• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 21, 2008

test_account

XP-39C²
Frankfurter said:
Considering Haze appears to be a pretty shitty game, I'd switch the ":)" smiley to a ":(" smiley ;)
It is good for Free Radical, but its bad for the people who bought it and thought it sux (i guess that goes for all games though, but maybe Haze will have more people thinking that the game sucked compared to some other games :p). I havnt played the full version of Haze (i have only only the demo which i found ok (unfortunately i didnt really played it that much) so i'm not going to judge the game in its fullest without having tried the full version. Therefor i dont want to use a ":(", the ":)" is for Free Radical :)

nli10 said:
Usually for Xmas so I guess November?
Ye, my mistake, sorry. It seems that its out around there, i just checked, thanks for the info :)

Draft

UK gaming taste is a double edged sword.

On one hand, they've rejected the non gaming scourge and for that we are grateful.

On the other, they are making Haze a megahit, and for that we must scorn them.

Truly a dichotomous bunch.

Draft said:
UK gaming taste is a double edged sword.

On one hand, they've rejected the non gaming scourge and for that we are grateful.
What, have you been living under a rock? Non-gaming is huge! Only now we're not seeing much of the Brain Training games in the charts, but they have been mega successful. Wii Fit is only so low because of stock shortages. Non-gaming is alive and well here ;)

ksamedi

Jokeropia said:
I think Wii Fit might have stock problems for months.

Yep, I think so too. Even though stock problems generaly don't last very long with games I think Nintendo does have a production limit with WiiFit.

FrankT

Draft said:
On the other, they are making Haze a megahit, and for that we must scorn them.

Megahit eh, please define, as in GTA, Halo, GT series, MGS series. Megahit ala what does that even mean.

Jokeropia said:
I think Wii Fit might have stock problems for months.

Very well could.

Raist

Banned
4hxpue.png

nli10

Raist said:

It's beginning to even out nicely as the quiet period approaches. As GTAIV begins to descend the charts though it will look more like the Nintendo graph we know and love.

Tideas

Banned
nli10 said:
It's beginning to even out nicely as the quiet period approaches. As GTAIV begins to descend the charts though it will look more like the Nintendo graph we know and love.

which is Nintendo falling? Because if the graph shows right, nintendo is falling, lol

Steroyd

szaromir said:
Are British people so bitter about their absence from Euro 08 that they still buy Fifa 08 instead of Euro 08?

:lol

Euro 2008 in the UK (particularly England) loses it's sex appeal if you can't play as England, considering the UK is the strongest market for football games...

England's failure to qualify = Ouch EA.

Or it could be that the British public finally has the collective brain cells to figure out that Euro 2008 is just a glorified international mode from Fifa... NAH!

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
felipeko said:
20 (20) [NDS] More Brain Training From Dr Kawashima (Nintendo)
21 (18) [NDS] Imagine: Babies (Ubisoft)

I've got to stop speed-reading these charts. I read that as "Imagine More Babies From Dr Kawashima."

cvxfreak

From the latest Famitsu. Sorry if this is old:

1. [WII] Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo) - 386,000
2. [WII] Wii Fit (Nintendo) - 215,000
3. [PS3] Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (SCE) - 144,000
4. [WII] Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Sega) - 91,000
5. [WII] Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 (Konami) - 60,000
6. [NDS] Dr. Kawashima's Brain Training (Nintendo) - 55,000
7. [WII] Wii Play (Nintendo) - 55,000
8. [X360] Rainbow Six Vegas 2 (Ubisoft) - 48,000
9. [WII] Sega Superstars Tennis (Sega) - 44,000
10. [NDS] Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Sega) - 42,000

milanbaros

Member?
Is the Wii Fit supply issue is because of the US launch, wouldn't Nintendo make more money selling Wii Fit in the UK because of the weak dollar?

I think if Ninetendo are lucky Wii Fit will be a very big game this holiday season as well.

Also, any LTD for the Mario and Sonic games? Looking back on the charts the game broke the weekly Wii software sales record twice before selling out just before christmas only to come back in at number one a few weeks later.

Innotech said:
Im beginnig to notive a mirror image effect between Wii and 360 on that graph....

The problem is that the graph doesn`t work when you have one or two massive titles and a load of relatively poorly selling ones, like we have seen recently with GTA.

milanbaros said:
Is the Wii Fit supply issue is because of the US launch, wouldn't Nintendo make more money selling Wii Fit in the UK because of the weak dollar?

I think if Ninetendo are lucky Wii Fit will be a very big game this holiday season as well.

Also, any LTD for the Mario and Sonic games? They have 3 more months of big sales left as well.
It's a shoe in that Wii Fit will be the hot item for Xmas 08.

2up4lc5.png

Germany :
Week 21, 2008

01 (03) [WII] Wii Fit (Nintendo)
02 (01) [PS3] Grand Theft Auto IV (Take 2)
03 (04) [WII] Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo)
04 (02) [360] Grand Theft Auto IV (Take 2)
05 (07) [NDS] Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Sega)
06 (06) [NDS] Dr. Kawashima's Brain Training (Nintendo)
07 (05) [NDS] Mario Kart DS (Nintendo)
08 (08) [PS2] Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 Platinum (Konami)
09 (__) [NDS] Dr. Kawashima's More Brain Training (Nintendo)
10 (10) [NDS] New Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo)

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
slaughterking said:
2up4lc5.png

Germany :
Week 21, 2008

01 (03) [WII] Wii Fit (Nintendo)
02 (01) [PS3] Grand Theft Auto IV (Take 2)
03 (04) [WII] Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo)
04 (02) [360] Grand Theft Auto IV (Take 2)
05 (07) [NDS] Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Sega)
07 (05) [NDS] Mario Kart DS (Nintendo)
08 (08) [PS2] Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 Platinum (Konami)
09 (__) [NDS] Dr. Kawashima's More Brain Training (Nintendo)
10 (10) [NDS] New Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo)

Damn Nintendo :D

In a way, it wouldn't surprise me if there's a big Wii Fit re-stock over the next couple of weeks....it would look good for Nintendo to keep MGS4 off of the top spot.

jorma

is now taking requests
TheDrowningMan said:
In a way, it wouldn't surprise me if there's a big Wii Fit re-stock over the next couple of weeks....it would look good for Nintendo to keep MGS4 off of the top spot.

Death of gaming; Confirmed? =)

Raist

Banned
2ziy2o3.png

Italy :
Week 20, 2008http://www.forumeye.it/invision/index.php?s=&showtopic=437124&view=findpost&p=8310490

01 (01) [PS3] Grand Theft Auto IV (Take 2)
02 (02) [360] Grand Theft Auto IV (Take 2)
03 (03) [WII] Wii Fit (Nintendo)
04 (05) [WII] Wii Play (Nintendo)
05 (04) [NDS] Cooking Mama 2 (505 Games)
07 (__) [NDS] Princess on Ice (505 Games)
08 (__) [NDS] Sight Training (Nintendo)
09 (__) [PS2] GTA: San Andreas Platinum (Take 2)
10 (07) [WII] Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo)

Taurus

Raist said:
2ziy2o3.png

Italy :
Week 20, 2008http://www.forumeye.it/invision/index.php?s=&showtopic=437124&view=findpost&p=8310490

WTF? We've seen Nintendo titles conquering former Sony strongholds (Spain) and now Italy too? Strange world we're living...

Dascu

Raist said:
2ziy2o3.png

Italy :

I thought Italy was Sonyland? Yikes.

milanbaros

Member?
That would be a cruel move by Nintendo and I'm not sure whether it would be able to manage keeping MGS4 off the top, at least for the 1st week.

On a side note, I was looking into the size of the UK market compared to the Japanese market.

This report from ELPSA says that 75.9m units of software were sold last year in the UK and this post puts the Japanese 2007 total at 67,539,900. Although it appears the Japanese figure is only based on the top 500 its unlikely total sales would top the UK figure.

Why is it then that the UK market is always ranked 3rd to the US and Japan when it looks like it is at least joint second?

C.T.

milanbaros said:
That would be a cruel move by Nintendo and I'm not sure whether it would be able to manage keeping MGS4 off the top, at least for the 1st week.

On a side note, I was looking into the size of the UK market compared to the Japanese market.

This report from ELPSA says that 75.9m units of software were sold last year in the UK and this post puts the Japanese 2007 total at 67,539,900. Although it appears the Japanese figure is only based on the top 500 its unlikely total sales would top the UK figure.

Why is it then that the UK market is always ranked 3rd to the US and Japan when it looks like it is at least joint second?

Why? Do you know how many games get released in japan? Its a huge amount of games that sell at least good.

Edit: Anyway, UK market grew enormously the last few years.

Steroyd said:
:lol

Euro 2008 in the UK (particularly England) loses it's sex appeal if you can't play as England, considering the UK is the strongest market for football games...

England's failure to qualify = Ouch EA.

Or it could be that the British public finally has the collective brain cells to figure out that Euro 2008 is just a glorified international mode from Fifa... NAH!

You can play as England on it though... you can start qualifying from the beginning and get in that way, do "captain your country" mode or just do a Euro 2008 and choose to be England.

And we have lots of brain cells, I bought Euro 2008 because it was better than the Fifa 08 demo (imo), im English and usually play as France on it.

Congratulations to Free Radical tbh, I knew the game had a lot of pre-orders even in 2007 so the pre-launch marketing really has to be commended.

I genuinely hope it hangs on in there for a couple more weeks.

cvxfreak said:

1. [WII] Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo) - 386.000 [386.000]
2. [WII] Wii Fit (Nintendo) - 215.000 [215.000]
3. [PS3] Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (SCE) - 144.000 [252.000]
4. [WII] Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Sega) - 91.000 [> 858.000]
5. [WII] Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 (Konami) - 60.000 [> 60.000]
6. [NDS] Dr. Kawashima's Brain Training (Nintendo) - 55.000 [> 1.205.558]
7. [WII] Wii Play (Nintendo) - 55.000 [> 1.055.000]
8. [X360] Rainbow Six Vegas 2 (Ubisoft) - 48.000 [197.000]
9. [WII] Sega Superstars Tennis (Sega) - 44.000 [> 44.000]
10. [NDS] Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Sega) - 42.000 [> 242.000]
Nice. Thank you. :D

Here are the March numbers for comparison:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10903326&postcount=162

I´ve added the LTDs [in brackets]. :)

Nice, now we get numbers for UK, too. :D

felipeko

Captain Smoker said:

I´ve added the LTDs [in brackets]. :)

omg. That means soon Wii will have a non-Nintendo game reaching 1 million? Wth o_O

(sure it will reach, with olympics coming along soon...)

milanbaros

Member?
C.T. said:
Why? Do you know how many games get released in japan? Its a huge amount of games that sell at least good.

Edit: Anyway, UK market grew enormously the last few years.

The UK softawre revenue was £1.72bn and the Japanes software revenue was 360.25bn yen which actually puts them about equal, but considering the UK experienced 26% revenue growth and Japan -1% over 2006, perhaps this year will show a more clear winner.

10. [NDS] Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Sega) - 42.000 [> 242.000]
Mario & Sonic has sold a million cross both platforms in UK. 0_o

It looks like the Wii version will be able to cross that barrier by itself in a couple months, though.

Oh and look for it to top the charts across the world in August.

Sadist

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/wii-fit-in-stock-as-soon-as-possible_5

Wii Fit in stock "as soon as possible"
Nintendo has pledged that Wii Fit stocks will be replenished "as soon as possible", following recent shortages.

