• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2016 Fighting Game Chamionship Tournament of the Year - July 15th - 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair play to Joe for doing as well as he did. I find it hard to root for US players due to the obnoxious nature of their fans but if anyone was going to go far in this tournament, I'm glad it was Joe. Well played, sir.

GoIchi ftw!

Ploid 3.0

I wonder how Capcom's SFV Rise UP commercial will look with clips from this evo, probably something for Capcom Cup in December.

Hearing Mike Ross play by play with S Kill on my TV and then Gootecks doing post-match interviews holding an ESPN microphone is tripping me out. In a good way.

My girlfriend, who has no idea what the fuck is happening on the tv, thinks LI Joe won. I won't tell her any different and I don't blame her for thinking that.

p3n

Stream is so bad this year I don't even...no audio for interviews, horrible audio for commentators, empty breaks everywhere. Trying to fit into a dying format on ESPN seems to hurt more than it benefits them. Farewell, EVO-US.

People keep saying this but what top game here hasn't this happened in? Its diverse because leading up to this there was tons of different characters.

Melee? Grand Finals was Fox Vs Jiggs. Winners Finals was Peach vs Sheik. Losers Finals Sheik vs Jiggs. Matches leading to top 8 had Falcon vs Falco. Marth vs Fox. Marth vs Peach etc.

Mike Ross and Seth Killian looking sharp.
I can barely hear Gootecks on the Twitch stream, but its fine on ESPN. There's also the delay on Twitch too.

Daouzin

Melee? Grand Finals was Fox Vs Jiggs. Winners Finals was Peach vs Sheik. Losers Finals Sheik vs Jiggs. Matches leading to top 8 had Falcon vs Falco. Marth vs Fox. Marth vs Peach etc.

Yeah Melee always has 7-8 characters in top 8. Enough good players play a variety of characters that's there's always diversity. The usual 5-6 suspects then a Pikachu, ice climbers, Samus or Falcon.

Yes. There's no translators in the Usa

I know you're being sarcastic but Fubarduck is actually sitting with the Japanese players. So they could have done a quick interview with one of them but obviously they just don't feel like it I guess. It's a bit rude IMO to not give some air time to the internationals but I get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom