• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Fragile (Wii) characters and screens!

dionysus

Yaldog
Character designs don't jive with the atmosphere of the environments. I'll have to wait to see if the contrast is thematic or if it's an annoying incongruity.

ivysaur12

Banned
duckroll said:
I'm not really seeing the "wow" here you know. The lighting is looking worse and worse, which is really worrying. Just compare any of the earlier screens where there's no UI, with any of the newer screens with UI. The art direction is really interesting, but I'm not feeling the game at all honestly. The more I see of it, the less interested I am in it.

Really? The game still looks incredible. I don't know what's up with the lighting, but in some shots it doesn't even look like the flashlight is on.

It's from tri-Crescendo and the Venus & Braves team. It's going to be good. Too bad their publisher sucks.

duckroll said:
I'm not really seeing the "wow" here you know. The lighting is looking worse and worse, which is really worrying. Just compare any of the earlier screens where there's no UI, with any of the newer screens with UI. The art direction is really interesting, but I'm not feeling the game at all honestly. The more I see of it, the less interested I am in it.
IDK about. I myself fond the early screens "Interesting" but the hard light of the FlashLight gave me the impression that it wouldn't really have the "feel" I was lookng forward to.

I prefer the newer screens to the older ones like in this case. .
http://usera.imagecave.com/pitt_norton/old.jpg

http://i35.tinypic.com/w8438x.jpg

Cosmozone

Wat. The character designs fit perfectly. As for the lighting, get hyped for The Conduit instead if you like that better, lol. Honestly, I wouldn't worry too much about that. The older shots are still there and many of the new ones look as good as them.

Also, I demand the content of the official site and the developer blog to be fully translated! (p-please)

harSon

Banned
duckroll said:
Seems that your backpack talks, like some voiced computer guidance system.

Dora-backpack-map.jpg

Dolphin

Banned
Cosmozone said:
Wat. The character designs fit perfectly. As for the lighting, get hyped for The Conduit instead if you like that better, lol. Honestly, I wouldn't worry too much about that. The older shots are still there and many of the new ones look as good as them.
The protagonist fits, the enemies are ridiculous. I'm not sure what exactly the gameplay is like, but I imagined the game being mostly exploration and some sort of mystery solving--not "ZOMG JELLY, ZAP WITH MAGIC."

Cosmozone

I already wondered about them. The shots with enemies in them where a little strange. I don't quite feel the fighting in this game yet. That half-bodies are somewhat creepy, though. Hopefully, the enemies will appear at the official site.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
USD said:
080627_fragile_02_sai.jpg

"I'm injured, but wearing protective clothing is the last thing on my mind."

Uuuuh...I think that might be a ghost, dude.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Nice shots! Although, it has finally occured to me that all shots thus far have been 4:3. I really hope this game is 16:9 (why the hell wouldn't you be 16:9 in 2008?!), but I'm getting the feeling it won't be.

Really hope this turns out to be a good game.

d+pad

ivysaur12 said:
Really? The game still looks incredible. I don't know what's up with the lighting, but in some shots it doesn't even look like the flashlight is on.

I'm wondering if the flashlight doesn't lose power the more you use it, as it would in real life (batteries winding down and all that)?

Anyway, looks great to me. Will pick this up day 1 if it makes it to NA.

Arde5643

d+pad said:
I'm wondering if the flashlight doesn't lose power the more you use it, as it would in real life (batteries winding down and all that)?

Anyway, looks great to me. Will pick this up day 1 if it makes it to NA.
Hopefully not - that will be pretty annoying for a game based on exploration.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Who is actually developing this?

I worry that the screens are touched up or something, that it looks too clean/pretty and will be disappointing in motion

ivysaur12

Banned
John Harker said:
Who is actually developing this?

I worry that the screens are touched up or something, that it looks too clean/pretty and will be disappointing in motion

tri-Crescendo and the Venus & Braves/Seven team.

This game continues to look amazing... mark my words: Fragile is going to end up being one of the most fondly remembered Wii games ever created.

Am I the only one who thinks the lack of any lighting on character models is a stylistic choice? I mean, considering we've seen the flashlight cast lighting and shadows on the game's environments, not having those on characters seems intentional. A way to make them stand out..even more so considering they're essentially cell shaded (or have a very flat coloring) in a non cellshaded world

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
wrowa said:

I like the HUD, but they really could have saved space by taking out the vertical "hitpoint" text and moving the health bar farther to the left.

Arde5643

-WindYoshi- said:
This game continues to look amazing... mark my words: Fragile is going to end up being one of the most fondly remembered Wii games ever created.
You mean like No More Heroes?

EDIT: Hopefully after FF4, Suda and Co. are creating the next sequel or at the very least another game set in No More Heroes universe.

joetachi

Zoramon089 said:
Am I the only one who thinks the lack of any lighting on character models is a stylistic choice? I mean, considering we've seen the flashlight cast lighting and shadows on the game's environments, not having those on characters seems intentional. A way to make them stand out..even more so considering they're essentially cell shaded (or have a very flat coloring) in a non cellshaded world
It seems its cell shaded and yes i think its a stylistic choice.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I'm pretty sure it's not cel-shading (not cell-shading). It's just that the characters are purposefully done in a colorful, cartoon-like style. Much like Dark Cloud 2.

Sagitario

Mejilan said:
I'm pretty sure it's not cel-shading (not cell-shading). It's just that the characters are purposefully done in a colorful, cartoon-like style. Much like Dark Cloud 2.

I was thinking more like Super Mario Sunshine...

v65150.png
6cb305649f5cd57d053c53316e660.jpg

Azure J

AzureJericho said:
Stop talking/reminding me about Legends dammit. ;_;

It only hurts more now seeing everything else getting a current gen restart. And I already said that it looks good, but it really shows in the art direction.

Top Bottom