• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2015 - The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year - July 17-19th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban Puncher

As crazy as it is, there are a lot of people that likes this game and it only got less entrance than USF IV.

I think it's a pretty fun game but a chore to watch anyone play it.

The Melee community is full of crazy people who still lug around CRT's like they are going to a mid 90's LAN.

Don't forget the Jolt Cola!

The YouTube EVO channel has began to upload the smash 4 matches. Here's the grand finals.

http://youtu.be/JrxZaPGlMh4

I'm not sure if it's just me but the audio to me seems really wrong and isn't matching the gameplay or what's on screen like it normally would. I began to notice it about 10-11 minutes in.

Gsnap

Wow. Bunch of mindless hatred in this thread. I mean, yeah I wish the smash community would embrace custom moves and not be so ban happy but geez. Bitching about how people still enjoy a game despite it being old? That's just dumb.

Skab

On the subject of Melee, could someone more familiar with the scene explain to me why the game is play as 4 stock, 8 min matches? That shit takes absolutely forever.

Why not knock it down to something like 3 stock, 5 mins?

Cyrano

Why do you prefer to watch new Smash?
Honestly? I couldn't tell you. It's just more fun to watch. Maybe character variety, maybe new visuals, maybe things being visually clearer (easier to see moves) - but these are all just guesses, for the moment.

Still, I'm also a person who loves watching competitive Catherine and Skullgirls, so maybe take my appreciation with a grain of salt - not a hardcore smash player.

Ban Puncher

Wow. Bunch of mindless hatred in this thread. I mean, yeah I wish the smash community would embrace custom moves and not be so ban happy but geez. Bitching about how people still enjoy a game despite it being old? That's just dumb.

This is what letting Melee into your life does - turns you into humourless husk. The body is unable to process fun, now only able to survive on a diet of salt and Fox McCloud.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
My only good experience watching Smash 4 so far is seeing Abadango play Pacman.

I prefer melee otherwise.

DNAbro

On the subject of Melee, could someone more familiar with the scene explain to me why the game is play as 4 stock, 8 min matches? That shit takes absolutely forever.

Why not knock it down to something like 3 stock, 5 mins?

8 minute matches are incredibly rare. average matches are like 3-5 minutes.

Gsnap

This is what letting Melee into your life does - turns you into humourless husk. The body is unable to process fun, now only able to survive on a diet of salt and Fox McCloud.

Bah.

I actually prefer smash4 to melee. But I get tired of people constantly putting the games down

And I mean all of them. Melee people hating on smash4. Fgc people hating on all smash. Smash people hating on the fgc. It bores me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom