• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 21, 2008

FrankT

Haze at 3, wait no that is 4 on individual formats, heh. Less than 40k week one would probably be right, maybe even less than 30. Anyhow, it will probably be free fall from here. Still amazed that many people bought it week one. Certain it will not fare well in May NPD.

Take 2/Rockstar’s ‘GTA IV’ remains in the driving seat for a fourth consecutive week, leading the All Formats Chart ahead of 3 All Formats Top 10 newcomers from 3 different publishers.

The highest new entry is MMORPG ‘Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures’ from Eidos at No2, registering the biggest launch for a PC title so far this year as well as the biggest ever launch for an online-only title outside of the ‘World of Warcraft’ franchise. Ubisoft score a new entry at No3 with ‘Haze’ on PS3, while EA’s ‘Rock Band’ on Xbox 360 debuts at No6. Three-quarters of all people who purchased the stand-alone ‘Rock Band’ game (RRP £49.99) also purchased the £129.99 priced instrument controller bundle. There are now 8 different publishers represented in the All Formats Top 10. Nintendo can only claim 2 Top 10 titles this week (‘Wii Play’ a non-mover at No5 and ‘Mario Kart Wii’ down from No3 to No8) as stock problems mean ‘Wii Fit’ slips out of the All Formats Top 40, down from last week’s No2.

womfalcs3

Banned
Goddman Wii Fit. WOW. What happened here?

EDIT: Just read the above. Okay it's all good. Should bounce back strong when supply is there.

pswii60

test_account

XP-39C²
A nice debute by Haze indeed :) Especially considering many of the medicore/bad reviews. Is Rockband the full package with drums and guitar etc.? Fifa 08 is also back for both PS2, PS3 and Xbox 360, any special reason for that? Some pricedrop or something?

EDIT: Seems like Rockband is the kit i was thinking about, thanks pswii60 :)

pswii60 said:
Higher than expected for Rock Band, given the £130+ price tag.

The chart is just for the £49 game, the instrument is not part of the listing. The news however says 75% went ahead to buy the instruments.

Can people do anything without the instrument?

pswii60

test_account said:
A good debute by Haze indeed :) Especially considering many of the medicore/bad reviews. Is Rockband the full package with drums and guitar etc.? Fifa 08 is also back for both PS2, PS3 and Xbox 360, any special reason for that? Some pricedrop or something?
It'll be the game alone or the full package including the game - it must include the actual game to be included in the chart.

Would there be any point in buying the game without the instruments though?
Keyser Soze said:
The chart is just for the £49 game, the instrument is not part of the listing. The news however says 75% went ahead to buy the instruments.

My question exactly. What would be the point in buying the game without the instruments? Does the GH controller work with it?

C4Lukins

Keyser Soze said:

My guess is that they were Guitar Hero owners already. I think you can also use the standard headset as a microphone.

test_account

XP-39C²
GarthVaderUK said:
That's a lot of money.
Ok, thanks for the info :)

pswii60 said:
It'll be the game alone or the full package including the game - it must include the actual game to be included in the chart.

Would there be any point in buying the game without the instruments though?

My question exactly. What would be the point in buying the game without the instruments? Does the GH controller work with it?
Ah ok, thanks for the info :) I think maybe the GH guitars work with Rockband as C4Lukins said.

nli10

test_account said:
? Fifa 08 is also back for both PS2, PS3 and Xbox 360, any special reason for that? Some pricedrop or something?

Annual end of FOOTBALL season price slash.

Tntnnbltn

pswii60 said:
There is no full package including the game in Europe.

3/4 of Rockband sales added the instrument set, pretty good as the game does work with the GH3 controller.

I'm not surprised Haze did well its been pimped on gamerTV for months having 3 special shows dedicated to it, certainly the marketing team done well.

test_account said:
A nice debute by Haze indeed :) Especially considering many of the medicore/bad reviews. Is Rockband the full package with drums and guitar etc.? Fifa 08 is also back for both PS2, PS3 and Xbox 360, any special reason for that? Some pricedrop or something?

EDIT: Seems like Rockband is the kit i was thinking about, thanks pswii60 :)

Considering Haze appears to be a pretty shitty game, I'd switch the ":)" smiley to a ":(" smiley ;)

nli10

test_account said:
Ok, thanks :) A price slash would make sense i guess. Fifa 09 isnt that far away either, or is it?

Usually for Xmas so I guess November?

Looks like Wii Battle of the Bands failed totally.

Wii Fit still at 16 on the Value chart despite stock issues. Word is that MK:Wii is coming in shipments and selling out immediately now and WiiFit is not being sent - the reverse of the past few weeks. Guessing this is the impact of the respective USA launches.

mabuza

Banned
Jtyettis said:
Haze at 3, wait no that is 4 on individual formats, heh. Less than 40k week one would probably be right, maybe even less than 30. Anyhow, it will probably be free fall from here. Still amazed that many people bought it week one. Certain it will not fare well in May NPD.
is it possible for a post to be this bitter? chill the fuck out will you.

felipeko

While Raist is not here:

1zgyw5i.png

UK :
TOP 40 ENTERTAINMENT SOFTWARE - INDIVIDUAL FORMATS (UNITS), WEEK ENDING 24 May 2008
01 (01) [360] Grand Theft Auto Iv (Take 2)
02 (02) [PS3] Grand Theft Auto Iv (Take 2)
03 (__) [PC] Age Of Conan: Hyborian Adventures (Eidos)
04 (__) [PS3] Haze (Ubisoft)
05 (05) [WII] Wii Play (Nintendo)
06 (__) [360] Rock Band (Electronic Arts)
07 (06) [WII] Mario & Sonic At The Olympic Games (Sega)
08 (04) [WII] Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo)
09 (07) [NDS] Dr Kawashima's Brain Training (Nintendo)
10 (10) [WII] Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 (Konami)
11 (08) [PS3] Gran Turismo 5: Prologue (Sony Computer Ent.)
12 (12) [WII] Carnival: Funfair Games (Take 2)
13 (21) [WII] Sonic And The Secret Rings (Sega)
14 (11) [NDS] High School Musical 2: Work This Out! (Disney Interactive Studios)
15 (16) [NDS] Mario & Sonic At The Olympic Games (Sega)
16 (09) [WII] Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 (Ubisoft)
17 (15) [NDS] Cooking Mama 2 (505 Games)
18 (17) [WII] Game Party (Midway)
19 (14) [360] Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (Activision)
20 (20) [NDS] More Brain Training From Dr Kawashima (Nintendo)
21 (18) [NDS] Imagine: Babies (Ubisoft)
22 (13) [WII] Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity (Sega)
23 (19) [WII] Boom Blox (Electronic Arts)
24 (__) [WII] Sega Superstars Tennis (Sega)
25 (26) [NDS] Mario Kart Ds (Nintendo)
26 (25) [NDS] New Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo)
27 (24) [NDS] 42 All-time Classics (Nintendo)
28 (__) [360] Guitar Hero Iii: Legends Of Rock (Activision)
29 (29) [WII] Guitar Hero Iii: Legends Of Rock (Activision)
30 (30) [WII] Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree (Nintendo)
31 (23) [PS3] Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (Activision)
32 (__) [PS3] Fifa 08 (Electronic Arts)
33 (37) [WII] The House Of The Dead 2 & 3 Return (Sega)
34 (32) [PSP] Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 (Konami)
35 (27) [NDS] Sight Training (Nintendo)
36 (35) [PC] Football Manager 2008 (Sega)
37 (__) [360] Fifa 08 (Electronic Arts)
38 (22) [360] Halo 3 (Microsoft)
39 (__) [PS2] Fifa 08 (Electronic Arts)
40 (03) [WII] Wii Fit (Nintendo)
DS = 10
Wii = 15
PS3 = 5
X360 = 6
PC = 2
PSP = 1
PS2 = 1

nv4pxy.png

Ireland :
TOP 20 ENTERTAINMENT SOFTWARE (ALL PRICES), WEEK ENDING 24 May 2008
01 (01) Grand Theft Auto Iv (Take 2)
02 (03) Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo)
03 (04) Mario & Sonic At The Olympic Games (Sega)
04 (02) Wii Fit (Nintendo)
05 (05) Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 (Konami)
06 (__) Age Of Conan: Hyborian Adventures (Eidos)
07 (07) New Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo)
08 (12) Fifa 08 (Electronic Arts)
09 (08) Dr Kawashima's Brain Training (Nintendo)
10 (06) Wii Play (Nintendo)
11 (__) Haze (Ubisoft)
12 (10) Iron Man: The Official Videogame (Sega)
13 (09) High School Musical 2: Work This Out! (Disney Interactive Studios)
14 (11) Ben 10: Protector Of Earth (D3p)
15 (__) Rock Band (Electronic Arts)
16 (15) Ratatouille (Thq)
17 (13) Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (Activision)
18 (19) Wwe Smackdown Vs Raw 2008 (Thq)
19 (14) Mario Kart Ds (Nintendo)
20 (__) Cooking Mama (505 Games)

I just noticed that the Wii is almost what the Wii in Japan looks like. The most games in the top 40 charts.

Jesus Christ. Nintendo's weaker markets to omne of it's strongest in less than 2 years.

titiklabingapat said:
Jesus Christ. Nintendo's weaker markets to omne of it's strongest in less than 2 years.

Yup, the UK certainly isn't a weak market for Nintendo any more what with the Wii being the top selling current gen console here.

Whooh at the drop for Wii Fit - I'm assuming that's a huge drop-off in supply rather than demand given the last couple of weeks. Can't quite believe HotD2+3 is still in there, though!

EDIT: Just to note that Pro Evo Wii is still being advertised on a regular basis on TV and I suspect this is helping keep it afloat in the top ten (of course, it being a fantastic game helps as well!)

FrankT

mabuza said:
is it possible for a post to be this bitter? chill the fuck out will you.

Mabuza this is the last time I'm warning you dude. I'm more than tired of your antics at this point.

Shiggy

Cosmonaut X said:
Whooh at the drop for Wii Fit - I'm assuming that's a huge drop-off in supply rather than demand given the last couple of weeks.

That's what Chart-Track says, right.

Stock problems mean ‘Wii Fit’ slips out of the All Formats Top 40

FrankT

mabuza said:
:lol :lol

If you have something to say please do. Your trolling is beyond the point of out of control and you should have been banned for it a very long time ago, indeed.

mabuza

Banned
Jtyettis said:
If you have something to say please do. Your trolling is beyond the point of out of control and you should have been banned for it a very long time ago, indeed.
what trolling? i'm not the one busting a nerve cell cos haze did well. :lol

Cosmonaut X said:
Whooh at the drop for Wii Fit - I'm assuming that's a huge drop-off in supply rather than demand given the last couple of weeks. Can't quite believe HotD2+3 is still in there, though!

EDIT: Just to note that Pro Evo Wii is still being advertised on a regular basis on TV and I suspect this is helping keep it afloat in the top ten (of course, it being a fantastic game helps as well!)
Just look at amazon.co.uk and see that Wii Fit is selling at a premium.

FrankT

mabuza said:

COS, what does that even mean.

:lol

chill the fuck out will you.

Busting a nerve what.

Haze did well, what? If you call maybe 30k first week well. Ok then. However, you do love to troll just about everything I have to say, so yes, yes indeed. If this game makes back what Ubi and Sony put into it then I will be highly, highly suprised. We will get a bit better picture week over week and US NPD to better catagorize this as "well." If anyone is busting a nerve it is certainly would be you. Here is one for you though, my PS3 is on atm and it is being played, amazing to you right.

Doc Evils

Jtyettis said:
Mabuza this is the last time I'm warning you dude. I'm more than tired of your antics at this point.

Jtyettis said:

Is that backseat modding I see?

nli10

essendi said:
Very surprising to see wiifit at the very bottom of the top, shortages ?

Nope - we are all thin now. Hooray!!

Actually there are shortages, see above posts for official confirmation from Chart Track. I blame America stealing our supplies due to their later launch.

pswii60

mabuza said:
mabuza, you know exactly what he's talking about. In every Too Human thread for example. And the fact that you follow certain posters around like a bad rash.
Doc Evils said:
I think he's just fed up with the fact that mabuza follows him around and quotes his posts with some lame comment every time. And just look above at the over-reacting response for an example.

The funniest thing mabuza ever did though is pretend that Gears 2 is his most anticipated game of 2008, just to make his post history look a little less suspect in a time of need.

I wonder how much was spent on Rock Band last week in the UK....I went into Ye Olde Cardiff Town last week and the demo unit of Rock Band Zavvi had set up was attracting a lot of attention. With it being half term this week I wonder how many parents will be tempted to splash out to shut the kids up for a week.

Ahh, modern parenting!

FrankT

Doc Evils said:

Try again, but I am tired of this;

pswii60 said:
mabuza, you know exactly what he's talking about. In every Too Human thread for example. And the fact that you follow certain posters around like a bad rash.

I think he's just fed up with the fact that mabuza follows him around and quotes his posts with some lame comment every time. And just look above at the over-reacting response for an example.

The funniest thing mabuza ever did though is pretend that Gears 2 is his most anticipated game of 2008, just to make his post history look a little less suspect in a time of need.

and very much close to reporting him for such. Bad rash sums it up quite nicely or perhaps personal stalker.

pswii60

Luckyman said:
Well spent money by Sony! :lol
Well, I'm sure that's how the originally got the exclusive, by agreeing to spend on the marketing. Sony's done a real good job with the marketing though, something they've always been good at here in the UK.

I should imagine the MGS4 campaign will be hitting imminently.
sionyboy said:
I wonder how much was spent on Rock Band last week in the UK....I went into Ye Olde Cardiff Town last week and the demo unit of Rock Band Zavvi had set up was attracting a lot of attention. With it being half term this week I wonder how many parents will be tempted to splash out to shut the kids up for a week.

Ahh, modern parenting!
I dunno. Guitar Hero has done alright in the UK but nothing like US levels. And I've seen loads of people playing GH 360 in Zavvi/GAME etc, but I think they just play on it but don't buy it. Not a good indicator.

Italy software

Rank / Title / System / Sales this week / LTD
05/12 - 05/18/2008:
01 GTA IV (PS3) [13.800] [124.150]
02 GTA IV (360) [9.100] [76.750]
03 Wii Fit (WII) [6.050] [83.950]
04 Wii Play (WII) [5.350] [> 63.600]
05 Cooking Mama 2 (DS) [4.000] [79.900]
06 Brain Training (DS) [3.250] [> 340.400]
07 Stelle Sul Ghiaccio (DS) [2.850] [2.850]
08 Training For Your Eyes (DS) [2.700] [> 2.700]
09 GTA San Andreas Platinum (PS2) [2.500] [> 6.800]
10 Mario Kart (WII) [2.400] [> 62.100]

Retailers sure must be loving EA right now, that's an awful lot of cash being put through their registers with Rock Band.

Really impressive for Age of Conan, so much for the death of PC gaming.

Frillen

Fuzz Rez said:
Sega is still on a roll in UK. And WiiFit took good dive but I guess that's supply related problem.

Nope you will never ever see the game on the charts again. Count on it. Wii-Fit is a prime example of a front loaded game, even more so than Dragon Quest in Japan.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Jesus Christ @ Rock Band.

I almost had a heart attack when I walked in to a store at the weekend and saw the £179.98 price tag for myself.

Top Bottom