• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread XIII: Leak Dynasty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you! :)

Break Drill sounds deliciously broken. I'm not surprised that Famitsu does not delve deeper in their informations to say if MK got hit with the balance bat a bit, so I'll wait anxiously still.

I mean he can keep his specials I don't mind. The real problem was the ridiculous priority he had on them (and all sword moves IIRC, so his whole arsenal)

gigadrillB_4990.jpg

Sounds fine to me.

It feels like they're striking a balance rather than nerfing everything to the ground. Other than Marth.

I still don't believe the leak, but if it's true and Bowser Jr of all characters is one of the last remaining newcomers that would be incredibly disappointing.

And as for Meta Knight, they just need to lower the priority on some of his moves a bit and he's fixed. No need to outright change his specials.

Updated. #TeamReal has gotten its biggest bump in membership yet, but #TeamFake has attracted a few new members too.

#TeamReal:

1. Aaronrules380 (added)
2. A Link to the Snitch
3. Azuran
4. Bamboo Boy
5. Beelzebufo
6. Big One
7. BitStyle
8. Brazil
9. Burning Justice
10. Camjo-Z
11. CassSept (added)
12. Chunky
13. CHusson91
14. Civilstrife
15. Dagobert Duck
16. Diddy Kong
17. Dimitri LH
18. Diprosalic
19. DNAbro
20. Dreamcast
21. ec0ec0 (added)
22. Echoenigma (added)
23. Foffy
24. Forkball
25. Galang
26. Game Guru
27. GAMERG0D
28. GamerJM
29. georgetheplushie
30. georly
31. GiantBreadbug (added)
32. Gleethor
33. Greenzxy (added)
34. Growlie19 (added)
35. Hatchtag
36. HenryGale
37. Hypemaster (added)
38. IceDoesntHelp (added)
39. jackal27
40. Jedi Link
41. Joelnky (added)
42. jph139
43. Karsticles (added)
44. Kissenkopf
45. Kouichi
46. Lunchbillion
47. Makai
48. Masked Man
49. MaverickHunterAsh
50. MiguelMexMIstery
51. Mistle
52. Mr. Smiley
53. Muzy72 (added)
54. Mysterious
55. Neiteio
56. Okrag (added)
57. OricWindstar
58. PaperFlame
59. PaulExcellent
60. PikaED
61. -PXG- (added)
62. Rayis
63. Regiruler
64. Rrongfield (added)
65. Sacul64GC (added)
66. Scooter155 (added)
67. Smiles and Cries
68. Stoze
69. SuperAngelo64
70. SuperBowser
71. superNESjoe (added)
72. theJwac (added)
73. TheWorthyEdge
74. toa95
75. Watch Da Birdie
76. WiIRevolution1
77. Zorfendor

#TeamFake:

1. Akibastman
2. Ampersands
3. Anth0ny (added)
4. Art (added)
5. BGBW
6. Boba2007
7. BroBuzz
8. BY2K
9. Byronic Hero
10. callmeJackz
11. catmario
12. Ceravic
13. Cloudboy
14. CrazedProfessional
15. CronoShot
16. daripad
17. DJIzana
18. emb
19. Error404SwagNotFound
20. exfatal
21. FCsolomon
22. Feltrol
23. Flame_AC
24. FSLink
25. Gallantioh
26. Gartooth
27. Golnei
28. Gonzo The Great
29. GregLombardi (added)
30. Griss
31. GuessMyUserName
32. Hoagmaster
33. Icelandic_Jazz
34. InvincibleAgent
35. J-Tier
36. Jaeger
37. Jintor
38. Juansho
39. K-A-Deman
40. Kaban
41. kirby_fox
42. Kouriozan
43. Kriken
44. Letterbomb
45. Luqi
46. Macka (added)
47. Major Gripex
48. Mariolee
49. MichMasteR
50. MisterWisp
51. Moonlight
52. Mr. Macintosh!!
53. Mr.Miyamoto
54. mrhej
55. MrSaturn99
56. munchie64
57. Murrah
58. Neoxon
59. nerdbot
60. NexusCell
61. Nintendojutsu
62. Nocturnowl
63. NotLiquid (added)
64. PadWarrior
65. Pikma
66. Pizza
67. PK Gaming
68. Polioliolio
69. Popnbake
70. Pop-O-Matic
71. Porsche9146
72. Prevolition
73. PreyingShark
74. random25
75. RobotHaus (added)
76. Ryce
77. Saro
78. SatoAilDarko
79. SenorArdilla
80. SkullHydra
81. SmithCo
82. SoldnerKei
83. SparksterMeta0
84. SpinDasher
85. Sponge
86. Star Falcon (added)
87. Storm Kyleis
88. SuperChoco
89. SuperSah
90. Superturkeys
91. Tan
92. Tazz
93. Teriaaaaa!
94. thefreecheese
95. The Great Gonzales
96. The_Intruder
97. theprodigy
98. Thorakai
99. Tomohawk
100. TomShoe
101. tonyh24613
102. Troubled Bat
103. ubiblu
104. uncleniccius
105. Valjean Lafitte
106. Vampirolol
107. Veloth
108. voltronbadA
109. Vuapol
110. wheapon
111. Whiskeymatt
112. Xspike
113. Zalman
114. Zomba13 (added)
115. Zubz

Hatchtag

Banned
50. Hatchtag-1111 (NEW)

biggest rise: OricWindstar, 10 spots (!!!)
biggest fall: Hyperactivity, 7 spots
newcomers: Sponge, Golnei, emb, Watch Da Birdie, Hatchtag
dropped out: DICKS AHOY, Qurupeke, ArchedThunder

notes:
  • finally have a full top 50; on this note, it is in theory possible that someone averaged 93 posts per thread without going over 100, thus making this list despite not being tracked, but I highly doubt it
  • damn Oric!
  • I wonder if Horizon can clip foxuzamaki right at the finish line....

I made it :D

Pikma

Banned
I still don't believe the leak, but if it's true and Bowser Jr of all characters is one of the last remaining newcomers that would be incredibly disappointing.

And as for Meta Knight, they just need to lower the priority on some of his moves a bit and he's fixed. No need to outright change his specials.
Fuck Bowser Jr, agreed

As always, happy to be of service to you, SmashGAF! I now bring you new info on Meta Knight:

• Neutral Special: Mach Tornado - Begins spinning rapidly in place, generates a tornado and damages opponents; press the button repeatedly to gradually rise upward, tilt the stick to move left or right
  • Side Special: Drill Rush - Thrusts forward while spinning, hits the opponent multiple times; tilt the stick up or down to adjust the trajectory
  • Side Custom 1: Speed Drill - Moves more quickly than Drill Rush; cannot adjust pitch but travels further
  • Side Custom 2: Break Drill - Deals less damage and travels less distance than Drill Rush, but is able to shatter opponents' shields
  • Down Special: Dimensional Cape - Envelops himself in his cape and disappears, reappears nearby a moment later; tilt the stick to warp left or right, hold the button to perform an attack once you reappear
  • Up Special: Shuttle Loop - Slashes while rising upward, does a loop-de-loop and performs a follow-up slash; second slash has particularly high knockback
  • Final Smash: Galaxia Darkness - Whips his cape in front of him to trap nearby opponents; if an opponent gets caught, the screen fades to black and Meta Knight performs a devastating slash; all opponents will receive damage so long as the move activates successfully (i.e. at least one opponent gets caught in the cape)

So he gets a GIGA DRILL BREAKER and a double slash Shuttle Loop?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I'd put money on an Assist Trophy. Pac-Man's sprite attacks have black outlines, but the four ghosts didn't. And it's not like Pac-Man has a ton of AT options.

Yeah, I thought it was obvious that it's assist trophy since Pac Man had to dodge the ghost as well.

kamikaze

haven't followed the leak discussion too closely...

any one speculate that this (and maybe some of the previous leaks) are actually coming from sakurai/nintendo to stoke the hype machine?

get some art intern to whip together some images using their assets and you get pics that look like it could be from the real thing. ;)

-Horizon-

As always, happy to be of service to you, SmashGAF! I now bring you new info on Meta Knight:

• Neutral Special: Mach Tornado - Begins spinning rapidly in place, generates a tornado and damages opponents; press the button repeatedly to gradually rise upward, tilt the stick to move left or right
  • Side Special: Drill Rush - Thrusts forward while spinning, hits the opponent multiple times; tilt the stick up or down to adjust the trajectory
  • Side Custom 1: Speed Drill - Moves more quickly than Drill Rush; cannot adjust pitch but travels further
  • Side Custom 2: Break Drill - Deals less damage and travels less distance than Drill Rush, but is able to shatter opponents' shields
  • Down Special: Dimensional Cape - Envelops himself in his cape and disappears, reappears nearby a moment later; tilt the stick to warp left or right, hold the button to perform an attack once you reappear
  • Up Special: Shuttle Loop - Slashes while rising upward, does a loop-de-loop and performs a follow-up slash; second slash has particularly high knockback
  • Final Smash: Galaxia Darkness - Whips his cape in front of him to trap nearby opponents; if an opponent gets caught, the screen fades to black and Meta Knight performs a devastating slash; all opponents will receive damage so long as the move activates successfully (i.e. at least one opponent gets caught in the cape)

My guess is that they're an AT, but it's hard to say. Maybe they'll be one of the neutral special customizations?
Woooo thanks as always Masked Man!

Oh yeah and add me to #TeamFake please.

And I hate Bowser Jr in Smash even though I mained him in Mario Kart Wii and his exclusion from 8 killed my hype for the game. I just don't feel he's big enough for Smash.

Masked Man

I said wow
I'm admittedly a little nervous that Meta Knight is still ridiculously OP, but the Famitsu article makes no mention of priority, so it's hard to say if anything has changed until we see him in action. :/

If anyone else has a japanese 3DS and will be getting smash 4 on it, please PM me your friend code. Mine is: 2380-4905-4321

Will PM you shortly! :D

And I hate Bowser Jr in Smash even though I mained him in Mario Kart Wii and his exclusion from 8 killed my hype for the game. I just don't feel he's big enough for Smash.
He still feels weird to me, but if he really is based around a Koopa Clown Car moveset, I definitely see potential in that. I'm happy with the complete roster if this is it.

Golnei

haven't followed the leak discussion too closely...

any one speculate that this (and maybe some of the previous leaks) are actually coming from sakurai/nintendo to stoke the hype machine?

get some art intern to whip together some images using their assets and you get pics that look like it could be from the real thing. ;)

Considering Sakurai is actually a Patriot AI constructed to curate the global flow of information, I find this to be a realistic theory.

As much as I love her, Bowser Jr makes more sense to be in Smash than Rosalina. She's both too recent and doesn't have that many appearances compared to Bowser Jr.

Pikma

Banned
Oh no! I wonder if the demand has gone up recently! :( :( :( I think some sites you can get a new XL for roughly 230+, so for that difference, you might as well get a new XL!

Keep looking, best of luck :( :( :(
Yeah, that has to be it, some of the used systems are going for as high as $190!
Yeah, I'm gonna give a look there too. I just checked PlayAsia and XLs are $199! So that's definitely a valid option :)

Yeah, I hope everything ends up going fine for me and we can share FCs asap. :)

The Clown Car/Koopaling thing makes me like him even less :lol

If he is in I'd rather it be as his own fighter, with his paintbrush and mechs incorporated into his moveset.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Now I'm wondering about Jr.'s omission in Mario Kart 8...

DLC for Mario Kart 8 to go alongside his Smash 4 appearance?

Growlie19

So essentially Meta Knight's changed recovery is like Brawl's, but if you immediately cancel the glide portion with a slash? That's fine, but his tornado had ridiculous priority. Change that, too, please!

Neoxon

SmashGAF is the girl knowing all about Nintendo. I'm the guy not knowing about any of it and getting a bit scared at how much knowledge is there

I've seen AoT but can't remember the names.
Creepy encyclopedia girl is Hanji, the slightly scared kid is Eren Jaeger.

JediLink

I'm just hoping that maybe you can Smash DI the first hit of shuttle loop to avoid the second hit like with Fox's up air. But if Smash DI has actually been nerfed then that might not be possible.

georly

Will PM you shortly! :D

I think I already have yours, I've added you on my US one! Adding you now.

Yeah, I thought it was obvious that it's assist trophy since Pac Man had to dodge the ghost as well.

It's just weird. We've never had something be a stage hazard and ALSO an assist trophy.

Maybe this is one of the few assist trophies that aren't on both systems? It's a way to get the ghosts on the Wii U, which doesn't have the stage!

Hey guys, any new leak news from the last 3-4 hours?
Well a famitsu scan came in and it has pics of the full Tomodachi stage which matches up with the leaked image of the Tomodachi stage in the stage roster.

I feel Bowser Jr. more than deserves a spot in the smash roster. Although another Mario character on top of the return of Dr. Mario does feel slightly excessive especially with no Mewtwo and no new Metroid or Zelda rep. This go around it feels like Fire Emblem, Mario, and Kid Icarus got a major boost from characters, stages and items.

It seems to me that for Bowser Jr., that ship has sailed. If he was going to make the roster, Brawl would have been the perfect time: After his introduction in Sunshine, he became a major villain, to the point that he even stole the spotlight from Bowser in New Super Mario Bros. (not to mention being on the roster of nearly every Mario spinoff game.) He was at his peak. With the revival of the Koopalings, however, his importance has been waning. I'd be surprised if Bowser Jr. made it into Smash now rather than at the height of his popularity.

I should make clear, however, that Bowser Jr. isn't the reason I think this leak is fake. I don't expect him on the roster, but I wouldn't put it past Sakurai, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom