• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda Wii-U Shown at Nintendo Digital Event ["2015"]

Jobbs

Banned
You are seeing what you want to see.

$10 Paypal to the first taker says this is a girl (if it's selectable gender I also win). Money and mouth together.

(assuming such a gentleman's wager isn't against neogaf rules or something, in which case disregard)

iCzpoGr.jpg

Damn isn't she cute?

Oh wow. That picture is very convincing for the female argument. Smaller waist and all.

Edit: what if there is a male and female version where the differences are subtle? Like same face.

Amir0x

Banned
ALBW was awesome again, so there is good reason for hope.

I honestly wasn't a huge fan of that one either, although it was a big improvement from those three for sure. I'd give it an 8.0 or something.

Let me requalify that. I wasn't a huge fan in the context of how big of a fan I am of other Zelda games. It was still a good game.

Leatherface

That video looked absolutely gorgeous.

I fully expect this to be delayed to 2016 or 17 though.

This needs to come out STAT if Nintendo want's it's console to survive. A system seller is an absolute must. Puhreaaaase Nintendo. Align all your resources into getting this game done well and out into our grubby paws NO later than 2015!!

weevles

So will this be Skyrim levels of open-worldness? I'm pretty excited, but too much Zelda did wear me down in Twilight Princess. :p

Rich!

So will this be Skyrim levels of open-worldness? I'm pretty excited, but too much Zelda did wear me down in Twilight Princess. :p

Twilight Princess was a huge world that had absolutely fucking nothing to do in it.

This hopefully wont be. This looks like, hopefully, a return to the exploration the series originally had.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Stunning beautiful. Exactly how I imagined it when I talked in one of those recent threads how next zelda should expand on the artstyle of Skyward Sword.

Cincaid

If it looks anything close to that when released, I'll buy this (along with a WiiU) day one.

And I'm saying this as someone who thought he'd never ever buy a WiiU.

Violet_0

Banned
$10 Paypal to the first taker says this is a girl (if it's selectable gender I also win). Money and mouth together.

(assuming such a gentleman's wager isn't against neogaf rules or something, in which case disregard)

heh I'd take you up on that. I wish we would get a female Link though

Neiteio

I honestly wasn't a huge fan of that one either, although it was a big improvement from those three for sure. I'd give it an 8.0 or something.

Let me requalify that. I wasn't a huge fan in the context of how big of a fan I am of other Zelda games. It was still a good game.
I can see how ALBW might not be everyone's cup of tea, but for me it was like Walter White's meth -- 99.1 percent pure gameplay, feedback, flow, pacing, etc. And I didn't really care for ALttP, so I was surprised, to say the least. :)

Not

Banned
Oh wow. That picture is very convincing for the female argument. Smaller waist and all.

Edit: what if there is a male and female version where the differences are subtle? Like same face.

shopped.

I wish it weren't :(

Hgz7UNU.jpg

Probably beaten but I don't care

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Silly idea - what if it's actually Link's sister, Aryll from Wind Waker. And Link and Aryll are a team of adventurers in this.

In a previous Nintendo direct, Aonuma did say one expectation of Zelda to change is that you'd always be playing alone...

Please be a girl, pleeease. I don't much care for anything else on the Wii U but i will buy it if i can play Femlink with it.

Oh god, please. Please Ninty, please.

BuggyMike

Looking at the pictures it definitely looks like Zelda as much as I didn't want it to be. But thinking about it, it could be a really cool, just ultimately allow me to play as Link and I'm happy. It could be cool to play from both Link's and Zelda POVs. I doubt Aonuma would only allow you to play as Zelda as it would upset a lot of fans. But playing as both link and zelda could work.

Zomba13

To all the people who think it's a lady link/Zelda, why would Nintendo not mention it or acknowledge it at all? If they weren't going to say it but instead show it they would make it more obvious. It's not like they kept the character in the cloak to make you guess who the character was, the cloak came off, Link jumped up with his bow and it's Link, just before the tunic (think PJs WW link or farm boy TP Link).

EVOL 100%

Yeah going with female Link/different character/customization/whatever

Even for Japan's standards that Link looks incredibly feminine, even without the 'shop

Architect

Neo Member
I have my doubts whether the open world graphics will look as good come release time.

Love the art style and general concept though.

Yeah, look at those eyelashes. Even the feminine-looking male characters from Japanese games don't have those eyelashes.

great, look what you've done neogaf.
by tomorrow you will have photoshopped these images so much that link will look like a grazia magazine cover model, and once you have kotaku and ign will claim they have a new leaked image and write a story about it.

Top Bottom