• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII confirmed for Xbox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

xabre

Banned
Oh wow, just saw the news. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to buy a new Final Fantasy game Squenix. Nice work.

rhino4evr

I don't think Sony is doomed mainly because it seems that PS3 Japan will maintain an exclusive of FFXIII while Sony localizes it for the US market. Based on past games thats at least 6 months, maybe even a year. By then the Japanese buying public will have already purchased it for PS3.

Now as far as the US and Europe go, yeah the PS3 is in big trouble. I think Sony's only saving grace is the BluRay player, which is growing, but tracking much lower then Dvd did. A lot of folks are buying PS3 just for the Blu-Ray, those arent the folks that are buying God of War III or Ico III.

So it looks like Microsoft wins this generation (of HD consoles), but Japan could still save the company from going the way of Sega.

It's going to be REAL interesting to see what Sony comes up with tomorrow.

Nintendo are on there own playing field, they just need to keep filling shelves to stay on top.

Tabris

Well I can't say I'm disappointed because I own both consoles and the game is coming out to both so I can pick the best game out of the two, so directly this doesn't affect me, but indirectly it causes the following problems:

1) Takes away from development time on either FFXIII itself or if being done during translation period as said, then taken away from other games.

2) This means that the only chance for the PS3 to begin selling well in all territories is to continue being the top media device and maybe it can start a PSP-like rebirth in a year or two. FFXIII won't increase hardware sales as much as the market will now be splintered. So what that means is actually less chance of traditional RPGs as the PS3 won't be successful so that leaves the Wii as the top choice for RPG development and Wii development means marketing to it's customer base (non traditional, "kawaii" style, low presentation games). The only possible game to save the console outside a PSP-like save is FFVIIremake.

3) I have to listen to fanboys use this against me. Honestly though, I'm just happy Nintendo didn't get the game as I wouldn't stop hearing it as Nintendo fanboys are horrific (Microsoft fanboys don't really exist, they are more just normal gamers who own 360's and want games on their console, not some kind of agenda-ridden nintendo fanbots)

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Tabris said:
Well I can't say I'm disappointed because I own both consoles and the game is coming out to both so I can pick the best game out of the two, so directly this doesn't affect me, but indirectly it causes the following problems:

1) Takes away from development time on either FFXIII itself or if being done during translation period as said, then taken away from other games.

2) This means that the only chance for the PS3 to begin selling well in all territories is to continue being the top media device and maybe it can start a PSP-like rebirth in a year or two. FFXIII won't increase hardware sales as much as the market will now be splintered. So what that means is actually less chance of traditional RPGs as the PS3 won't be successful so that leaves the Wii as the top choice for RPG development and Wii development means marketing to it's customer base (non traditional, "kawaii" style, low presentation games). The only possible game to save the console outside a PSP-like save is FFVIIremake.

3) I have to listen to fanboys use this against me. Honestly though, I'm just happy Nintendo didn't get the game as I wouldn't stop hearing it as Nintendo fanboys are horrific (Microsoft fanboys don't really exist, they are more just normal gamers who own 360's and want games on their console, not some kind of agenda-ridden nintendo fanbots)
*Looks around thread*

What?

Quasar

derder said:
This reminds me of the Warner Blu-Ray announcement. I wonder what the presentation is going to be like tomorrow.

Well...if GTA4 failed to sell hardware in the U.S., I find it hard to believe this would have.

Dot50Cal

Banned
Tabris said:

You disappoint me. You could have been number 4 today :(

ZeoVGM

Banned
Tabris said:

Have you uh.. seen any of the Sony fanboys today?

Edit: There are at least three people in this thread, including myself, who rememebrs that song from the Power Rangers movie?

Wow.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
traveler said:
Wait- it wasn't intentional? :lol

Edit: Wow, that was a markedly calm and reasonable Tabris post. Who da thunk it?

how could it not be? they had the trailer queued up for chirssakes and the mattrick guy was laughing

zoku88

JasonUresti said:
Wada was asked this question, and said that its still undecided if they will put FFXIII on PC.
That's just like saying 'maybe'

And you know what they say, maybe is just a baby that needs to be cradled into it turns into a 'yes'!

;)

Ventron

Tabris said:

Uhh.... what?

Quasar

JasonUresti said:
Wada was asked this question, and said that its still undecided if they will put FFXIII on PC.

Which is bizarre. When you already have it on PC it seems like a no-brainer to release it.

rhino4evr

also..besides the Gears and Fallout footage, the Microsoft press conference was terrible. The eye toy stuff was just embarrassing. I have a feeling if MS didn't announce FFXIII, the entire board would be filled with videos of MS execs dancing, or whatever they were doing.

That being said, I think Gears and Fallout are my two most anticipated games of the year.

JasonUresti said:
:O

Well, if it comes out on PC - and the port is good... You get the idea. :D

So, will the Playstation 3 version be coming out in the United States as well?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
rhino4evr said:
I don't think Sony is doomed mainly because it seems that PS3 Japan will maintain an exclusive of FFXIII while Sony localizes it for the US market. Based on past games thats at least 6 months, maybe even a year. By then the Japanese buying public will have already purchased it for PS3.

Now as far as the US and Europe go, yeah the PS3 is in big trouble. I think Sony's only saving grace is the BluRay player, which is growing, but tracking much lower then Dvd did. A lot of folks are buying PS3 just for the Blu-Ray, those arent the folks that are buying God of War III or Ico III.

So it looks like Microsoft wins this generation (of HD consoles), but Japan could still save the company from going the way of Sega.

It's going to be REAL interesting to see what Sony comes up with tomorrow.

Nintendo are on there own playing field, they just need to keep filling shelves to stay on top.

Yes, because you know, the Xbox is doing so well in Europe :lol . And hey, in America? Well, they're selling about equal. I don't think anyone's doomed here.

Syntek

Mr Killemgood said:
Add in the fact we'll be able to download FFXIII onto our Xbox 360's, and play the entire game without swapping discs, and less load time than the PS3 version..........

:)

Why do we need Blu-Ray again?

Exactly, MS only charges 2x markup on their hard drives, it's such a great deal compared to blu-ray right?

Rpgmonkey

I hope tomorrow is just as good, this was fun. Didn't read every post, but there were some good ones here and there. :lol

But seriously, if this is the biggest announcement for this year's show I'll be pretty disappointed personally...

Tabris

Well maybe they're bad in this thread but usually microsoft fans are calm gamers.

Anyways, Final Fantasy VII Remake! Wait for it.

Terrell

Tabris said:

Arc Rise Fantasia called. It asked you to STFU.

Kagari said:
Yes, because you know, the Xbox is doing so well in Europe :lol . And hey, in America? Well, they're selling about equal. I don't think anyone's doomed here.
Except maybe, y'know, Square Enix. If they felt a necessity to port it to Xbox 360, you know that they're worried about the massive financial crippling this game will create for them.

rhino4evr

Kagari said:

not doomed, just unable to beat out the 360.

snoopers

I am multitalented
Offscreen (true) 720p deghosted version of the trailer :)

(Already posted in the trailer topic but hey, 720p!!!§§§)

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_6792.html

1185_0019.jpg

Meh, while I can see it being megaton to some...it's just an eyebrow raiser for me....

had it been claimed to be timed exclusive or exclusive to 360, then yea, that would have been the megaton of megatons.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Tabris said:
Well maybe they're bad in this thread but usually microsoft fans are calm gamers.

:lol

There is little Sony can do to beat this, unless FF7 is announced. Granted, it wont be effective at all because we wont see the damn game until 2012.

traveler

Not Wario
rhino4evr said:
also..besides the Gears and Fallout footage, the Microsoft press conference was terrible. The eye toy stuff was just embarrassing. I have a feeling if MS didn't announce FFXIII, the entire board would be filled with videos of MS execs dancing, or whatever they were doing.

That being said, I think Gears and Fallout are my two most anticipated games of the year.

I don't think it was terrible by any means, but, yeah, after I had finished reading everything and the OMG factor had passed over FFXIII, I was left kinda wondering where all the new game announcements were. (And where was the GTAIV DLC? SC: Conviction? Alan Wake?)

Blader

traveler said:
I don't think it was terrible by any means, but, yeah, after I had finished reading everything and the OMG factor had passed over FFXIII, I was left kinda wondering where all the new game announcements were. (And where was the GTAIV DLC? SC: Conviction? Alan Wake?)

Rockstar never brings stuff to E3, and we knew going into this week that neither Splinter Cell nor Alan Wake would be there.

I don't see the big deal about the lack of new game announcements since there's way too many great games coming out just this year already.

jaundicejuice said:
Square-Enix you have provided no end of entertainment on message boards all across the interwebs with your DQIX to DS and multiplatform release of Final Fantasy XIII have provided. I thank you.

This is absolutely crazy, I expected some interesdting announcements when I got back home from work, but not this! Wow

Even on the odd chance I don't find I enjoy the game playing it, this will make it worth it.

FrankT

Kagari said:

Just for the record, the 360 has outsold the original in the UK, in a shorter amount of time and at a price point differential. So whatever you may believe, they have made progress in one of the biggest pieces of the pie their, and I’m sure if they keep this up this gen they will do just fine indeed.

Tabris

Hcoregamer00 said:
:lol

There is little Sony can do to beat this, unless FF7 is announced. Granted, it wont be effective at all because we wont see the damn game until 2012.

If I was Sony, I would fund Square Enix's development of the game.

Kafel

Banned
Pretty good news.

Not only for FFXIII itself but S-E investing even more in the 360 will give a signal to other JRPG developers to do the same.

jeremy1456

Tabris said:

Compared to what?

You? Yes.

Sony fans and Nintendo fans? They're all about the same.

nib95

Banned
traveler said:

That's what I said. There was really very little to the conference outside of the FFXIII announcement (which means little to me as a multi-platform gamer). I wanted to hear about the lost exclusives (SC Conviction, Alan Wake), or new one's (Bungie? ME2? Bizzare?). I wanted to know what I'd be playing the beginning half of 09 (not just Fall 08). It's exclusives that separate consoles from one another, so while multiplatform titles are great, it's the exclusives that really shout. And the MS conference really lacked anything new in that regard.

Take out the FFXIII announcement, and what do you have? A casual centric conference with little new info and no new IP's or exclusive games shown outside of Lips.

nestea

I think it would be classy if Bill Gates walked out on Sony's E3 presentation and signed a contract for God of War 3, like in professional wrestling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom