• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread XIII: Leak Dynasty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonlight

Banned
Y5NYDze.gif

and the rest is history

georly

So I finally got my japanese 3DS last night (in the middle of all the leak stuff). My new 3DS family - japanese one in the middle! So pretty.

Finally finished setting it up. Got eshop and NNID up and working, made a legitimate purchase using my credit card to make sure it works. I'm all ready for 11 AM, fri sept 12 to download it.

If anyone else has a japanese 3DS and will be getting smash 4 on it, please PM me your friend code. Mine is: 2380-4905-4321

EulaCapra

Kinda shocked Jigglypuff made it to top 20 to be honest. And this is coming from someone who absolutely adores and mains Jiggly. Melee Puff regarded in high spirits!

Congrats, Queen Puff!
TjV72iz.gif

Bonus adorable pic of Wigglytuff.
HVYSCDf.jpg

georly

I will forever regret not getting that black Zelda 3DS

:(

Normally when i upgrade systems I get rid of the older one, but I couldn't for this one.

If the homebrew stuff actually comes out and works, that'll likely become my homebrew 3DS.

So MK's B moves seem basically the same looking at the famitsu scans.

Uhhhhhhhh ohhhhhhhh

B moves were only part of his problem (not to mention we know his up b no longer has the glide). Is there a translation for it? Do we know if we can knock him out of the tornado?

Kriken

I just noticed that Georly has the exact same setup as I do for the XL, then again, it's probably not that uncommon to have a plastic case for the ALBW 3DS XL

About time!
You are the hero we need.

Haha, just contributing to the hype in some small way as I participate in all of it. :) It's fun!

Does whoever loses have to put a crow in their avatar or is the TeamReal/TeamFake list just for fun?

As far as I'm concerned, it's just for fun. Individual people can make avatar bets over it or whatever, though. I'm just having a good time and silently laughing at the people taking this seriously or using it as a springboard to try and bully people.

Saw this on reddit.

#teamreal

Amazing, and really very true. I've definitely never felt more justified being on #TeamReal than I do now!

There's 37 choices total. In the countdown there will be a total of 22 characters, as there are two ties. I opted to just put ties on the same rank so we can get more character love. I guess I can change Yoshi to 22, Olimar to 21, etc.

Dude, just stay the course and do it however YOU want to. Don't worry about people pointing out tiny flaws and trying to rain on your parade. You're doing an awesome job with this, and you didn't even have to do it at all. Have a good time with it!

Jigglypuff
17th Place (Victory Music!)

Hell yeah, Jigglypuff! Should've been higher IMO, but I'm just glad Jigglypuff made it at all.

JediLink

Jigglypuff reminds me of an amazing story. Once I was playing doubles with Puff and I was kind of sucking, and I said to my teammate, "I'm not really feeling Puff". Then literally the next second or two after I said that I got a double rest on both of the opposing characters.

Dude, just stay the course and do it however YOU want to. Don't worry about people pointing out tiny flaws and trying to rain on your parade. You're doing an awesome job with this, and you didn't even have to do it at all. Have a good time with it!
Thanks for the support, man! I actually don't mind people critiquing stuff as long as it's in a polite way; so far, everyone has been really cool about it! I like getting to work with everybody to make as good as it can be. If someone says something I don't want I do, I definitely won't.

Pikma

Banned
So I finally got my japanese 3DS last night (in the middle of all the leak stuff). My new 3DS family - japanese one in the middle! So pretty.

Finally finished setting it up. Got eshop and NNID up and working, made a legitimate purchase using my credit card to make sure it works. I'm all ready for 11 AM, fri sept 12 to download it.

If anyone else has a japanese 3DS and will be getting smash 4 on it, please PM me your friend code. Mine is: 2380-4905-4321
Oh both of your TLoZ consoles are beautiful!
Btw, I've been looking through eBay and haven't found a deal as nearly as good as yours, the best deal I've found so far is a new OG system (exact same color as yours) for $200. All the used ones I've seen are at ~$170 so it isn't that big of a difference.

I'm gonna keep looking, for the next two days, after that I'm gonna have to make a decision. But yeah, I'm definitely getting one.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
That's what I'm thinking, but I'm still not sure if I want veterans involved at all or not. I'm still thinking on it. I'm also toying with throwing stages in the mix.

The problem with a newcomer only poll is that most of the newcomers suck some people aren't getting the 3DS version and won't have any experience with them yet.

But that probably doesn't matter much, there are probably only a few of us who don't care about the 3DS game.

I dunno about you guys but I've never been more antsy for new Smash info since this leak, as even a single new image could completely shut down or confirm everything

The problem with a newcomer only poll is that most of the newcomers suck some people aren't getting the 3DS version and won't have any experience with them yet.

But that probably doesn't matter much, there are probably only a few of us who don't care about the 3DS game.
That's true. I'll just have to ponder on it.

georly

Oh both of your TLoZ consoles are beautiful!
Btw, I've been looking through eBay and haven't found a deal as nearly as good as yours, the best deal I've found so far is a new OG system (exact same color as yours) for $200. All the used ones I've seen are at ~$170 so it isn't that big of a difference.

I'm gonna keep looking, for the next two days, after that I'm gonna have to make a decision. But yeah, I'm definitely getting one.

Oh no! I wonder if the demand has gone up recently! :( :( :( I think some sites you can get a new XL for roughly 230+, so for that difference, you might as well get a new XL!

Keep looking, best of luck :( :( :(

Still holding out hope for a return of Roy

http://www.computerandvideogames.co...or-wii-u-virtual-console-in-europe-this-week/ Roy's out tomorrow in the EU!

I just noticed that Georly has the exact same setup as I do for the XL, then again, it's probably not that uncommon to have a plastic case for the ALBW 3DS XL

But do you have the nintendo wrist strap!?!?!?!?! :)

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
1. IntelliHeath-7348
2. theprodigy-5447
3. foxuzamaki-4395
4. Horizon-3887
5. ffdgh-3733
6. Neiteio-3640 (+2)
7. SmithnCo-3624 (-1)
8. BGBW-3415 (+1)
9. SuperSah-3344 (-2)
10. georly-3156
11. Boss Doggie-2971
12. PadWarrior-2925 (+6)
13. Troubled Bat-2894 (-1)
14. Berordn-2734
15. Beelzebufo-2729 (-2)
16. Village-2618 (-2)
17. OricWindstar-2398 (+10)
18. qq more-2397 (-2)
19. DaBoss-2380 (-2)
20. Loco4Coco-2356 (+1)
21. Ryce-2337 (-1)
22. I'M FINISHED-2278 (-3)
23. zroid-2169 (-1)
24. MrSaturn99-2088 (-1)
25. Toxi-2079
26. Kriken-2060 (-2)
27. Red Arremer -2016 (-1)
28. Azure J-1765
29. Kyzon-1722 (+4)
30. BassForever-1718
31. Caladrius-1709
32. Pop-O-Matic-1703
33. SenorArdilla-1693 (-4)
34. Neoriceisgood-1457
35. GamerSoul-1430
36. JoeInky-1401 (+3)
37. The Great Gonzales-1358 (+7)
38. Baron von Loathsome-1325 (+2)
39. Anth0ny-1262 (-3)
40. ShockingAlberto-1237 (-3)
41. Dimitri LH-1235
42. Sponge-1203 (NEW)
43. KHlover-1192 (-6)
44. Golnei-1156 (NEW)
45. emb-1154 (NEW)
46. Benzychenz-1147 (-1)
47. Watch Da Birdie-1137 (NEW)
48. Shadow Hog-1134 (-5)
49. Hyperactivity-1114 (-7)
50. Hatchtag-1111 (NEW)

biggest rise: OricWindstar, 10 spots (!!!)
biggest fall: Hyperactivity, 7 spots
newcomers: Sponge, Golnei, emb, Watch Da Birdie, Hatchtag
dropped out: DICKS AHOY, Qurupeke, ArchedThunder

notes:
  • finally have a full top 50; on this note, it is in theory possible that someone averaged 93 posts per thread without going over 100, thus making this list despite not being tracked, but I highly doubt it
  • damn Oric!
  • I wonder if Horizon can clip foxuzamaki right at the finish line....
Dont give Horizon false hope

Neoxon

Dad ordered pizza for me before I had the chance to order it myself. Looks like I'll be able to test the theory.

Hopefully, I doze off, & we get a veteran.

Masked Man

I said wow
As always, happy to be of service to you, SmashGAF! I now bring you new info on Meta Knight:

• Neutral Special: Mach Tornado - Begins spinning rapidly in place, generates a tornado and damages opponents; press the button repeatedly to gradually rise upward, tilt the stick to move left or right
  • Side Special: Drill Rush - Thrusts forward while spinning, hits the opponent multiple times; tilt the stick up or down to adjust the trajectory
  • Side Custom 1: Speed Drill - Moves more quickly than Drill Rush; cannot adjust pitch but travels further
  • Side Custom 2: Break Drill - Deals less damage and travels less distance than Drill Rush, but is able to shatter opponents' shields
  • Down Special: Dimensional Cape - Envelops himself in his cape and disappears, reappears nearby a moment later; tilt the stick to warp left or right, hold the button to perform an attack once you reappear
  • Up Special: Shuttle Loop - Slashes while rising upward, does a loop-de-loop and performs a follow-up slash; second slash has particularly high knockback
  • Final Smash: Galaxia Darkness - Whips his cape in front of him to trap nearby opponents; if an opponent gets caught, the screen fades to black and Meta Knight performs a devastating slash; all opponents will receive damage so long as the move activates successfully (i.e. at least one opponent gets caught in the cape)

I wonder what the four ghosts on Wily's Castle were doing in Pac-Man's reveal trailer, if they're not one of his special moves. Maybe they're a customization?

My guess is that they're an AT, but it's hard to say. Maybe they'll be one of the neutral special customizations?

georly

As always, happy to be of service to you, SmashGAF! I now bring you new info on Meta Knight:

• Neutral Special: Mach Tornado - Begins spinning rapidly in place, generates a tornado and damages opponents; press the button repeatedly to gradually rise upward, tilt the stick to move left or right
  • Side Special: Drill Rush - Thrusts forward while spinning, hits the opponent multiple times; tilt the stick up or down to adjust the trajectory
  • Side Custom 1: Speed Drill - Moves more quickly than Drill Rush; cannot adjust pitch but travels further
  • Side Custom 2: Break Drill - Deals less damage and travels less distance than Drill Rush, but is able to shatter opponents' shields
  • Down Special: Dimensional Cape - Envelops himself in his cape and disappears, reappears nearby a moment later; tilt the stick to warp left or right, hold the button to perform an attack once you reappear
  • Up Special: Shuttle Loop - Slashes while rising upward, does a loop-de-loop and performs a follow-up slash; second slash has particularly high knockback
  • Final Smash: Galaxia Darkness - Whips his cape in front of him to trap nearby opponents; if an opponent gets caught, the screen fades to black and Meta Knight performs a devastating slash; all opponents will receive damage so long as the move activates successfully (i.e. at least one opponent gets caught in the cape)

My guess is that they're an AT, but it's hard to say. Maybe they'll be one of the neutral special customizations?

Great, so nothing has changed!

That's his dad.

Can't wait to get this game digitally though.

Never played it, always assumed it was roy, good to know!

Ryce

Thanks for the translations!

I wonder what the four ghosts on Wily's Castle were doing in Pac-Man's reveal trailer, if they're not one of his special moves. Maybe they're a customization?
I'd put money on an Assist Trophy. Pac-Man's sprite attacks have black outlines, but the four ghosts didn't. And it's not like Pac-Man has a ton of AT options.

Here's hoping he's nerfed in other ways... =/

Guesong

Thank you! :)

Break Drill sounds deliciously broken. I'm not surprised that Famitsu does not delve deeper in their informations to say if MK got hit with the balance bat a bit, so I'll wait anxiously still.

I mean he can keep his specials I don't mind. The real problem was the ridiculous priority he had on them (and all sword moves IIRC, so his whole arsenal)

Sponge

Banned
1. IntelliHeath-7348
2. theprodigy-5447
3. foxuzamaki-4395
4. Horizon-3887
5. ffdgh-3733
6. Neiteio-3640 (+2)
7. SmithnCo-3624 (-1)
8. BGBW-3415 (+1)
9. SuperSah-3344 (-2)
10. georly-3156
11. Boss Doggie-2971
12. PadWarrior-2925 (+6)
13. Troubled Bat-2894 (-1)
14. Berordn-2734
15. Beelzebufo-2729 (-2)
16. Village-2618 (-2)
17. OricWindstar-2398 (+10)
18. qq more-2397 (-2)
19. DaBoss-2380 (-2)
20. Loco4Coco-2356 (+1)
21. Ryce-2337 (-1)
22. I'M FINISHED-2278 (-3)
23. zroid-2169 (-1)
24. MrSaturn99-2088 (-1)
25. Toxi-2079
26. Kriken-2060 (-2)
27. Red Arremer -2016 (-1)
28. Azure J-1765
29. Kyzon-1722 (+4)
30. BassForever-1718
31. Caladrius-1709
32. Pop-O-Matic-1703
33. SenorArdilla-1693 (-4)
34. Neoriceisgood-1457
35. GamerSoul-1430
36. JoeInky-1401 (+3)
37. The Great Gonzales-1358 (+7)
38. Baron von Loathsome-1325 (+2)
39. Anth0ny-1262 (-3)
40. ShockingAlberto-1237 (-3)
41. Dimitri LH-1235
42. Sponge-1203 (NEW)
43. KHlover-1192 (-6)
44. Golnei-1156 (NEW)
45. emb-1154 (NEW)
46. Benzychenz-1147 (-1)
47. Watch Da Birdie-1137 (NEW)
48. Shadow Hog-1134 (-5)
49. Hyperactivity-1114 (-7)
50. Hatchtag-1111 (NEW)

biggest rise: OricWindstar, 10 spots (!!!)
biggest fall: Hyperactivity, 7 spots
newcomers: Sponge, Golnei, emb, Watch Da Birdie, Hatchtag
dropped out: DICKS AHOY, Qurupeke, ArchedThunder

notes:
  • finally have a full top 50; on this note, it is in theory possible that someone averaged 93 posts per thread without going over 100, thus making this list despite not being tracked, but I highly doubt it
  • damn Oric!
  • I wonder if Horizon can clip foxuzamaki right at the finish line....

I DID IT

I need to catch up though. You guys have blown through yet another thread today while I've been working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom