• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New DriveClub gameplay videos (IGN)

meanspartan

Ok originally I lol'd at people getting all upset about a downloadable trailer not being posted.....but now it really is just puzzling what their deal is.

iceatcs

what are we waiting for? Lossless video that's it?

I think better don't bother release it if the same footage, I don't want they will have a problem with huge bandwidth usage bill.

As someone who is greatly looking forward to DriveClub, and a fan of Evolutions previous work, I must say, the way Evolution and Sony have handled the release, marketing and delivery of information regarding the title has been disappointing to say the least.

My complaint isn't about the lack of media. They've actually released more media than other games that are reported to release around the same time frame.

The issue is with the constant misinformation regarding the delivery of information, potential dates, policies and all the rest.

If you tell your consumer base, that is your potential customers, you are going to be delivering something at a certain time, and then fail to follow through on that message, people will forgive and forget once, maybe twice, because mistakes and issues do occur, but to the degree and number that Evolution has?

It just makes Evolution look unprofessional, disorganised, and out of touch. And instils a lack of confidence within the fan base, not only regarding Evo's commitment to their fans, but their grasp on the project itself. At least with regards to the media, marketing and communications side.

If you're not sure you're going to be able to deliver on a particular piece of media or information on time, or at all, simply avoid committing to it by offering us a date, or mentioning it at all.

We appreciate the updates and constant flow of information, yes, but not at the expense of half of it being riddled with false promises.

/rant

I feel you and agree. While the developers probably have a lot more important things too do, then produce a better version of a trailer already released, setting dates to cater to your fans and dont deliver on it is bad. But what annoyes me the most is the lack of response of the reason why! Yeah we got tweets but seriously is that what counts as apologies to perhaps their most probable and entusiastic customers they got these days? These delays, broken promises and failiure to comunicate is really starting to make me question how they will deliver even after the game ships. If there are some bugs or other issues will we meet a wall of silence or a soon answer yet again?

Well this became quite a rant too but working and also writing a master thesis on customer quality and communication makes me wonder sometimes how some companies/developers within this industry looks upon their customers and how they have no fear of letting them down.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
For a game trying to be all about social media interaction and cooperation, they're sure pretty terrible at it.

nib95

Banned
Haha! Looks like you ran out of luck! :p

Welcome back :)

Cheers. Good to be back! Pretty damn exciting news all around. Now Evo, add to that please with some HQ or even new footage!

The funny thing is, they released those fantastic high quality GIF's and snippets of races from various different tracks, why can't they just release the full videos of those?

Like…please…

ibdFRTl2ztnisy.gif

2356101-3998062541-L2c6P.gif

Cubed

When I look at those .gifs from the end of last year, like the one where they're racing on a snowy mountain or where the driver's door's glass cracks, I feel like telling those that bitch about rock solid 30fps to go to hell!

Dang are those graphics amazing!

They're probably having legal issue since it was an IGN exclusive.

Then record two other similar gameplay videos. If IGN have some sort of deal to be the only provider of gameplay videos for x amount of time then say so. It is not like either is a problem worth making fans of their game frustrated or even angry at them over.

Shaneus

I didn't think to check, but That_Kid_Chris is definitely an employee of Evo and not Sony. His bio: "HUGE Gamer, collector & Global Product Manager at △◯✕▢ for #DRIVECLUB". Or does that mean he works for Sony and manages things b/w Sony and Evo?

Either way, ball has been dropped pretty severely by someone :/

shink

To be fair, that tweet in the OP doesn't specify which Monday. If it comes out on the upcoming Monday, I'll literally lol.

tfur

I didn't think to check, but That_Kid_Chris is definitely an employee of Evo and not Sony. His bio: "HUGE Gamer, collector & Global Product Manager at △◯✕▢ for #DRIVECLUB". Or does that mean he works for Sony and manages things b/w Sony and Evo?

Either way, ball has been dropped pretty severely by someone :/

If he is a product manager, they need someone better.

It is the principle of the matter. If you give a date, you deliver. If you cannot deliver on said date, you explain why, and either reschedule or cancel outright. If you were never able to deliver, you should of kept your mouth shut. Amateur hour.

skeleton-in-car.png

"Jim, where the hell is the uncompressed DRIVECLUB video? We promised GAF we'd get it to them ages ago!"

Screen-Shot-2013-10-04-at-10.42.47-AM.jpg

"Ahhh shit, I knew I was forgetting something today! And yesterday. And last week."

skeleton-in-car.png

"Carol, they're foaming at the mouths! They keep bumping the fucking thread, making people think the video's actually been posted! Can you get to the office and upload the video? "

skeleton+in+car.JPG

"No can do, boss, got a costume party to go to and I'm totally lost. I printed out a page from Mapquest but I think it just printed Mapquest's sidebar. I guess I'm just not good with technology and-"

skeleton-in-car.png

"BOB! DRIVECLUB VIDEO! CAN YOU UPLOAD IT?"

skeleton-in-the-car.jpg

"Already done boss. Uploaded it to YouTube in 240p so I can watch it on my iPod Video. Tried to upload it to IGN too, but they said 240p was too much for their player to handle."

skeleton-in-car.png

"GOD DAMNIT! ERIC! ERIC! BUDDY! PLEASE TELL ME YOU UPLOADED THE UNCOMPRESSED FOOTAGE BEFORE YOU LEFT THE OFFICE TODAY!"

TOozod3.jpg

"Uh, I didn't, but I think Carl did. He's carpooling with me and Rick, hold on, I'll ask him. Hey Rick, did Carl upload the uncompressed video before we left today?"

SKsc2sC.jpg
]

"Naw man, he said he couldn't see a difference."

skeleton-in-car.png

"Jim, where the hell is the uncompressed DRIVECLUB video? We promised GAF we'd get it to them ages ago!"

"Ahhh shit, I knew I was forgetting something today! And yesterday. And last week."

skeleton-in-car.png

"Carol, they're foaming at the mouths! They keep bumping the fucking thread, making people think the video's actually been posted! Can you get to the office and upload the video? "

skeleton+in+car.JPG

"No can do, boss, got a costume party to go to and I'm totally lost. I printed out a page from Mapquest but I think it just printed Mapquest's sidebar. I guess I'm just not good with technology and-"

skeleton-in-car.png

skeleton-in-the-car.jpg

"Already done boss. Uploaded it to YouTube in 240p so I can watch it on my iPod Video. Tried to upload it to IGN too, but they said 240p was too much for their player to handle."

skeleton-in-car.png

"GOD DAMNIT! ERIC! ERIC! BUDDY! PLEASE TELL ME YOU UPLOADED THE UNCOMPRESSED FOOTAGE BEFORE YOU LEFT THE OFFICE TODAY!"

TOozod3.jpg

"Uh, I didn't, but I think Carl did. He's carpooling with me and Rick, hold on, I'll ask him. Hey Rick, did Carl upload the uncompressed video before we left today?"

SKsc2sC.jpg
]

Well done sir.

coldcrush

Neo Member
skeleton-in-car.png

skeleton-in-car.png

skeleton+in+car.JPG

skeleton-in-car.png

skeleton-in-the-car.jpg

skeleton-in-car.png

TOozod3.jpg

SKsc2sC.jpg
]

oh man, that was perfect

nib95

Banned
skeleton-in-car.png

skeleton-in-car.png

skeleton+in+car.JPG

skeleton-in-car.png

skeleton-in-the-car.jpg

skeleton-in-car.png

TOozod3.jpg

SKsc2sC.jpg
]

Holy shit lol. Well played.

This is good too lol.

It's over guys.

On Twitter they're talking about uploading new footage showcasing the UI/ inRace pop ups, no one cares about uncompressed IGN footage. We lost.

Saberus

skeleton-in-car.png

skeleton-in-car.png

skeleton+in+car.JPG

skeleton-in-car.png

skeleton-in-the-car.jpg

skeleton-in-car.png

TOozod3.jpg

SKsc2sC.jpg
]

Oh shit.. that was awesome

cool_dude

Banned
I think the developers, programmers, marketers, and PR-ers are going to get laid off. Sony is losing money, and keeping a social website, let alone an entire social game, costs a buttload of money and resources. Come on, what does it really take to upload a video?

They are probably pouring tens of millions into the next GT game so they don't want to make their financial numbers look even worse at this point in time.

Sony’s deadweight divisions drag down PlayStation 4

Oh well, keep those skeletons coming!

skeleton-in-car.png

skeleton-in-car.png

skeleton+in+car.JPG

skeleton-in-car.png

skeleton-in-the-car.jpg

skeleton-in-car.png

TOozod3.jpg

SKsc2sC.jpg
]

dead.gif

Top Bottom