• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Pre-TGS 2014 SCEJA Conference Verdict: Good, Bad or Ugly?

Ys
Persona
Disgaea

DQ possibly on playstation consoles in the future? I'd say that was SOLID. I'm a huge Ys fan so I'd even say it was amazing for that alone.

StuBurns

Banned
It made me question if Japan was ever any good, maybe I was just young and stupid.

And that anime aesthetic is truly heinous.

But Persona 5 is coming to a meaningful platform for the West, so there's that.

mpgeist

I was okay with it. I'm a total DoA mark. KUF2 and Senran Kagura look fun. Nice to have a Bloodborne release date and I'm way happy that P5 is coming to PS4.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I'm very excited about the new Minna no Golf. The EDF up port or whatever it is I'll buy immediately. I'll buy Ys, Persona 5, and DQ Musou. But I... was hoping for a hell of a lot more. Frown.

Sony should be thanking their lucky stars that From agreed to work with them on an exclusive again after their treatment of Demon's Souls. That is literally the only thing they have that makes me want a PS4, and they better fucking follow up with TLG.

Anth0ny

Ugly.

Best parts were a release date for a game we already had a release window for and the announcement of a PS4 port for a PS3 game.

dancmc

Since I am not a huge fan of Japanese centric games all I was hoping for was a 1-2 cool announcements for games I would be interested: in. Came away with RER2. So missions accomplished? Still feel a little disappointed though even with measured expectations

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
It made me question if Japan was ever any good, maybe I was just young and stupid.

And that anime aesthetic is truly heinous.

But Persona 5 is coming to a meaningful platform for the West, so there's that.

But persona 5 is anime.

FTF

ABSOLUTE SHIT. Sony already pulled the wool over everyone's eyes by selling 10 million units without games in NA/EU, but now we finally get to see how shitty Sony's first party output and lack of third party negotiations really is. Dragon Warriors Musou? Half of the PS4 games shown being western titles we've already seen at E3/Gamescom? No FFXV or KH3? No TLG? Sony deserves to sell like shit from now until the end of the generation. I hope they burn for this treachery.

lol I thought this was serious until that last line hahaha, well done.

Best
ihJ3obYIfE3zG.gif

i8PqPEDpkM7aI.gif

And the biohazard remastered trailer i guess.

jamsy

Fucking horrible. Not sure why so many people are hyped for Persona 5 on PS4 either, it'll just be an upresed PS3 game...

Touhou
DQ heroes
P5 on PS4
Disgaea 5
Senran Kagura Estival Versus
YS
EDF 4.1
God Eater 2 Rage burst PS4
samurai warrior chronicle
new HSG (openworld golf entertaintment)
and of course harada ,summer lesson (morpheus waifu sim)
also keeping vita alive.

good enough

the chris

It was worth staying up for just for the Persona 5 announcement for PS4 and the reactions to Square Enix showing off their Dragon Quest musuo game.

sub_o

Fairly average. Glad to know that Persona 5 is coming to PS4, Bloodborne has a release date, new Way of Samurai, new Hotshots Golf, and Ys coming to PS4 and Vita.

Codeblue

Good news is that I'm going to be buying a lot of PS3 and Vita games.

Bad news is that there's still no reason to get a PS4 beyond Bloodborne, and that isn't enough.

watershed

Banned
The conference was terrible, too long and poorly paced. But Sony has done it's job in terms of securing a bunch of games for both the PS4 and Vita that will appeal to Japanese gamers. So really, I think they did quite well. And DQ Heroes is gonna be a big deal.

ABSOLUTE SHIT. Sony already pulled the wool over everyone's eyes by selling 10 million units without games in NA/EU, but now we finally get to see how shitty Sony's first party output and lack of third party negotiations really is. Dragon Warriors Musou? Half of the PS4 games shown being western titles we've already seen at E3/Gamescom? No FFXV or KH3? No TLG? Sony deserves to sell like shit from now until the end of the generation. I hope they burn for this treachery.

Everybody golf and DQ spin off will sell more than TLG ever will .
Plus everyone knows FF and KH coming showing trailer for games that year plus away not going to help PS4 .
Better to show games that coming early in 2015.

It was not a bad show so i give 7 out of 10.

Steroyd

For 90% of it, it was.

ibeDxasaGdszy6.gif

But Persona 5, Disgaea 5, Aaaw Ys, Everybody's Golf getting some PS4 love ontop of Square Enix epically botching an announcement of A NEW DRAGON QUEST ON CONSOLE'S...

WORTH IT!

First half sucked, second half rocked. Awesome with a bunch of stuff that could have been cut- so pretty much your average sony conference.

Some Nobody

Pretty trash. There were some good spots, I won't say there weren't any--but you'd be better off visiting a game website for announcements and picking and choosing rather than wasting two hours of your life trying to watch this.

Best post of the thread. Sony will pay for their sins.

For 90% of it, it was.

ibeDxasaGdszy6.gif

But Persona 5, Disgaea 5, Aaaw Ys, Everybody's Golf getting some PS4 love ontop of Square Enix epically botching an announcement of A NEW DRAGON QUEST ON CONSOLE'S...

WORTH IT!

Replace the last line with

MMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

DieH@rd

Banned
A LOT OF GAMES GOT ANNOUNCED, but many are not for the west.

Announcement list stolen from Nightengale:

Everybody's Golf PS4
Senran Kagura Estival Versus PS4
Ys PS4
Disgaea 5 PS4
Persona 5 PS4/PS3
EDF 4.1 PS4
Dragon Quest Heroes PS4/PS3
Gundam PS4
Bladestorm PS4
Touhou Project PS4
God Eater 2 : Rage Burst PS4/Vita
Ryu ga Gotoku ZERO PS4/PS3
One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 PS4/PS4
Biohazard Revelations 2 (all platforms exc.WiiU)

+PS4 themes

Top Bottom