• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Pre-TGS 2014 SCEJA Conference Verdict: Good, Bad or Ugly?

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
I tried to keep up with the conference thread but for every page I read there was another 2 New pages of people spamming the same crap.

PS4 time

PS4 time

Time for PS4

PS4 time. GR2 confirmed.

PS4 TIME!

Thank God, PS4 TIME

etc etc.

Oh and Farm Simulator 2. ;-)

Apart from Persona 5 it was a shit show. If that was the megaton I would have thought it was decent but Dragon Quest Musou put it right on the shit list.

After having a good E3 and an awesome GC, Sony dropped the ball hard. What an utter waste of time, I could haave used the time to get some sleep and dreamt a better conference

Persona 5, Disgaea 5, Ys and God Eater 2 all coming to PS4 make it a great conference to me.

I liked the PS4 themes they were showing as well.

I give the Japanese of being late to the party, but still, their output so far seems derivative and by the book. Musuou oriented games, dating sims, anime novels...
The conference was bizarre. As in Japanese bizarre (no offense to any Japanese gaffer). The pacing was shit, and there was no megaton moment. However, the announced games are pretty much solid :
Biohazard Revelations2, Bloodborne, YS, Dragon Quest Heroes, Person 5, Mina No Golf, The next Disagea...

Kiyo

Decent. Better than E3. Worse than Gamescom imo. They spent more time on games we already know about, so it was more like E3. But they had more new stuff. The people upset were just people with the unrealistic expectations of TLG/FFXV/KH3.

Persona 5, Bloodborne release date, Yakuza Zero. That's pretty great! And TGS is in 2 weeks with a few megatons I'm sure ^)

Mononoke

Banned
ihJ3obYIfE3zG.gif

i8PqPEDpkM7aI.gif

This + Persona 5 = conference saved.

FTF

FFXV (and TLG) is a Super Bowl win and we're all just Bills fans…next year, next year…I've accepted it's just not happening and the dream is dead.

There were more announcements that interested me at TGS than at the previous conferences. Persona 5 was the high point (but expected,) FFXV's no-show was the low point.

_hekk05

Banned
How could this be bad? What happened?
What did you expect at first?

People refuse to realise the conference is aimed at JPN, not a worldwide audience.

Persona 5 Disgaea 5 ys hype
also JPN really knows how to develop for the morpheus huehuehue

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Boring conf, but full of very Japanese-centric games, so a very good conference for Sony, considering that it is a pre-TGS conference.
A lot of multiplatform (PS3-4-vita) contents, but that's not necessarily a bad thing, for the company, that should guide in a very positive way the transition from PS3 to PS4, with Vita in the middle.
DQ Heroes signs an historycal moment, with the IP coming back to Sony since DQ8.

Wynnebeck

Banned
ABSOLUTE SHIT. Sony already pulled the wool over everyone's eyes by selling 10 million units without games in NA/EU, but now we finally get to see how shitty Sony's first party output and lack of third party negotiations really is. Dragon Warriors Musou? Half of the PS4 games shown being western titles we've already seen at E3/Gamescom? No FFXV or KH3? No TLG? Sony deserves to sell like shit from now until the end of the generation. I hope they burn for this treachery.

Steel

Banned
Vita got more games than PS4. Most new games were on the creepy side. Ys for vita/ps4 looks interesting. God Eater 2 burst for vita/ps4 looks interesting. Persona 5 ps4 made the conference worth it.

Relique

It is clear that Japan is getting way behind on the technical side of things. I've seen PS4 announcements that look like early PS3 games. Even the titles that I want to play don't look particularly impressive. I know that graphics aren't everything and am pretty excited for Persona 5 and DQ Musou, but I was hoping for something flashy and spectacular.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
It started off really, really fucking rocky.... then Bloodborne release date happened and things started to have an upward tick.

Bloodborne in early feb
Persona 5
PS4 themes

If DQ was a legit DQ RPG it would have shot this motherfucker into the stratosphere for me, but, alas.... *sigh*

I mean, I'll take it *shrugs* so it was alright I guess. Wasn't worth staying up though. Not at all. I regret doing that dearly. ugh

Better than I expected TBH (low expectations).

It showed a lot but mostly retread of Western games and some B-tier Japanese titles for the most part.

Everybodys Golf announced was nice, P5 coming to PS4 was awesome and Dragon Quest coming to PS4 (albeit in mosou vision) was also nice. Outside of that it was kind of business as usual. But those 3 announcements above made it and for that reason, I think it was OK actually.

Astery

First Half- felling asleep bored.
When Japanese Games finally begins- not bad, I believe the last few couple of years are worse anyway. I guess that's because I have 0 expectations at this point and anything that's new will be good.

thefit

ABSOLUTE SHIT. Sony already pulled the wool over everyone's eyes by selling 10 million units without games in NA/EU, but now we finally get to see how shitty Sony's first party output and lack of third party negotiations really is. Dragon Warriors Musou? Half of the PS4 games shown being western titles we've already seen at E3/Gamescom? No FFXV or KH3? No TLG? Sony deserves to sell like shit from now until the end of the generation. I hope they burn for this treachery.

wow wtf is wrong with you?

Top Bottom