• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zweizer

Banned
The Box of Letters (One-shot) by Takahashi Mako

A pretty interesting one-shot that despite its short length managed to portray some interesting ideas concerning the relationship between two girls and despite the rather dark themes that transpire from it I found its bittersweetness rather enjoyable and a nice change of pace from the usual shoujo ai works that are generally overfilled with somewhat overdone drama and for once its brevity didn't irk me much since it told everything it needs to though I felt the pacing was a little slow at the beginning and while its artstyle worked pretty well I found it a bit plain but it's cute enough and suits the overall mood so ultimately it's a nicely done one-shot which even though it doesn't tell much manages to portray everything it needs to for the reader to appreciate it and I admit I regret not reading this sooner considering it's a relatively dated work but I must suggest to those who hasn't read it yet to do so since it's a pretty interesting take on friendship and love.

Revo

God of Highschool 175

I hate that this was one of the chosen series to be up to dated by naver. So incredibly crappy whenever it isn't hand to hand fighting.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Angry Grimace punishes himself and reads Half & Half by MangaGAF Hero Kouji Seo:

H&H 1-3

Wow this chick is kind of a bitch. And then she gets mad at him for beating off even though she got the benefit out of it. And of course he goes over to his friend's house and finds him balls-deep in his girlfriend. I never would have predicted that once he started asking what took his buddy so long. And for fucksakes, lock your door when you live 5 minutes away from your best friend while you're fucking his girlfriend. This is some Seo-shit right here.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Also Kouji Seo. He's a nuanced character like that.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Half and Half 4-6

So Yuki's friend pushed her over a railing because she thought her boyfriend wanted to bang Yuuki. And then seconds after the act, felt okay with killing her for it. And then for some reason, Yuki lies about this and says she committed suicide. Seo.

Who is MangaGAF Villain?

Kosaki Onodera.

but Angry Grimace what about Suzuka!!?

Do I have to read Half and Half instead?

I only have the stomach for a certain amount of Seo a day. You can do Half and Half in like an hour or less, its only 9 chapters so far. We'll get to Suzuka when I'm feeling bad about myself.

Soma

Ran and the Gray World Ch. 41

Less of a chapter and more of Irie Aki showing off how goddamn fantastic she is at character design.

upandaway

Traversing more of my wishlist, and I'm seeing extremely silly things. I have no recollection of ever adding them, and I have no recollection of not adding them either! Very suspicious.
I'm gunning down quite a lot of them though, already wiped 20. Heh heh heh heh.

Don't be so jelly.
If anything I would be a cookie!

Angry Grimace

Half & Half 8

Really, Seo? *facepalm*

wgIiGfN.png

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I've always wondered.

Is there something good in seo's works that makes you people stick with it despite all the complaints.

Or do you guys just love suffering for the sake of it.

poor Asuka

it still hurts :(

I've always wondered.

Is there something good in set's works that makes you people sick with freestyle all the complaints.

It's hard to explain. probably some of the latter, a lot of "how dumb can this really be/get?"

at least that's why I started KNIM

Angry Grimace

I've always wondered.

Is there something good in seo's works that makes you people sick with out despite all the complaints.

Shit like the "gum disease" made it worth it. Its unintentional comedy at how absurdly idiotic these characters are combined with the absurd "dramatics" that Seo throws at them. I don't know, I guess its bad in a way that is funny/entertaining, because if it was just bad-bad I wouldn't read it. I've dropped shit like I''s and Ichigo 100% before, so its not a big deal to drop something if it's just bad in a non-entertaining way.

Fuuka isn't really that bad yet, but I can see the badness coming soon with a billion new characters and the band getting super popular in like 30 chapters.

Angry Grimace

So basically it's one of those unintentional comedies?

I mean, I've read worse. Its just that he throws idiotic dramatic ideas at his characters to punish them for some reason. Its just very....Seo.

Nisekoi 138
Yep, that's the face of someone kissed by a Chitoge lookalike. Next comes the cold sweats, nausea and flashbacks.

The arc's kinda outstayed its welcome by this point. It's been slightly more entertaining than the premise promised, but that still only makes it an F+ rather than an F.