The full extent of the supply drought of the hugely popular exercise title was revealed with the release of UK chart.

With stock of the title almost completely drying up, the game dramatically plummeted out of the UK All Format Top 40 altogether, having been No2 in the listings last week. The remaining stock could only push the game to No15 in the Wii chart.

But while Nintendo admitted that "there are pockets of stock shortages in areas of the UK", a spokesman stressed "we are doing everything we can to replenish shortages as soon as possible.

"To this effect we are continuing to bring Wii Fit stock into retailers across the UK on a weekly basis," he added.

@monthly UK - charts in Famitsu:

I´m sure now that the Top10 is ChartTrack data, but it´s not extrapolated, it´s always 90% of the extrapolated data. :)

WiiFit first week: 238.000 [extrapolated]
WiiFit first week: 215.000 [90% - April Top10 Chart]

GT5P first week: 120.000 [extrapolated]
GT5P first week: 108.000 [90% - March Top10 Chart]

Anyway, now we get a monthly Top10 for UK with numbers and we have the ELSPA Sales Awards. :D

Raist said:
2ziy2o3.png

Italy :

Well that about wraps it up. Is there anywhere left now? New Zealand?

Raist

Banned
fe01ti.png

Denmark :
TOP 20 ENTERTAINMENT SOFTWARE (ALL PRICES) - Week 21, 2008

01 (__) Age Of Conan: Hyborian Adventures (Ubisoft)
02 (01) Grand Theft Auto Iv (K.e. Media)
03 (03) Singstar Summer Party (Nordisk Film)
04 (07) Guitar Hero III: Legends Of Rock (Activision)
05 (__) Need For Speed: Most Wanted (Electronic Arts)
06 (04) Fifa 08 (Electronic Arts)
07 (__) The Sims 2 (Electronic Arts)
08 (__) Medal Of Honor: European Assault (Electronic Arts)
09 (10) Counter-strike: Source (Electronic Arts)
10 (09) The Sims 2: Kitchen & Bath Design Stuff (Electronic Arts)
11 (11) Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (K.e. Media)
12 (14) Uefa Euro 2008 Austria-switzerland (Electronic Arts)
13 (__) Counter-strike 1: Anthology (Electronic Arts)
14 (19) Warcraft III: Reign Of Chaos (Vivendi Games)
15 (__) Gran Turismo 5: Prologue (Nordisk Film)
16 (17) Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (Activision)
17 (__) World Of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade (Vivendi Games)
18 (__) World Of Warcraft (Vivendi Games)
19 (18) Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo)
20 (__) The Sims 2: Freetime (Electronic Arts)

360 consoles outselling PS3 since GTA IV launch

Sales of Xbox 360 consoles are 18 per cent ahead of the PlayStation 3 in the UK since the launch of Grand Theft Auto IV, Chart-Track told Eurogamer.

Official GTA IV sales figures for the first four weeks also reveal that the Xbox 360 is the format of choice for UK gamers, with 57 per cent of the total sales of the game on 360, compared to 43 per cent on PS3.

Current Chart-Track panel sales figures place sales of the game in the UK at over 1.3 million, meaning around 750,000 copies have shifted on Xbox 360, and around 570,000 on PS3.

The effect on driving hardware sales has also been more dramatic on 360 than PS3, according to Chart-Track’s figures. Comparing sales of both consoles for the four weeks prior to GTA IV’s launch to the four weeks since its launch, hardware units have risen on 360 by 47 per cent, compared to just eight per cent on PS3.

However, taking all 21 weeks of 2008 into account, sales of PlayStation 3 in the UK are 10 per cent ahead of Xbox 360. Prior to the launch of GTA IV, the PS3 boasted a 20 per cent lead on 360.
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/360-consoles-outselling-ps3-since-gta-iv-launch_7

Top Bottom