• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelations 2 (PS4/PS3/XB1/360/PC) - Early 2015

Jawmuncher

Barry confimed :D

yOHyII5.png

Why would someone sport military boots at a gala ?
I'd guess he's working as a security contractor.

Please be True.

Any talk about coop? There was the raid mode in the first game but I wonder if they'll do a proper campaign coop mode now that they've been unshackled from the 3ds

Xpliskin

This teaser is actually pretty clever, last hints:

-People are contaminated using the bracelets. Somekind of bioterror attack.

-Rachel isn't wearing one, barry neither.
The person barry is talking to could be Rebecca, we can't see if she's wearing a bracelet.
But the signature colors are here: green(?) hoodie and white

-The 3rd character is off-screen near the end, firing a bullet into the zombie's head.
Claire is also in this shot, this means that it's not claire.

uyTjPa9.png

3rd character is either Rachel or Rebecca, assuming all characters are portrayed in the teaser

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
News Bot already said Rebecca and Billy are not in this game. Seems like Barry is an extremely HIGH possibility now tho.

I'm sure the last person is either Hunk or Alex Wesker.

Neff

The person barry is talking to could be Rebecca, we can't see if she's wearing a bracelet.

Her cutoff shorts seem to be a more explicit Claire reference, but the short hair could mean Becky.

I'm sold on boots dude being Barry though, and that's definitely Rachel back from the
dead

Lothar

Banned
Was the original Resident Evil Revelations any good? (From the perspective that RE5 and RE6 are terrible, and RE1-4, CV were good)

Manu

Wait, how can it be Rachel? Does this happen before the first game?

Please don't start making the games in a MGS-like timeline.

Was the original Resident Evil Revelations any good? (From the perspective that RE5 and RE6 are terrible, and RE1-4, CV were good)

For me, it was massively overrated as a pure game, but a decent attempt at trying to bring back the tense atmosphere of RE1-4 so you might like it. RE4 and RE5's gameplay are a lot better than it however.

I think you would dig the athmosphere if you like the older games, but Revelations is definitely a post RE4 game.

I enjoyed it on the 3DS.

Edit:^ lol, great minds think alike.

Jawmuncher

Barry has me pumped.
If he really made it back into a mainline RE game i'll be ecstatic and just as pumped when I saw the RE6 reveal.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
For me, it was massively overrated as a pure game, but a decent attempt at trying to bring back the tense atmosphere of RE1-4 so you might like it. RE4 and RE5's gameplay are a lot better than it however.

Well I thought it completely failed at the atmosphere aspect but yeah it was overrated by those claiming a return to form since it did nothing particularly well.

Same. I'm already excited because of Claire haha

Yeah if Claire is in it I'll day 1 it.

Jawmuncher

I think Capcom has finally realized that with their huge backlog of RE characters.
If they bring them back periodically that alone will build up hype with the fanbase.

-MD-

I think Capcom has finally realized that with their huge backlog of RE characters.
If they bring them back periodically that alone will build up hype with the fanbase.

Old characters in another Revelations styled RE game won't do much to win older fans back.

Jawmuncher

Old characters in another Revelations styled RE game won't do much to win older fans back.

I was just talking a more general fanbase.
The one's that have dealt with the change and don't mind it at this point.

With REmake this year as well though in early 2015 as well no less.
It does seem like they're finally going to try and incorporate both style now though at least for the other fans.

MetalSlug

This is starting to sound like it'll turn out to be good. The game also not being on a handheld is also a positive.

-MD-

I was just talking a more general fanbase.
The one's that have dealt with the change and don't mind it at this point.

With REmake this year as well though in early 2015 as well no less.
It does seem like they're finally going to try and incorporate both style now though at least for the other fans.

I'm curious what they plan on doing with Revelations2/RE7. Seems like they have a good opportunity to make a game that appeals to each side of the RE fanbase, we'll see.

The re-release of REmake is interesting to see in 2014 coming from Capcom, first time in awhile I'm interested in what they're working on.

Neff

There being another A. Wesker alive in the RE universe revealed the game where they so happen to kill off Albert Wesker is not a tease. ok sure...

The 'Wesker children' were kids abducted, trained and experimented on for the purpose of serving Umbrella, but they were from entirely different backgrounds. They share the surname because they were named after the project's leader.

Sadist

Barry? That would be awesome.

If he's in I'd imagine the game would take place in like the early 2000's. In the current timeline he's 54 years old.

Jawmuncher

I'm curious what they plan on doing with Revelations2/RE7. Seems like they have a good opportunity to make a game that appeals to each side of the RE fanbase, we'll see.

The re-release of REmake is interesting to see in 2014 coming from Capcom, first time in awhile I'm interested in what they're working on.

They showed with RE6 and REV that they were trying to please everyone. It was a nice gesture even if it didn't work out. Hopefully the feedback from both will be applied since those efforts were lopsided. But the rerelease of REmake speaks volumes. I can see them touching up Zero next and going from there. They might keep those sort of titles as digital efforts depending on sales but that's better than nothing for that style of game which is basically dead now.

Jawmuncher

Barry? That would be awesome.

If he's in I'd imagine the game would take place in like the early 2000's. In the current timeline he's 54 years old.

Would fit since Rachel is hinted at in the pic.
So we all know this is before revelations which was 2005 on the timeline.

Jawmuncher

Call them whatever you want, there is another "Wesker" out there. That is what matters. They make mention of that meaning it was to play a big part in the timeline then completely ignore it for about 6 years.

It's going to be like Sherry.
Boom Alex Wesker when we finally forgot about it.

News Bot

Banned
Call them whatever you want, there is another "Wesker" out there. That is what matters. They make mention of that meaning it was to play a big part in the timeline then completely ignore it for about 6 years.

He's a "Wesker" literally in name only. In the main BIO5 storyline he's only slightly hinted at and his existence is otherwise denied. He wasn't a full-fledged character until Lost In Nightmares in 2010.

They make mention of a lot of things that are important but don't show up until years later. That's a consequence of business and development. Things change, get cancelled or interrupted, etc.

The Progenitor Virus would be the biggest offender. It was meant to be revealed in 2001. Took eight years before it was. It went through several revisions as a result of the games it was featured in being scrapped and/or remade during that time.

Hmm, as someone who is fairly new to Resident Evil (only played through 5), do you guys think it's worth picking up the first Revalations or should I just wait?

Top Bottom