:D

I think Rage Town's the only thing I've tried to read from him and I dropped it after about 4 chapters.

dani_dc

its already ending so author is rushing through it

I know, it still doesn't justify bad writing though.

Half & Half 8

Really, Seo? *facepalm*

wgIiGfN.png

At least it show us that he's self-aware.

I've always wondered.

Is there something good in seo's works that makes you people stick with it despite all the complaints.

They're entertaining, that's really what matters to me (though I have my own personal reasons to enjoy KNIM since I can relate to Haruto to some degree). Characters acting stupidly doesn't really phase me since, well, most real people act stupidly as well.

I see people talking about "Rage town", but "Rage" town means there's an emotional response to the story, which is really more than I can say about most other works out there.

When it comes down to it, people like stupid drama honestly, it's why soap operas are so popular in several countries.

Angry Grimace

Fuuka 30

Damn I was really hoping he'd tell Tama to take a hike already

In the Crunchyroll version of it he seemed a lot less ambivalent about it at least. Although he has no spine so obviously he's not gonna do shit.

In the Crunchyroll version of it he seemed a lot less ambivalent about it at least. Although he has no spine so obviously he's not gonna do shit.

I mean it's obvious who the winning girl will be. It's called Fuuka. Even though I know best girl will win I still want Tama to fuck off already

but yeah, we have a long time to go before he mans the fuck up.

dani_dc

I mean it's obvious who the winning girl will be. It's called Fuuka. Even though I know best girl will win I still want Tama to fuck off already

I don't understand why anyone would name the manga after the "winning girl" to begin with.
It's obvious who's going to win most of the times, but at least don't make it the first thing people read about your manga.

Do you guys know when the new OT will be up after this one.

Also how does a series front cover land in the first page of the OT. Does everyone need to read it or does it have to do with the quality ignoring the smut section. Because if that's the case could Tokyo Ghoul have it's front cover added to the OT. I mean the cover does look beautiful and it's a really great read.

I don't understand why anyone would name the manga after the "winning girl" to begin with.
It's obvious who's going to win most of the times, but at least don't make it the first thing people read about your manga.

it's more like the manga is basically about her so she's gonna be the winning girl too.

Do you guys know when the new OT will be up after this one.

Also how does a series front cover land in the first page of the OT. Does everyone need to read it or does it have to do with the quality ignoring the smut section. Because if that's the case could Tokyo Ghoul have it's front cover added to the OT. I mean the cover does look beautiful and it's a really great read.

we still have another 5.5k posts until the next thread

and to be fair while I like Tokyo Ghoul it's not one of the most read mangas here. There are other mangas that are read by more people that haven't made it into the banner yet.

upandaway

Otoyomegatari ch6

Aww she's gonna send that bird a letter! How nice of her!

Aqua ch7

...I'll just say this was easily my favorite chapter in the manga so far. And considering how much I loved the rest, that's saying something.

it's more like the manga is basically about her so she's gonna be the winning girl too.

and to be fair while I like Tokyo Ghoul it's not one of the most read mangas here. There are other mangas that are read by more people that haven't made it into the banner yet.

I guess your right.

dani_dc

Sure, I understand that, but why go as far as to write that on the cover?

Well, I suppose AquaWateria could hope the winner of HxH contest likes Tokyo Ghoul as much as he does.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Didn't he reinstate the slave seal or whatever?

Seeing that he bought a monster egg I predict that this series will be him collecting a harem of monster girls.

Shengar

Yep, HF feels more like a "behind the scenes" of the 5th war dealing with all the smaller stuff that the story never went into with Fate/UBW. That makes it have somewhat worse pacing and a bit more scattered, (this is where I censor myself because you haven't finished the route yet). I do think it could work as a movie but it won't be a simple adaption for sure.

But really how big of a deal is the sex scenes man, haha. They're like an hour or two total for all 3 routes together, and it took me 100 hours to read the whole thing!

image.php

Who
Are
You?

Angry Grimace

Yeah but Seo likes idiot curveballs, so I wouldn't be surprised if he just went with Tama until he decided to dump her later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom