• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

Is upgrading my stats going to be an issue on survivor mode? I just reached the first work bench and I only have 20 pills. Should I be playing on hard to find more pills or will I find more along the way on survivor. I remember on the ps3 when I played on normal when I got to this point, I had 2 stat points already upgraded and by end game I has everything almost maxed out.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'm impressed at the audio improvements. Didn't realize that it would be so obvious. Everything just sounds so much richer and clearer.

Castcoder

Banned
I'm playing Grounded and DAMN... This is insanely hard. It's teaching me to never use a gun and never get caught. Cutscenes that force you to get caught are terrible.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Did anyone else notice extremely short distance LoD and objects popping? Most noticeable on vegetation. Game is updated to 1.01. Made a video to show it in action, with so much vegetation I can see it getting annoying for myself. To be sure rebooted console and tried both 60 and 30FPS modes, both have same LoD.

http://youtu.be/rdmqU19Koy8

Yup, sucks but I've seen it crop up in a handful of areas without looking for it. Only real blemish I hold against this so far.

Formosa

What does the Amazon preorder bonus come with? I still didnt get the email about the code from Amazon yet but I already have started the game, if I get the code later... Can I just apply to it? Or do I have to start the game all over again?

Anyone?

ShutterMunster

Survival mode highlights just how dependent I was on the "Listen" feature. My god, the game is so much more tense when you can't see through walls lol. I'm still super early on so I'm not having too much of a hard time with the difficulty.

10504934_272861626253931_6932055023810931818_o.jpg

Dig a hole to China.

Lucent

Did anyone else notice extremely short distance LoD and objects popping? Most noticeable on vegetation. Game is updated to 1.01. Made a video to show it in action, with so much vegetation I can see it getting annoying for myself. To be sure rebooted console and tried both 60 and 30FPS modes, both have same LoD.

http://youtu.be/rdmqU19Koy8

I hope they fix that. I never noticed that in the original. =/

Gonna take advantage of the trade in while I can though. Hoping they can fix it eventually.

I can't get over how detailed these character models are, hell, even the guns! Was it like this in the PS3 and we just couldn't appreciate it because of the low res?

iMvw2rn2hIHcY.jpg

....so pop-in and graphical glitches make you trade in your game? Really?

Sorry but as someone who lived through the PSX era this just makes me want to facepalm. Back in our days we had pop-ins and texture warp but WE LOVED IT.

MMaRsu

Banned

Sorry but as someone who lived through the PSX era this just makes me want to facepalm. Back in our days we had pop-ins and texture warp but WE LOVED IT.

He said he's gonna trade in his ps3 copy towards a ps4 copy lol.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Somebody didn't live through the N64 era!

T3xUZLg.png

That's not a Dark Souls fog gate...

I remember renting this with my friends from Blockbuster because it was cool and had great graphics. Oh how times have changed.

In my new upcoming house, I shall have Maxwell flagship GPU running Witcher 3 at 4K. Totally will never be outdated!

Kolgar

Just played through Left Behind for the first time.

HOLY

Was the normal game this good? I don't remember the normal game being this good. This was TREMENDOUS. The voice acting and facial animations were superb. Plus, there were so many rapturous moments of pure charm.

Scenes like the photo booth, the arcade and dancing on the table with Riley
were amazing.

Great googly-moogly, this may be the single best sitting I've ever had with a game.

Just wow.

For someone who has beat the last of us numerous times but havn't played it for a while so I'm a bit foggy on the story except for key moments... but I have never played Left Behind...should I start with Left Behind before I jump back into the main game? Im just getting started but am stopping to debate what to do... what should I do?

Edit: the game feels and looks glorious. Im blown away by how different/better the experience is so far.

Edit 2: Fuck it. Playing through the main game first.

Navy Bean

Game looks and plays great, but damn if the shooting isn't still wonky as hell. I was playing some Wolfenstein while loading and difference is shocking. As I remember, though, it gets better as your skills increase. Still loving the game.

Lucent

He said he's gonna trade in his ps3 copy towards a ps4 copy lol.

If he's referring to me (should've quoted me. I didn't who he was replying to. lol) then yeah that's what I meant. I didn't specifically say I was trading my PS3 copy for a PS4 copy, but that's what I meant. =p

antitrop

I have really forgotten way more of this game than I thought I had.

Going through
The Outskirts - Downtown
right now feels like the first time.

Mentok

Banned
I'm running through
Bill's Town
on hard with no "listen". Gotta say, I'm glad I didn't go on Normal mode because it's not all that challenging. The times I die are because I'm trying not to use any guns around Clickers. This is one of those rare games where I just want to enjoy my first playthrough without hunting for trophies....question though, can you do NG+ on any difficulty? Like can I jump up to Grounded?

I'm running through
Bill's Town
on hard with no "listen". Gotta say, I'm glad I didn't go on Normal mode because it's not all that challenging. The times I die are because I'm trying not to use any guns around Clickers. This is one of those rare games where I just want to enjoy my first playthrough without hunting for trophies....question though, can you do NG+ on any difficulty? Like can I jump up to Grounded?

NG+ is only available for the difficult you beat the game on, and lower. So to play Grounded on NG+ you first need to beat Grounded.

(I think)

lantus

Hard is in-between Normal and A Brutal Slog. :p

I honestly couldn't imagine playing this game on anything less than Hard. The first time I played through the game was on Hard and I didn't find it particularly hard at all. The jump in challenge is immediately noticeable going into Survivor though (I'm sure even more so with Grounded, but I haven't played it yet).

SRTtoZ

Ok, I have to say it. DAT IMAGE QUALITY. So clean, so smooth. I was prepared for it to look good but damn I'm blown away. Also, more devs need to give that many audio options. Being able to select your own Dynamic range and shit is pretty damn awesome.

viveks86

It's pretty odd that ND didn't pay more attention to those wonky shadows at 60 fps. Aliasing is quite rare and IQ is stunning in general. The dynamic shadows are practically the only visual flaw from what I've played so far. It doesn't show up often, but when it does, it is quite noticeable. May be they are still working on it (probably why 30 fps got it in a patch).

Speaking of 30 fps, it's hot garbage. I've not played any 30 fps game that stutters so horribly. It's like they created the 30 fps option as a last minute "sure,why not" and didn't bother to polish it. lol

terrible

Banned
I have really forgotten way more of this game than I thought I had.

Going through
The Outskirts - Downtown
right now feels like the first time.

I'm glad I've forgotten so much about it too. I might be enjoying it even more this time around. So good.

Ok 3 things I need to say as a first time TLOU player:

1. This may in fact be one of the best games I've ever played. This game is honestly so fucking good and that can't be overstated enough. The intro made me feel things I haven't felt while playing a videogame in a long while.

2. I HATE Clickers.

3. I fucking love Ellie like holy fucking shit. Fuck. *flips you off*

The scene where she first meets Bill is incredible. It was that moment that I realized how awesome she is.

ramuh

Ok, I have to say it. DAT IMAGE QUALITY. So clean, so smooth. I was prepared for it to look good but damn I'm blown away. Also, more devs need to give that many audio options. Being able to select your own Dynamic range and shit is pretty damn awesome.

Yo I love the audio options. My rear 2 speakers are in a weird angle in relation to me so it nice to be able to move that around. Also, TVs generally don't decode Optical out to your HTIB or receiver FYI. It's why I bought a three optical changer thing. You think your playing in 5.1 by running optical out from your tv, but your not.

Oneself

First launched the game and it was filled with graphical glitches... Probably due to the installation in progress. Restarted afterwards and everything was fine.

Also, how can someone play the 30fps mode? It's atrocious and feels terrible.

Top Bottom