• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2014 Fighting Game Tournament of the Year July 11th - 13th

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbug617

Banned
I'm really curious to what Nintendo will do at EVO

no idea tho, a trailer would be cool

One of the Cannons on Ultrachen just says that sponsorship from Nintendo just means Nintendo gave EVO their blessings to run Smash. He could be just saying that though

AAK

Sooo, JDCR has just been sighted at EVO. Well... looks like it's just going to be a battle for second place in Tekken.

AAK

iPxnsBQeLHHj8.jpg

Dahbomb

What would hit harder, Justin Wong not making it out of pools, or Justin winning the whole thing with Magneto, Doom, Vergil?
Justin not making it out of pools.

I would be very interested in seeing his Zero/Doom/Vergil (that's his pocket top tier scumbag team).

soakrates

Wait, JDCR is in the tournament then? On the last ATP Live they went through all the Evo brackets and I don't recall seeing or hearing his name.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Anyone else wish that the evo finals were played on a couple of cabs?

Seeing a couple of guys sat cross legged on the floor or on a chairs with their little arcade sticks ...

... compared to some vewlixes centre stage, that would be awesome;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xozgCHUhbuY

I think that's how the Japanese tournaments are done.
I prefer side-by-side on a single monitor. It's how I play in casual sessions and in pool matches, and I like it when the main stage sticks to the same format.

We'll probably just get new/returning characters confirmed. Captain Falcon and Jigglypuff, I hope.

I will be floored if Pokken gets revealed. That seems like something they would save for E3.

I'm hoping Falcon and Ice Climbers or Ness

And honestly, Pokken seems great to announce at Evo

soakrates

True strategists register fake names so no one will scout them in advance ;)
I can respect that, but I'm not sure how it would work in his case because he's already one of the most well-known and widely watched Tekken players. Maybe he just wanted to keep a low profile for the surprise factor. Cool that he's in, either way.

soakrates

Does anyone know how late they're doing badge pickup tonight? I don't want to be stuck in line when the SC2 tourney starts tomorrow.

Pappasman

A bunch of us are hanging out at the cafe across from the general store in the lobby. Come say hi and hang out, maybe we can all and grab a bite to eat.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
My boy Bronson "Insane Lee" Tran will take TTT2

And regarding Ultra? PR Rog... or Kazunoko

BY2K

Membero Americo
Someone scout the brackets to see if the Treehouse folks are in the Melee tournament

Then we'll know

Pretty sure Nintendo employee can't participate in the Melee tournament. Just like any employee cannot participate in a contest/competition that involves their employer.

That's why Combofiend can't play Marvel no more in majors... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom