• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread XIII: Leak Dynasty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fireblend

Banned
This trust in smashboards mods is pretty silly. For all we know they're 15 year old kids with not one care in the world. Stop taking them seriously already!

My friend said a Smash Boards mod told him he saw gameplay footage with Duck Hunt in it. I trust my friend but not the mod. Smash Boards mods seem fairly incompetent to me, entertaining the least plausible leaks. There was also that time when the full Brawl roster was leaked but GimpyFish vandalized the OP.

Still #TeamReal
I can't see shit and Smashboards won't let me make an account, but while I've already heard mixed things about the moderating staff the timing on some stuff seems too weird for this current leak when you take into account both the Smash Boards and /v/ stuff.

If it's fake, I don't know if the mods were in on it.

Juansho

Banned
Reggie-3.jpg

Bring us MOTHER 1 & 3 !

Yeah, I don't know why anyone would even entertain the thought of taking Smashboards or anyone there seriously. That place is a cesspool... maybe even worse than GameFAQs, though that is a really tall order...

Camjo-Z

My friend said a Smash Boards mod told him he saw gameplay footage with Duck Hunt in it. I trust my friend but not the mod. Smash Boards mods seem fairly incompetent to me, entertaining the least plausible leaks. There was also that time when the full Brawl roster was leaked but GimpyFish vandalized the OP.

Still #TeamReal

"i got this information from my friend, an audio engineer"

proceeds to go into detail about highly technical game mechanics that an audio engineer would know nothing about

Ryce

This trust in smashboards mods is pretty silly. For all we know they're 15 year old kids with not one care in the world. Stop taking them seriously already!
They have the power to close topics and ban people on a forum, so obviously they have connections and inside information.

Now the Smashboards mods are claiming that there is in fact no DLC, and the cut characters aren't coming back at all. I guess the Polar Bear will be the lone representative from Ice Climber.
lol

There is one I would trust given where he lives and what he does. Outside of him, everyone else is more than likely in the dark like the rest of us.

Now the Smashboards mods are claiming that there is in fact no DLC, and the cut characters aren't coming back at all. I guess the Polar Bear will be the lone representative from Ice Climber.
lol
What?

Durden77

Yeah, I don't know why anyone would even entertain the thought of taking Smashboards or anyone there seriously. That place is a cesspool... maybe even worse than GameFAQs, though that is a really tall order...

GameFAQs is seriously around Miiverse quality now. Possible worse because there are no drawings.

They often times do get info fast though, so ever since I finally got approved here, I lurk there to see if things pop up.

vraicz.png

YOUR SECOND OF TWO CHOICES FOR 17TH GREATEST SMASH BROS. CHARACTER WOLL BE REVEALED SHORTLY!

Fuck yeh more assistance in keeping me sane right now.

I think I've sherlocked out how Sakurai can reveal so many characters in a single direct before Smash 3DS' release... it will be a montage video showing footage from old Smash Directs that reveals the hidden, secret characters within.

In a flash, Mewtwo, Ridley, (apparently) Dark Pit... and some others will be revealed!

it all makes sense now - I've cracked the code. You can congratulate me later.

Yeah the Impa/Dixie/Mewtwo/Ridley/Mach Rider thing is complete bogus lol.

The Bowser Jr/Duck Hunt/Shulk/everything else thing is also complete bogus, but with a lot of effort put into it :p

mrhej

lol

Oh yeah I forgot the Polar Bear was in Smash Run.

Still on #teamfake all the way.

Fireblend

Banned
Look guys, suppose you're a mod at Smashboards with zero connections. You see a pretty believable leak come out. You're already in a community in which you are rewarded for providing information, validating speculation and looking like you have connections. Pretending you have them and then saying you have seen footage that validates the leak sounds like a pretty safe bet, right? Members will look up to you, your position of authority is further justified, and the leak looks real so as long as it is there's no way to prove you actually have seen anything because you can just say you want to protect your sources.

Just stop paying attention to them. They're anything but reliable sources.

Ah, here it is.

v3ztuNm.png

Looks like a three-platform stage that floats around Magicant.

I mean.. it's nice and all.. but I find weird for Magicant (the MOTHER one) being in the 3ds game, since the game was never released outside of japan, but it could happen.

I was expecting a Mother 3 stage myself, but this would be an acceptable alternate.

Sakurai could do a final Direct that reveals the game's intro, showing the starting roster, and at the end, we see silhouettes fly into view that resemble...

Mewtwo
Dixie Kong
Ridley
Ice Climbers
Chorus Kids
Shulk
Bowser Junior
Impa
Mach Rider
Dark Pit
Dr. Mario
Duck Hunt
Mr. Game & Watch
R.O.B.
Great Tiger

lol

I don't suppose they have any explanation for why the original leak was completely wrong about DLC, or any evidence that this is the truth and the old story was bogus.

So there was one leak that had been entertained for awhile, It mightve been the same leak that had Bowser Jr and Duck Hunt Dog, that mentioned that Tomodachi Collection stage was similar to Luigi's Mansion. This was about a month ago after E3. Now with the "leak" showing that and the Famitsu Scan that shows off the stage for the first time. They could all coincide.

-Horizon-

Juansho

Banned
Sakurai could do a final Direct that reveals the game's intro, showing the starting roster, and at the end, we see silhouettes fly into view that resemble...

Mewtwo
Dixie Kong
Ridley
Ice Climbers
Chorus Kids
Shulk
Bowser Junior
Impa
Mach Rider
Dark Pit
Dr. Mario
Duck Hunt
Mr. Game & Watch
R.O.B.
Great Tiger

I will not be able to live in a world where the new smash has Dixie Kong instead of K Rool. :'(

Fireblend

Banned
Do I really have to quote myself so soon after the actual post? Stop paying attention to the Smashboards mods, guys.

Look guys, suppose you're a mod at Smashboards with zero connections. You see a pretty believable leak come out. You're already in a community in which you are rewarded (pressured, even) for providing information, validating speculation and looking like you have connections. Pretending you have them and then saying you have seen footage that validates the leak sounds like a pretty safe bet, right? Members will look up to you, your position of authority is further justified, and the leak looks real so as long as it is there's no way to prove you actually have seen anything because you can just say you want to protect your sources.

Just stop paying attention to them. They're anything but reliable sources.

dyouar.png

Diddy
17th Place (Victory Music!)

Notable Appearences
Donkey Kong Country (1994)
Donkey Kong Land (1995)
Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy’s Kong Quest (1995)
Donkey Kong Land 2 (1996)
Diddy Kong Racing (1997)
Donkey Kong 64 (1999)
Mario Kart: Double Dash!! (2003)
Mario Kart Wii (2008)
Donkey Kong Country Returns (2010)
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (2014)

Bio
Diddy Kong is one of the protagonists of the Donkey Kong series. He lives on Donkey Kong Island in the Kongo Jungle, and is identified by his red hat, which has a Nintendo logo on it, and shirt. He is described as the "wannabe nephew" of Donkey Kong in the Donkey Kong 64 manual and occasionally as a chimpanzee, despite his monkey-like tail. In addition to saving his home from the Kremlings with DK, Diddy has also taken the reigns on his own adventures saving DK from the dastardly K. Rool with his girlfriend Dixie. In Diddy Kong Racing, Diddy shows that he is also quite the capable driver by helping defeat the dreaded Wizpig. Recently, Diddy has once again been seen alongside his Kong brethren battling the Tikis and Snowmads, showing that no matter the opponent, Diddy Kong is a force to be reckoned with.

What NeoGAF Says
“Plays fast, hits hard, addicting-to-use Meteor Smash and lots of nostalgic value as far as series goes. DKC2 is my favorite platformer.” - NotLiquid

“He’s a monkey with a jetpack, guns, and an addiction to celebratory rapping.” -Nujbar

“They remind me of the glory that is DKC.” - Neoriceisgood

“I've always had a liking to Diddy as a kid, loved everything about him.” - Troubled Bat

“Abuse his down-B. Mind your ‘nanners.” - rawktapus

“He's back again and about time too, And this time he's in the mood! He can fly real high with his jetpack on. With his pistols out, he's one tough Kong! He'll make you smile when he plays his tune, But Kremlings beware 'cause he's after you!” - PikaED

“He's a mother F***ing ape.” - SuperChoco

file.php

Congrats, Diddy!

Previous Veteran Rankings (click on them to find out more!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom