• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2013 Fighting game championship of the World July 12th - 14th

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadWolf

The only game I definitely see *not* coming back next year is MK9. It's pretty much run its course, and it basically has a replacement.

Can't really say anything one way or the other on the rest since I don't know enough about what's coming out in the next year and what existing games they would tend to replace.

SFXT I think has a chance of being dropped.

It didn't have much hype around it (watched some of the top 8 and it was a snore) and there's the fact that it's street fighter characters are going to be in SF4 now.

In terms of entertainment AE and KOF have easily been the most fun so far. Melee seems to be doing well too but I don't follow that game so can't say for sure.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.

It didn't have much hype around it (watched some of the top 8 and it was a snore) and there's the fact that its street fighter characters are going to be in SF4 now.
If the participant numbers drop off, I agree, but it just draws too many entrants right now to justify being high on the chopping block imo.

Tizoc

It didn't have much hype around it (watched some of the top 8 and it was a snore) and there's the fact that it's street fighter characters are going to be in SF4 now.

Yeah SFxT prob. won't be there next year. This year the Karastorm stream had as much viewers as the SF2 ST stream.
I personally enjoyed the SFxT matches for the most part.

Omnicent

Just got up and getting caught up from last nights events.

My body is ready for today. I'm super hyped for smash after yesterday (made #1 on my evo hype list followed by AE and then mahvel). I'm putting all my bucks on wobbles, all of it. I don't even care anymore.

Marvel I'm still expecting champ or chris to take it, but it should be hype all the way to GF.

AE.... I might have to bail if it's to late. I should have taken Monday off considering what happened last year.

Smash only got in due to the donation drive. If new Smash comes out next year (I don't know the release date)- that has a chance. That would be an oversight on my part. I often forget Smash exists until I see and smell it in person at a major. ^_^

The thing is, after the turn-out and hype this year (I don't watch Smash but you could certainly always hear the screaming in the background of other streams) as long as they can clear it with Nintendo again I think they'd be crazy not to ask them back, Wii U version or not.

LordJim

How many entrants did each game get?

1. SSF4 AE v2012 - 1,601 players
2. UMvC3 - 1,297 players
3. Smash - 696 players
4. Injustice - 582 players
5. SFxT - 545 players
6. KoF13 - 433 players
7. P4A - 400 players
8. TTT2 - 355 players
9. MK9 - 233 players

I don't think NRS moneyhatted MK9 in, I think it got in largely on its attendance at fall 2012 majors (it did very well at NEC).

Injustice I think will get in moneyhat or not. The only game I can see getting and needing a moneyhat in would be DOA5U.

KI, I just think the FGC is going to be so anti-Xbone that the game isn't going to get much of a chance, especially if it gets a bad first impression, which I also expect to happen.

I think BBCP will do better than people expect , given the drought of games, it being a good game, and EVO wishing for an anime game. Injustice is a near-lock, I almost put it as a lock, but I could see the game being abadoned as well.

The one thing that could hurt BBCP is its release date if it's the same time as AE2014.

As for Skullgirls- there's genuine love/respect for the game out there, and it's American developed. If any sort of tourney scene develops from the PC version and support, it will make it. It's going to get every benefit of the doubt next year. (you crazy Skullgirls folks are going to have to show up to tournies though, even though I absolutely suck at the game, I'll enter it at TFC and go 2 and out)
I wish I had half the optimism you do.

Revven

I can't wait for today. I'm literally shaking at what will happen in each game. Armada in loser's with Mango also in loser's who is KNOWN for making a train in loser's brackets time and time again. KoF13 with the CafeID players, Injustice and Chris G hopefully someone takes him out, Marvel and Chris G in loser's, and AE with PR Balrog representing the US.

Going to be one hell of a day.

Sblargh

Banned
Hey, what are some good gaming pads that work on PC?
I used to be all right with the dual shock, but since I'll be playing on the PC now, might as well buy something that supports it directly.

jett

D-Member
2. UMvC3 - 1,297 players
3. Smash - 696 players
5. SFxT - 545 players
6. KoF13 - 433 players
7. P4A - 400 players
8. TTT2 - 355 players
9. MK9 - 233 players

Pretty interesting, thanks. Smash may become a mainstay of Evo after this year.

Anth0ny

2. UMvC3 - 1,297 players
3. Smash - 696 players
5. SFxT - 545 players
6. KoF13 - 433 players
7. P4A - 400 players
8. TTT2 - 355 players
9. MK9 - 233 players

numbers don't lie. melee deserves to be there next year ^_^

just wait til top 8 today, too... oh boy

Much as I love watching SF4 and Marvel, I am purely here for Smash Bros, it's all i've been watching this weekend and it's great, a fresh fighting experience and I hope the new Wii U version takes notes and make's it rather competitive and less random.

When's marvel? Updates on the brackets? Who's in winners and losers?

I'm working again today so I can't watch the stream til 4.

I heard Yipes got bodied by someone rocking Phoenix Wright and got put into loser's. That's sad as hell.

Revven

Hungrybox (Jigglypuff Smash top player) actually spoke to Chris G on this stream last night at around 8 hours and 16 minutes (so basically at the way end).

If you wanna hear how Chris G was convinced to play Marvel and also how he feels after playing it, have a look.

Westlo

going through archives for marvel qrts/semis now, no idea who qualifies, lmao @ the fucking swag this Denial Danke has against Infrit, just fucking swaggin all over him, up 2-0 at this point lol.

Grzi

I don't watch a lot of Marvel but I enjoy some hype matches from time to time. Are there any notable matches from yesterday I should check out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom