

thats all one thing lol, due to the one delay. all that stuff got revealed at the same time once the re-reveal happened.

nib95

Banned
It might be a rant but you're right. Their use of social media likes Twitter and FB to market the game has been really bad.They're basically saying "Hey look at how disorganized and internally disconnected we are!".
I don't even know why it's taking so long to release the uncompressed 1080p version of the latest videos in first place....are they just busy?Maybe they can't release a video until it gets approved by some kind of marketing team and so at some point it goes out of their control? That would be sad :/

It most probably is the latter. In big organisations like this, there's a mass of bureaucracy and an army of marketing approval you need to muscle through, especially when you've given an exclusive to IGN I'd imagine.

But the point is, get the logistics, permissions, encoding etc sorted first, then when you're ready to release the footage, only then tell us you'll get us X, Y or Z media on A, B or C date. That's the professional way to do it, and to be honest, if other publishers and developers can do it in a timely and organised manner, so too should Evo.

Don't get me wrong though, credit where it's due, I do appreciate them going the extra mile to get us higher quality footage each and every time. Ultimately though, it's worth it because it's better advertising for their game at the end of the day. Better if the HQ footage was available from the offset though….

Kssio_Aug

/rant

You just stated everything! Their lack of care about what they say is ridiculous and completely unprofessional!

They didnt HAVE to release better quality videos by now. But once they said that they would do it, and raised expectations to their consumers, they should have done it!! And at the time they 1st mentioned!

I mean... this game is looking awesome!! But they cant keep delivering information that way! When they announce something they better be sure about that, and keep with their promises! If they are not sure if they can deliver stuff, then they sshoulndt tell costumers that will do it!

Theyre losing credibility here! And for a really stupid reason!

VanWinkle

/rant

Completely agree with you. Also, where have you been? Have you just been unbanned?

Top Bottom