• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shokugeki 90 spoiler pic
http://i.imgur.com/LoVjhEw.jpg

Tosh, please stop trying to make me gay.

n0m7lIO.png

hah...hah...hah....

Dresden

To be a little more serious, feels like this thread has been better about lewd things. We're close to the point where someone could read this thread with images enabled at work (lol*).

---

Also, Sui can't draw hands part 56:

1Ey1Sv2.png

---

*LOL

To be a little more serious, feels like this thread has been better about lewd things. We're close to the point where someone could read this thread with images enabled at work (lol*).

---

1Ey1Sv2.png

---

*LOL

The hands do need a fix. But I'll give him a pass since Akira is top tier waifu material like the rest of the female characters he draws.

I mean is not like he can't draw hands.

tumblr_n93ucuJghi1rx5thao1_r1_1280.jpg

See that some nice drawn hands :0

---

1Ey1Sv2.png

---

*LOL

Another reason why mouse claw gripping sucks!

Poor gurl.

Shengar

Shokugeki no Soma 88
img000017.png

My reaction to this chapter.

Fairy Tail 404

"Because she's Erza". Even the author acknowledges how broken Erza's willpower/other asspull thing is.

I know willpower could be huge difference, but use it too often, that is not willpower, its an asspull.

Your Lie in April 1-32

This is a good story. Saw the anime so immediately went to read the manga and I am enjoying it quite a bit thus far.

Why is it called your lie in April?

Is it because
1. Kaori lied about wanting to date Watari. Since the start she was interested in Arima and used liking Watari as an excuse to get close to him? Since they met under the cherry blossoms, one would assume they met in April. Her lie ends up changing Arima for the better.

2. Kaori lied about a ton of other things, and in actuality she's dying just like Arima's mom?

3. Other?

What was the lie?

How I stalked some dude with an exposed nipple and stumbled upon the Zenithian Sword 8

Dude doing the helicopter before jumping in the lake make me laugh. And i think it's near the endgame
He found the sword

Well, that was my thoughts word for word.
Thank god i am not the only one reading this.

Shengar

So, just now I took a glance on Bleach most recent chapter.....
What the heck Thor is doing there?
Seriously, what the heckk with all of this guy looking so outlandish

dumbyugi

Nisekoi 142

A fun Marika chapter. Even though I enjoy these types of chapters I do wish the plot would move foward, even if it was only a little.

To Love-Ru Darkness 48

Good chapter, nothing special but was decent. Next chapter though! The Mum better be a sexy MILF or I'll riot.

I've been meaning to ask upandaway: Do you approve of the Fate Stay Night anime?

Kurosagi 18

Man, this is pretty great. It was obvious that this new guy was different from the others but I didn't expect to see Kurosaki being used.

Also, fuck Kashina.

Gankutsuo anime (it's count of monte cristo anime, so yeah, it's basically mindfuckery from beginning till end)

Hoshin Engi earlier part.

Jojo Bizarre adventure for several battle.

Oh, Gankutsuo sounds interesting. Hoshin Engi looks a bit weird but I'll check it out.

JoJo is my single favourite manga series :)

For purely survival games series, Alice in Borderland. You might be better off reading Zero from Fukumoto if you had already seen the Bog from Kaiji.

The bolded part is more suitable for stuff like LoGH and Sanctuary.

Alice in Borderland looks interesting, I'll check it out. LoGH has been on my list for a while but I'm not sure if I want to go through 110 episodes. At least not right now. And I remember reading somewhere that they're planning a reboot/revival? I might be wrong though.

Thanks to you both as well.

upandaway

I've been meaning to ask upandaway: Do you approve of the Fate Stay Night anime?
Haven't started on this anime season yet while I'm busy foaming at the mouth with AAI2. In humble terms, I've been anticipating the F/SN anime to let me achieve enlightenment and ascend to heaven.

Nordicus

Mill 6

Yes, series is showing signs of moving forward. The protagonist is starting to see Mill as a high school girl a bit rather than just a cat/grandma, there's a bit of serious love talk and next chapter will be about Mill's former owner

SH-S-S-SHAMELESS!
Ni1GaTE.jpg

The Diary of Ellen 1-5 (END)
Nope.

Nu-uh.

You're not making me feel sorry for Ellen.

Not happening.

