• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Pre-TGS 2014 SCEJA Conference Verdict: Good, Bad or Ugly?

So due to some work i had to do in the morning, i didn't watch the Conference. Just caught up with the Dragon Quest Heroes announcement.

Gaf how was the rest of the show? better than E3/Gamescom?.

Any megatons from Japan?

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Very bad.

Persona on PS4 was the highlight for me.

Nice to see more Senran Kagura, Ys, and some other games, but eh....

Where is my Idolm@ster PS4 ?!

I-hate-u

pile_of_shit.gif

Nyoro SF

Ugly. There were a few items of interest but by majority it was just retreads or games of no interest / games we'll never get localized forcing my importing hand.

Usobuko

Banned
The only shitty part was the shoehorn trailer from games we have already seen before. The rest is more or less the usual fare in Japan with standout surprises like the new Ys game.

They managed to have two straight hours of game footage, yet very few big announcements.

The Bloodborne date pleased me, and a few other announcements like Persona 5 and Ys for ps4 were nice, but nothing groundbreaking really appeared.

KalBalboa

Banned
Lots of new games announced for a pre-TGS show.

Hot Shots Golf & Persona 5 for PS4 alone made it noteworthy for me, not to mention the extra Vita love. Throw in Dragon Quest and Ys... solid show.

8/10.

Toki767

It was pretty, nor was it entertaining, but they did what they had to do.

Cross-gen and Vita titles aren't going to move PS4s though.

cj_iwakura

Wonderful, worth staying up just for Ys and P5.

Mostly niche stuff, so I don't expect it to get much western hype.

I got Ys, Dragon Quest, God Eater and Persona 5 for PS4.

I enjoyed it. Maybe it's because I went in with no expectations. (IE Last Guardian, KH3, FFXV, Beyond Good & Evil 2, ect,)

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I got bloodborne release date, P5, Ys, senran kagura, disgaea 5 and some actual Vita attention.

So better than E3 and gamescon combined.

MavFan619

Banned
Horrendous, the good news of Bloodborne, and P5 and various other jrpgs (most of them coming to Vita and PS3 as well) couldn't save how horrendous that was for me.

Bishop89

I still havnt seen it, but....
persona 5, ys & disgaea for ps4 make this a decent conference for me. Not sure if there were more titles which got announced. I think I read yakuza, if so, it was a fantastic conference.

Dont hear much about first party stuff which is disappointing

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Really bad. So slow. The translators were, once again, the most entertaining part. I couldn't take it when Kojima started talking in circles about P.T. even after the MGSV banner showed up behind him.

Busaiku

PS4's biggest titles are still multiplatform well into 2015.
It may still have a lot of trouble going forward.

Top Bottom