• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII confirmed for Xbox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
inertiatic said:
Sincerely, E3 is, and at this rate it will always be, meltdown time.

So, this little megaton dropped, and 360 owners rejoiced.

Why should a PS3 owner care? They're getting it anyways. There's no need for Sony to redeem themselves. There's no need for a FFVII remake, as much as you'd love it. I, for one, would rather see other projects instead of watching S-E milk an 11 years old game that bears significant nostalgic value.
It's more of a frustration thing. Believe it or not, I only bought my my fat, loud PS2 for FF13. Talk about this Uncharted, TRICO, God of War 3 bullshit all you want, I don't care. And since Sony can't keep the hardware the same for more than three minutes, it's just a continual string of annoyances with a product I purchased for recreation. Sure, I can and will get it for the PS3, but I don't need the PS3 anymore and since I had to pay my own cash money to get it, that's annoying.

This isn't a huge deal or anything just kinda, damn. I could have had some other stuff I would have used more instead.

nib95

Banned
Dot50Cal said:
FYOVXYogh.jpg

Sorta formed 3 posts into one, but they were right after one another :lol

:lol :lol :lol

Xisiqomelir

Megaton total. I admit I'm quite amazed (though I shouldn't be, considering this is Wada). I guess this explains the geological pace of development too?

AndresON777

shooting blanks
ShockingAlberto said:
what kind of mouthbreather buys a system for one game years before the game is set to be released

I bought a 60 gig ps3 at launch for mgs4. It took a while but it did not disappoint.

Onix said:
Don't worry Amir0x ... when the FF VII remake is shown/announced tomorrow ... you'll be back on the bandwagon :p

Its going to take alot more than a reveal of a remake (that we all know was coming) to top the announcement of FF13 for 360, on any level.

Kipz

massive bear, tiny salmon
Wow, guess I'm buying a 360 then. Final Fantasy was really the only thing which was going to take me from the PC.

Amir0x

Banned
Onix said:
Don't worry Amir0x ... when the FF VII remake is shown/announced tomorrow ... you'll be back on the bandwagon :p

and FFVII remake will have me on a bandwagon

sure it'll just be ported anyway!

$1148 Jack said:
Geez, this gets me everytime. I own a PS3 and no 360 but the way some of you fanboys carry on is atrocious. So what if the game is on 360? How in any way will this affect your enjoyment of the title? Absolutely none whatsoever!

Crying and saying betrayalton *lol* really confuses me. Sure SE made some claims in the past about being exclusive and what have you but they are a business. 3rd party games will generally make more money on multiple platforms. Again, how does this affect your enjoyment of the title?!

Sony am doomed and all that talk is crazy too. One franchise goes multiplatform and it's all over? Come the fuck on. Ah GAF, hyperbole in excess!

Just be glad that our fellow gamers and 360 only owners now get to play a (hopefully) great game.

EDIT: Okay, I admit that these meltdowns are quite funny. Carry on.

It's GAF. The rest of the internet right now isn't too different either.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I love how FF13 = PS3 has reason to exist and now no FF13 means no raison d'etre for PS3. Fold the cards!

Devastating loss for Sony (though perhaps not all that unforseen?), but man, I just don't dig that smug brand of aggressive trolling. Mebbe have a lil more fun wid vidyogames.

Pellham

Banned
I'm definately not surprised by this news.

If FF13 had just come out on PS3, next year, it would have been the lowest selling FF game in years (excluding FF11 for obvious reasons). Adding it to the 360 userbase will now ensure it has a decent chance of hitting FF's usual multi-platinum numbers worldwide.

jacf29

Banned
Was there any word on what the main platform for developing FFXIII will be? Will it be based on PS3 then ported to 360? Or the other way around?

rakka

jacf29 said:
Was there any word on what the main platform for developing FFXIII will be? Will it be based on PS3 then ported to 360? Or the other way around?
you act as if the game's just started development. you were born yesterday?

pc, btw.

Syntek

FFXIII exclusive JPN launch in 2009, "International" Subtitled FFXIII US launch at the same time (text localization only). Full localization/port begins, FFXIII official relaunch PS3/360 half or 1 year later, with additional items/summons and the usual crap. That's pretty much the only way Sony can dig themselves out of this epic mess, by pushing for a partially localized "preview" version to launch the same time as the JPN version.

jacf29

Banned
disappeared said:
It's GAF. The rest of the internet right now isn't too different either.

I think a lot of the concern from these fanboys is because of the thought process that because it is now multiplatform, it will therefore look worse than if it was just on one system. Whether that's true or not I don't know.

Ventron

I only clicked on a random page number in this thread and still managed to see many hilarious meltdowns. :lol This thread needs a "best-of" post, or at least an archiving.

FrankT

rakka said:
partition online

233. Chad Wardenn Whats this BUUULLSHIIT? Dat shiiitty 360 gettin' mah triple gamez? Aw hell naw!

199. Giant Enemy Crab *Flips Over

20. Kaz Harai Signed. We need the PS3 to be more than a Blu-Ray player dammit

143. KKLEIN EVERYONE AT GAMESRADAR IS ANGRY ABOUT THIS. YEAH.

:lol

Y2Kev said:
I love how FF13 = PS3 has reason to exist and now no FF13 means no raison d'etre for PS3. Fold the cards!

Devastating loss for Sony (though perhaps not all that unforseen?), but man, I just don't dig that smug brand of aggressive trolling. Mebbe have a lil more fun wid vidyogames.

What are you? Some kind of peacemaker?

Seriously though, I'm sure there will be a calm after the storm.

besada

Banned
h3ro said:
NOT COOL.

Do these "artists" even know that Shiva in Final Fantasy isn't the Hindu God Shiva? I'm sure all you guys will mock my post but just because a religion isn't "mainstream" doesn't mean its rife for parody. Ugh.

Hi, welcome to GAF where we mock even the most mainstream religions. Also, hinduism isn't mainstream? A sixth of the planet's population are Hindu and get no special dispensation from mockery.

RSLAEV

h3ro said:
NOT COOL.

Do these "artists" even know that Shiva in Final Fantasy isn't the Hindu God Shiva? I'm sure all you guys will mock my post but just because a religion isn't "mainstream" doesn't mean its rife for parody. Ugh.

Did you... I mean did you seriously post this?

Add in the fact we'll be able to download FFXIII onto our Xbox 360's, and play the entire game without swapping discs, and less load time than the PS3 version..........

:)

Why do we need Blu-Ray again?

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Mr Killemgood said:
Add in the fact we'll be able to download FFXIII onto our Xbox 360's, and play the entire game without swapping discs, and less load time than the PS3 version..........

:)

Why do we need Blu-Ray again?
So you don't take up 25-50 gigs on your harddrive and spend hours installing it?

Square-Enix you have provided no end of entertainment on message boards all across the interwebs with your DQIX to DS and multiplatform release of Final Fantasy XIII have provided. I thank you.

This is absolutely crazy, I expected some interesdting announcements when I got back home from work, but not this! Wow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom