• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread XIII: Leak Dynasty

Status
Not open for further replies.

georly

The leak, DLC and 'missing 5' combined:
ftoFFtP.png

The icons are still what really bother me with this leak, it's why I moved around some characters here and there.

If impa is what I think she is (stronger sheik clone), I'd throw her down into the 'clone corner'

So we (GameXplain) have been getting nonstop requests from fans for the past day to do a discussion on the possible leaks, and it's up now. I know there are a few GameXplain fans here, so here's the link for ya'll!

Unfortunately it's just me and Derrick with a special guest, though, as Andre is out of town. I'd love to get his reaction on all this too!

Just finished watching it! Very compelling and convincing arguments from all 3 of you guys :)

ftoFFtP.png
oh my gahd. that'd be the perfect roster.
Although I'd be satisfied with the roster of any one of those 4 mock-up images you made.

1. IntelliHeath-7348
2. theprodigy-5447
3. foxuzamaki-4395
4. Horizon-3887
5. ffdgh-3733
6. Neiteio-3640 (+2)
7. SmithnCo-3624 (-1)
8. BGBW-3415 (+1)
9. SuperSah-3344 (-2)
10. georly-3156
11. Boss Doggie-2971
12. PadWarrior-2925 (+6)
13. Troubled Bat-2894 (-1)
14. Berordn-2734
15. Beelzebufo-2729 (-2)
16. Village-2618 (-2)
17. OricWindstar-2398 (+10)
18. qq more-2397 (-2)
19. DaBoss-2380 (-2)
20. Loco4Coco-2356 (+1)
21. Ryce-2337 (-1)
22. I'M FINISHED-2278 (-3)
23. zroid-2169 (-1)
24. MrSaturn99-2088 (-1)
25. Toxi-2079
26. Kriken-2060 (-2)
27. Red Arremer -2016 (-1)
28. Azure J-1765
29. Kyzon-1722 (+4)
30. BassForever-1718
31. Caladrius-1709
32. Pop-O-Matic-1703
33. SenorArdilla-1693 (-4)
34. Neoriceisgood-1457
35. GamerSoul-1430
36. JoeInky-1401 (+3)
37. The Great Gonzales-1358 (+7)
38. Baron von Loathsome-1325 (+2)
39. Anth0ny-1262 (-3)
40. ShockingAlberto-1237 (-3)
41. Dimitri LH-1235
42. Sponge-1203 (NEW)
43. KHlover-1192 (-6)
44. Golnei-1156 (NEW)
45. emb-1154 (NEW)
46. Benzychenz-1147 (-1)
47. Watch Da Birdie-1137 (NEW)
48. Shadow Hog-1134 (-5)
49. Hyperactivity-1114 (-7)
50. Hatchtag-1111 (NEW)

biggest rise: OricWindstar, 10 spots (!!!)
biggest fall: Hyperactivity, 7 spots
newcomers: Sponge, Golnei, emb, Watch Da Birdie, Hatchtag
dropped out: DICKS AHOY, Qurupeke, ArchedThunder

notes:
  • finally have a full top 50; on this note, it is in theory possible that someone averaged 93 posts per thread without going over 100, thus making this list despite not being tracked, but I highly doubt it
  • damn Oric!
  • I wonder if Horizon can clip foxuzamaki right at the finish line....

D: D: D:

georly

I still haven't made any verdict.

If we get firm corroborating evidence I'm on board, but I still carry quite a bit of doubt.

And neither Bowser jr. nor the Koopalngs show up in 3D world.

I forgot to add the 3D Land/World games, I apologize. You are correct. Doesn't make them any less relevant, though. We *ARE* getting a NSMBU stage after all.

God, this is beautiful. The perfect roster for me... I don't even need the "missing five" from the corroborating leak. Just give me the "DLC five" and I'm as happy a camper as happy can be.

Can someone make a Wii U CSS mockup with this roster?

I agree. As long as Ice climbers aren't cut, i'll be really happy w/ the leaked roster. If snake is in I'll be ECSTATIC!

• Mario Sunshine
  • NSMB (DS) - boss of EVERY TOWER
  • Mario Galaxy - boss several times
  • NSMB Wii - Starts using clown car!
  • Mario Galaxy 2 - boss several times
  • NSMB U - boss in clown car during airship segments. Gains torpedos/boxing gloves

So... basically every super mario game since sunshine... except NSMB2.

I love the idea of a clown car playable character. I could care less who is in it. Ever since Super Mario World, I've always thought it was really cool for some reason. If it plays well, he might be my second main (second to one of the links!)

Are you counting the RPGs?

Replace Ridley with Anthony Higgs and Lucario with Pichu Bros. and you have yourself a roster.

AIzVILS.gif

Why?

Village

I never liked Bowser Jr. himself, but he's definitely deserving. He was in the Galaxy games. He was in the last four NSMB titles. That's a pretty impressive résumé.

And when he fights in this:

20120913231811!Bowser_Jr_NSMBU.png

You have a lot of interesting potential. He could drill into opponents with the propeller bounce. He could lob Bob-ombs and Mecha-Koopas, fire Bullet Bills and Torpedo Teds, and drop Big Steelies. He could punch with the extend-o-arms, and use items, as well. The facial expression on the Clown Car can change when hit, etc.

His Final Smash could be dropping Big Steelies like the end of Super Mario World, or calling in Mecha-Bowser from Super Mario Sunshine, or Mega Hammer from Super Mario Galaxy 2. Heck, if they wanted to get really obscure, they could even use one of the mechs from Yoshi Safari on the SNES:

ys13.png

Then consider the fact that the original Smashboards rumor from a month ago said all of the Koopalings would be selectable as alts. The hit-boxes stay the same since the main fighter is the Clown Car. It'd just require slight new animations from the waist up to reflect the new pilot in control.

It's just a fun concept. I hope this all turns out to be real. :)

Or...

or the paint brush.

I would rather have jr use the paint brush.

Yeah, the paintbrush is too important to his character not to use, but centering his moveset on the Clown Copter would make him a more unique addition. The paintbrush could be his FS; he's used it for "super moves" in other Mario spinoffs, after all.

Durden77

Over on GameFAQs someone's got proof of a Famitsu (I think Famitsu?) page that focuses on Captian Falcon and Palutena, and it has a little bubble about Dark Pit, but no one has translated it yet.

Could be anything I dunno. Also, the stuff Neito posted got me excited about Bower Jr. Especially if you can be any Koopaling. I've always loved the Koop klown kar so that got me pumped.

Kriken

That's right. I remember him in the Galaxies now. I guess he's just not that memorable to me.

Also guys, Dark Pit has just appeared in some fashion in Famitsu. Not translated yet, but this could be a big thing.

Aww shit... this could be huge
For teamfake aka the right team

Village

Oh, yes, they could do something with that, as well. We do see the Clown Car in the leak, but he could still have his paintbrush, as well. Would go nicely with Mario's FLUDD. :)

I would rather his entire moveset be around the paint brush.

The clown car was his dad's. The paint brush, while stolen probably is his.

Darth_Caedus

No longer canonical
I'm hoping it's not real because of Dark Pit and Dr. Mario. Two waste of space clones. Especially since they can easily be alternate costumes. If Kid Icarus gets more reps than Metroid I will face palm.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Apparently, translation of the Famitsu scans reveals that Meta Knight has a goddamn shield breaker, now.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I bet that "Dark Pit" thing is that old shot of Pit hit by Robin's Nosferatu that everyone thought was his Dark Pit Alt.

I've seen the Famitsu Scans and it was Pac-Man, Villager, and Tomodachi/Paper Mario Stage.

Tripon

Over on GameFAQs someone's got proof of a Famitsu (I think Famitsu?) page that focuses on Captian Falcon and Palutena, and it has a little bubble about Dark Pit, but no one has translated it yet.

Could be anything I dunno. Also, the stuff Neito posted got me excited about Bower Jr. Especially if you can be any Koopaling. I've always loved the Koop klown kar so that got me pumped.

That famitsu issue is old, and already been translated. You have been trolled.

Edit: Or I've been trolled. Just saw the scans, this is different from what have already been translated.

Masked Man

I said wow
Made a few mockups of the 'leak'.

ftoFFtP.png

Beautiful! <3

That's right. I remember him in the Galaxies now. I guess he's just not that memorable to me.

Also guys, Dark Pit has just appeared in some fashion in Famitsu. Not translated yet, but this could be a big thing.

Quoi? Can someone PM me with more information? I saw the most recent Famitsu, but I didn't see Dark Pit anywhere...

Village

Yeah, a character in a vehicle is way too original. Let's have yet another melee weapon user.

Yes.

I think the paint brush thing would be cooler than the dumb car.

I don't really give two shits about how man weapon users are in the game so, your point falls on deaf ears. I want the brush.

Durden77

Apparently a GameFAQs user gave the rough translation as..

"Some characters will appear secret. How will they come? It's up to you, can you battle them?"

If this is what it actually says....everything might explode right now.

indiana-jones-fridge-o.gif

Neoxon

AAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWW SHIT!!!!!!!!

Anyway, my stomach is satisfied. Now I need to wait until I hopefully pass out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom