• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread XIII: Leak Dynasty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you guys know already that Ridley fans on Smashboards are, without a trace of irony, using the term "Too Bigots" to describe people against Ridley's inclusion in Smash (including #1 public enemy Sakurai)?

If not, now you know.
A mod from there actually came here and used that term.

Yes, it's stupid.

Jawmuncher

You never heard about Ike Climbers, did you?

Not once.

The neck freaks me out too, but Other M Ridley is so...muscular. It kind of has the same effect. I think Meta Ridley has a neck that's similar but because it's mechanical it seems more natural. Omega Ridley just has a thicker neck. I'd rather have one of those get recolored purple for Ridley. Or have one of them as an alt, either way.

I didn't even know Omega Ridley was a thing. But I love his look.
I should get on playing the prime series.

The only character that could possibly be more OP than MK
Outside of Fox Climbers

Ok now that's awesome.

Jigglypuff is one of my favorite characters. Cool to see she got top 20!

I lean more towards aerial characters so I love using her. Controlling the air with her is just too much fun, and I love her aggressive play.

-Horizon-

Jigglypuff huh. Can't say I use it much in Smash or in Pokemon games in general. Only game where I used it somewhat longer than usual was Pokemon Conquest.

tumblr_mbjgy6dRK91qi2js8o1_500.png

New game when? ;-;

Odie_Esty

Not once.

I didn't even know Omega Ridley was a thing. But I love his look.
I should get on playing the prime series.

I bought the tirlogy a week ago and am about 60% through prime 2. Prime 1 is fantastic, it perfectly straddles the line between ambiguous and confusing in a way other games (even it's successor) can't. Prime 2 is...alright. It's not bad it's just...not as good. I played Prime 3 nearly to completion years ago but I couldn't tell you much about it. Prime 1's really good.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Jigglypuff at 17th place. Not bad. She's amazing in Melee with Rest.

My friends and I always do Puff Mode in Melee.

5 stocks, Jigglypuff only, Rest only

It suck in Brawl and we just stopped using Jigglypuff due to his rest being nerf, so we were hoping that we could use Puff Mode again for Smash 4. BUFF HIS REST BACK TO MELEE'S!

Toxi

Banned
tumblr_lpc7cm525N1qbjdqj.gif

Jigglypuff is so cute! And fun! She's one of the few characters in Smash (Alongside Captain Falcon) who people love because of Smash.

J@hranimo

Banned
Haha Jiggs is awesome because:

1. KANYE REST

2. In Brawl when you hold her shield down all the way until it bursts, she self destructs through the ceiling and becomes a star KO.

That was so weird lmao.

You know, what if Ice Climbers are being held back because Sakurai wants to make them three separate slots as well as tweak them a bit?

1. Ice Climbers - Standard tandem style
2. Popo - Stronger, but slower than Nana
3. Nana - Faster, but weaker than Popo

That'd be so neat

Myn

Its far more likely if Ice Climbers are cut or made into dlc its because 4 ice climbers on the 3ds wrecks the frame rate and they needed more time to work out the kinks.

Where is the evidence for this? I hear about this a lot, although Sakurai stated that it was a challenge to get the Ice Climbers to work in the 3DS environment, he didn't indicate anything about them lagging the game. I also recall some threads ago that a post was made showing Ice Climber's models from Brawl are half the resolution of a standard character, and that same poster theorized that the reason Sakurai said the Ice Climbers would be hard to manage was because of the resolution of the game on the 3DS itself being so small, it'd be hard to see and keep track of four at once which makes more sense. There's nothing pointing to them hogging resources of any kind, and seeing as how they were developed in Brawl and Melee shows that they know how to optimize their models to prevent lag.

You know, what if Ice Climbers are being held back because Sakurai wants to make them three separate slots as well as tweak them a bit?

1. Ice Climbers - Standard tandem style
2. Popo - Stronger, but slower than Nana
3. Nana - Faster, but weaker than Popo

That'd be so neat

I think to add on to that, it'd be an interesting concept to power them up a bit when once climber is KO'd so at least the solo climber would be a bit more viable to use.

Jawmuncher

I bought the tirlogy a week ago and am about 60% through prime 2. Prime 1 is fantastic, it perfectly straddles the line between ambiguous and confusing in a way other games (even it's successor) can't. Prime 2 is...alright. It's not bad it's just...not as good. I played Prime 3 nearly to completion years ago but I couldn't tell you much about it. Prime 1's really good.

I have 3 and the GC games somewhere. When I get to my retro mood I'll be sure to get to them. Probably closer to Smashs US release.

-----------

Jiggly puff at 17 huh. I'm indifferent.
Though I did have one cool random match with her when playing with friends. Somehow ended up dominating the match.

Doorman

I will never forget my early days of Jigglypuff in Smash. I had an old players guide (Bradygames, I think?) that warned all who read it to never, ever use her down-B special. "She just falls asleep. That's it. It's useless."

I happened to find out about Rest's true power through sheer personal dumb luck and experimentation and it felt completely awesome. In retrospect it was just a horrible job on the part of the guide-writers to overlook the most powerful attack in the game, but back in the day I felt SO GODDAMNED SMART. Keep it up, Jiggles.

Growlie19

I see Jigglypuff as the Dan (SF4) of the series. Looks out of place, has odd attacks, but still kicks ass with Rest and it's nearly unbeatable air game. It's always satisfying to hear the *ping* after landing Rest. I hope it's new Fairy typing gives it a replacement for Pound, like Disarming Voice. Jiggs is a staple and I hope it never leaves, relevancy or no relevancy.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Well that's certainly a surprise...no people can't say "well they should cut Jigglypuff, not relevant enough".

Neoxon

Something occurred to me. Why is Ganondorf darker in the CSS than in the other picture where we see more of his render on the bottom screen?

jnWake

Pac-Man:
  • Custom Down 2: Bomb Hydrant - Drops an explosive fire hydrant beneath him, explodes on contact with the ground (when summoned from the air) or after a certain amount of time (when summoned on the ground)

This one sounds damn cool. A lot of variety in Pac-Man's moves, seems like a fun character.

Is it too late to participate in the rating for the remaining vets. I somehow missed the boat on rating them :(
Unfortunately yes. :/ But I've been hearing people having missed the vote window a lot so I'll probably be doing a second one leading up to the Wii U launch for the new roster.

Pikma

Banned
Something occurred to me. Why is Ganondorf darker in the CSS than in the other picture where we see more of his render on the bottom screen?
His CSS one was taken after his daily tanning session, I mean, being Handsomedorf ain't easy.

SmithnCo

The CSS pics seem to have pretty dark darks. He looks out of place color-wise but it's hard to really tell with the quality of the pics.

Unfortunately yes. :/ But I've been hearing people having missed the vote window a lot so I'll probably be doing a second one leading up to the Wii U launch for the new roster.

Should do a newcomer-centric poll since we'll have had a bunch of hands on time with the characters by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom