• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Eye of Judgment - The Official Thread

dankir

Man I bough the game yesterday. Fucking 1376 file update! TOOK TWO HOURS!!!

Good thing the game is fun.

Question for you all, is there any way I can register all my cards to the game and have it make a deck for me? Because I bought about 6 additional booster packs ( 3 original, 3 biolith ones) And not sure whats good and whats not.

Wollan

krypt0nian said:
There is no way I'm paying them to have the privilege of buying new cards. WTF.
Look at it this way, the audience for this game is pretty small.
Sony are the only ones giving this age-old dream project a chance.
Who knows if it's even profitable. Support the dream krypt0nian.

;)

Where are you people buying your booster packs? I've tried the following places and they either look at you like your crazy if you ask, or they've only got 1 or 2 themed decks:

frys
toys r us
best buy
target
gamestop
the sony metreon
random card/toy/fantasy stores
circuit city

I'd rather not have to resort to picking up cards online, but it seems like that's the only option so far.

Wollan said:
Sony are the only ones giving this age-old dream project project a chance.

;)

I hear what you're saying and it does put a small crack in my iron cold heart, but it will take a bit more convincing.

Get my butt into the Conan beta! ;)

depward

shattyboombatty said:
Where are you people buying your booster packs? I've tried the following places and they either look at you like your crazy if you ask, or they've only got 1 or 2 themed decks:

frys
toys r us
best buy
target
gamestop
the sony metreon
random card/toy/fantasy stores
circuit city

I'd rather not have to resort to picking up cards online, but it seems like that's the only option so far.

I found boosters at a Gamestop. The set 2 themed decks, apparently, haven't shipped to stores yet...

depward said:
I found boosters at a Gamestop. The set 2 themed decks, apparently, haven't shipped to stores yet...

werid, I actually bought gamestop out of all their set 2 packs the other day (2 whole packs =P ) but they didn't have any set 1, and hadn't for a while.

DCharlie

Banned
Sony are the only ones giving this age-old dream project a chance.

:lol

i supported this game, hell i even like it, hell i didn't even mind paying for the cards - it was fun in a snazzy "like Panini" collecting thing all over again. And the was the utter comedy of me never winning a game against Mrs C.... ever.

Then the second set of cards come out, and i'm supposed to pay 3500 yen for the update BEFORE i've pay nigh on 400 yen for a pack of cards?

No thanks, will stay with deck one and not bother. Buzzkill total.

shattyboombatty said:
werid, I actually bought gamestop out of all their set 2 packs the other day (2 whole packs =P ) but they didn't have any set 1, and hadn't for a while.

Oops, misread your post and didn't see that you were talking about the set 2 decks.

Maybe I'll just end up buying a box of boosters online. This is turning into an expensive game to enjoy.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Wait wait wait hold on a second here-

Am I reading this right? You have to pay for an update to play with the cards you just paid them for?

WHAT!?!?

Wollan

Anyone know of an online Australian store selling these cards?

Edit: Actually Ebay is sufficient. A Sydney based store selling through it, got absolute everything for Set 2.

FlyinJ said:
Wait wait wait hold on a second here-

Am I reading this right? You have to pay for an update to play with the cards you just paid them for?

WHAT!?!?

As insane as this does sound, it makes sense in the way that it prevents some amount of profit loss due to piracy of people just printing out the entire series 1 and 2 decks at home.

As for the measurement of how many people are driven to pirate the decks because of this added cost is a different debate.

I figure I'll pay for the upgrades and cards as long as I can stand. It's a pretty fun game afterall. =)

DCharlie

Banned
As insane as this does sound, it makes sense in the way that it prevents some amount of profit loss due to piracy of people just printing out the entire series 1 and 2 decks at home.

so hold on... the people who played by the rules get to get stung because people were able to photocopy the cards? boooo.

Also - what is the deal with playing against deck 1 only people if you have deck 2? is there a limitation?

I don't mind paying a little for an add on, but 3500 yen?

The DC household already has 2 copies of the game (12,000 yen x 2) , a healthy stack of cards (3000 yen x 2) and i'm fine with making little chunk payments for extra cards, but if 3500 yen is the hit for each deck release, then... f-that!

The pricing is wrong.

I'll gladly pay to support such a fucking fantastic game.

I played a dude who was playing with Set 2 cards. As an American, I don't have the option to purchase the use of Set 2 (but I have a few boosters)...

Soooo yeah, you can hold your own against Set 2 players with just Set 1 cards, but he finally broke through in turn 34 and beat me.

We need an updated glossary - wtf is Prayer, for instance? And the decoy ability?

depward

Yeah, would love an updated glossary of new set 2 rules.

And I'm also for paying $15 for an 'expansion.' This game is extraordinary. And I support truly awesome game experiences.

DCharlie said:
so hold on... the people who played by the rules get to get stung because people were able to photocopy the cards? boooo.

Also - what is the deal with playing against deck 1 only people if you have deck 2? is there a limitation?

I don't mind paying a little for an add on, but 3500 yen?

The DC household already has 2 copies of the game (12,000 yen x 2) , a healthy stack of cards (3000 yen x 2) and i'm fine with making little chunk payments for extra cards, but if 3500 yen is the hit for each deck release, then... f-that!

The pricing is wrong.

I agree the price for the expansion is too steep, especially if you're playing by the rules and buying booster packs. It's probably not 100% due to the piracy of the cards though... where there's money to be made, someone will try to exploit you for it, but I suspect the price wouldn't be as high if the cards were uncopyable. But the cost of making the cards uncopyable would probably jack up the price of the game and or cards anyways.

Vicious cycle confirmed

But short of going back in time and using some sort of dark magic to make the cards uncopyable, this seems like the next logical option.

This game sounds great, and the Mrs is somewhat interested which is nice, but perhaps some clarification if you please:

Is the online active? What timezones tend to be most active? My wife and I play games but she invariably looses interest much quicker then I do.

How is the PSEye? What type of lighting is needed? Outside of the game, how good is the camera for the other PSN apps?

How many extra card(theme?) packs do I need to purchase, after purchasing the core game pack, to be up and running?

Wollan

Online is always active. Since it's a 1 on 1 game you always end up getting an opponent in 5 secs. There are also dedicated fan sites out there.

The PS Eye is nice and responsive. You can use it as a mic so no headset needed. Room lighting just needs to be normally lit, follow the adjustments instructions (which you will go through the first time you play the game).

In regards to cards, you get a full set (for one person) with the game. No additional cards are required to play though obviously by buying more you will expand your strategic options so you can build a more customized deck.

just found a place near where i'm staying in canada that sells the cards. since it doesn't seem like there's much to pick up in sydney, i got a wood swarm deck and two boosters to hold me.

somehow managed to get the wood noble in the boosters too which was pretty lucky, but after all that, all i really wanted was the swallow ninja - but no luck yet. anyone have a spare of that and interested in a trade?

...i like birds.

edit: i'm such a hopeless case, i haven't even been home to play it yet. maybe i won't actually like the game. hmmmm.

Azrael

Speevy said:
I'm not really getting why we have to pay to pay more.

Almost all of the card profits go to Wizards of the Coast. The programming and art costs to add new cards into the game aren't trivial, so Sony charges for software updates for expansion packs for the game. You've got two companies handling the game with largely independent revenue streams, so unfortunately gamers end up paying at both ends.

It is hurting the game and Sony and WotC should work out some kind of promotional deal for future updates. For instance, they could include a coupon with booster boxes with a unique code that can be redeemed to download the software update for free.

dankir

Where the hell do you download the set 2 updated? There are only themes and a few videos under the Eye of Judgment PSN store page

Nice, just got ROLLED by some dude who tossed our 4 zealots as his first 4 characters. They need to nerf these guys, QUICKLY. Dude rolls in with a .333 win percentage and uses this cheap BS to beat me...think I'll hold off on ranked matches until they do something about this.

Free Card Friday

I called it :lol

remember. NEXT FRIDAY AFTERNOON

So all of you who want to add these to their collection all you need to do is hit up the PS Blog *next* Friday afternoon. We will post a link where you will be able to register your mailing address. Be one of the first few hundred to register that day and you will receive all three promo cards including:

2441196115_74316d65b4.jpg

2442024814_c897f2fe43.jpg

2442024780_18ccb5ee2c.jpg

Free card friday

So if you are an EOJ fan 13 or older (sorry, remember its a Teen rated game) all you need to do is hit this LINK and tell us where to ship to. Sign up quick as we’ll be providing to the first 500 US and Canadian addresses we receive (or until supplies last). Sorry, one address per person, repeat addresses will not be recorded.

2.01 update coming

* An additional feature of Battle Animation’s detail settings
If you own the Set 2 Expansion pack, the next update will add a feature to the Battle Animation’s detail settings (SELECT button during a replay), which is currently implemented to “Show replay” mode, to the duels on Battle Arena mode. This addition allows players to set more detailed Battle Animation settings, such as “OFF ([R2] ON)”, “Ultra rare+”, or “Singles Only”, etc… in Battle Arena mode.
* This update only applies if you own the Set 2 expansion pack download
* Errata notes to some of the SET.2 cards
In order to improve the quality of duels, a modification to some of the creatures’ abilities will be made. The modification will improve the game play experience for EOJ players. The adjustments are planned for the following 5 creature cards: Noram Zealot (#121), Aluhja Zealot (#137), Visvar Vaas Zealot (#154), Tolicore Zealot (#169), and Biolith Battleship (#184). More detailed information on the adjustments would be released through Errata notes on our EOJ forums and Official Community Sites as soon as the modifications are finalized.
* Additional feature for intentional disconnections in Online mode
An extra measure which disturbs online play will be added. When a player disconnects in any way during an online duel, in addition to the current system that imposes a penalty on the player who intentionally disconnected, the new system will grant Honor and Rank points to their opponent whose duel was disconnected against their will.

Your cooperation to continue operating a sound community is sincerely appreciated. Thank you very much for your participation in online duels and following the rules and manners.

dankir

Woo hoo I was one of the 500! Now these are set 2 cards in this giveaway... hmm maybe I should download that update lol.

Ponn

Banned
Woot! I also was one of the 500. Got an email my set is on the way. Haven't played this in a while either or bought the new DLC or new packs. Have to decide if I want to invest in this more even though I stopped playing the first time or see if I can ebay these promo cards.

El-Suave

Just got this via the eojmanager.com newsletter:

THE EYE OF JUDGMENT: SET.3 expansion pack arrives this October on PLAYSTATION®Network

New 100-card expansion pack brings new creatures, powers and gameplay

o New cards give players amazing new creatures, abilities and attack options
o New features make the game deeper and more accessible ? get involved now!
o Download it from PLAYSTATION®Network this October and get the cards in stores

London, September 15th 2008. Following last year?s release of the groundbreaking THE EYE OF JUDGMENT? 3D trading card game for PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3?), the second expansion pack for the title is arriving on October 16th 2008. Biolith Rebellion SET.3 brings an all-new set of 100 cards to expand your THE EYE OF JUDGMENT? experience with outlandish new creatures, fearsome new attacks, devious new strategies and thrilling new gameplay. The pack comes as a download available exclusively from PLAYSTATION®Network; bolstered by new trading cards available in booster packs at retail.

Released in October 2007, THE EYE OF JUDGMENT? remains a unique and critically-acclaimed concept in video gaming. Combining trading cards with the immense power of PS3 and PLAYSTATION®Eye, the strategic fantasy game allows players (who can play online as well as face-to-face) to watch the characters on their cards come to life and do battle in High Definition. Players draw cards from their deck and lay them onto the game mat underneath the PLAYSTATION®Eye camera, which then relays codes from the cards to the PS3 where they transform into incredible animations. The cards in Biolith Rebellion SET.3 bring the total number of available cards up to 310, creating a more involved and strategically-open gaming experience.

As well as a menagerie of new creatures with their own tribes, attributes and backgrounds, Biolith Rebellion SET.3 brings a wealth of other content, including Trophy Support and a set of new abilities that encourage more tactical playing based on creature formation and the player?s battle plan. In addition to this, SET.3 adds bonus material to give fans background information about THE EYE OF JUDGMENT? along with many more game-enriching features.

Whether you play THE EYE OF JUDGMENT? against PS3, against a friend or against an opponent from anywhere in the world via PLAYSTATION®Network, Biolith Rebellion SET.3 is an addition to your gaming experience that?s not to be missed. And, if you?re yet to join the battle, there?s never been a better time to enter the fray! Visit www.eyeofjudgment.com to find out more.

Wollan

Glad to see they're actually further developing the game. I'm imagining the Set.2 numbers (both DLC and cards) have been pretty lackluster due to price of entry + having to actively seek the cards out to attain them.

At least make Set.2 DLC free now. Also I would wish for Set.3 DLC to be a optional download and not a patch.

El-Suave

I think they have to make at least part of their update free because they add trophy support.
Unless trophies are somehow just Set 3 related (which would be stupid) they can't make previous owners pay for trophy support, can they?
Or they'll split things up into a free patch and a paid update.

Top Bottom