So there's this freeware RPG Maker horror game called The Witch's House that I'm ridiculously fond of. Somewhere along the line it became pretty popular (as far as these things go), so the creator decided to release a novel about the background leading up to the game, focusing specifically on one of the characters. The villain, naturally.

If you're familiar with the game and were interested in learning more about the cast and setting, particularly about why being burned at the stake would be far too lenient a punishment for the detestable, manipulative, morally bankrupt piece of shit that is the titular diary owner, this is like having nectar of the gods injected into your left cerebral hemisphere.

It opens with Ellen's early life, detailing her pitiable circumstances up until her 'initiation' as a witch. The vivid depiction of her suffering was definitely the initial highlight, but I also loved learning how aspects of her history tied into the house and its puzzles, with the jade pipe and blood red shoes in particular taking on a whole new meaning. The intriguing relationship between her and her otherworldly patron was also greatly expanded upon, with many of my assumptions about their working relationship being both confirmed and crushed between two sliding walls.

The remainder of the story deals with the immediate prelude to the game, i.e. the birth, nurturing and disintegration of one of the most unfortunate friendships I've ever had the fortune to come across. I was thrilled to see that the author was able to do even my active imagination justice when it came to the moment of betrayal, which was wonderfully disturbing and probably the most affecting scene of the entire book. Discovering what kept Viola from falling apart (quite literally) afterwards makes the game's twisted ending even more heartbreaking.

I've been trying to find some way to throw money at Fummy for a while now, so importing this feels like the least I can do, even with the language barrier. Definitely worth checking out if you've played (and enjoyed) the game, but avoid like a giant rampaging teddy bear if you haven't.

As an aside, I would kill to have that house. It'd be like playing an eternal game of Tecmo's Deception. Plus this story revealed that it's actually being powered by a former witch's spirit, so instant waifu material.

Zweizer

Banned
Kingdom ch405

I know there was a coup but did such a declaration of an independent state really occur or is it another one of these artistic liberties?

Revo

Fairy Tail 404

Lol Erza being Erza

Adventure of Sinbad 35

Ooh the first household vessel.

Haikyuu 123-125

So nice to see Hinata evolving. And you really can't beat the Datekou chant.

Shengar

Kingdom ch405

I know there was a coup but did such a declaration of an independent state really occur or is it another one of these artistic liberties?

It...kinda happened
In historical record, Lao Ai went drunk in a banquet, said that his son with the Queen Dowager will replace Zheng as the King of Qin. Of course words like that make him instantly attacked by the royal guards, but somehow he managed to escape the banquet and Xianyang, then declare himself as an independent state. The artistic liberties here is that Lao Ai doesn't get drunk, and Queen Dowager have more role in the rebellion.

Nisekoi 142

No jokes about Marika dying plz. Makes sense for best girl to have an aversion to animals, since they're mostly bad.

Arachnid 42
Collaboration + acceleration + love + justice = new special attack.

The ant's hidden power must be a freakin' Starman or something, because this is just getting silly. Cricket dying would be bad for the series, so if someone could intervene at the last moment then that'd be swell.

Zweizer

Banned
It...kinda happened
In historical record, Lao Ai went drunk in a banquet, said that his son with the Queen Dowager will replace Zheng as the King of Qin. Of course words like that make him instantly attacked by the royal guards, but somehow he managed to escape the banquet and Xianyang, then declare himself as an independent state. The artistic liberties here is that Lao Ai doesn't get drunk, and Queen Dowager have more role in the rebellion.

Well now. That sounds way more interesting than what's happening in the manga. So in other words they only managed to suppress the queen because he got drunk? Haha.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Nisekoi 142

No jokes about Marika dying plz. Makes sense for best girl to have an aversion to animals, since they're mostly bad.

Arachnid 42

Collaboration + acceleration + love + justice = new special attack.

The ant's hidden power must be a freakin' Starman or something, because this is just getting silly. Cricket dying would be bad for the series, so if someone could intervene at the last moment then that'd be swell.

Well ants are known to be powerful in contrast to their size, and you do not want to The worst pain known to fuck with a dinoponera.

http://youtu.be/it0V7xv9qu0

This is what happens when you get bitten by the paraponera (charmingly known as the bullet ant).

The dinoponera is supposed to be way worse.

Suzuka 81-84

This has been a smooth sailing for me. Nothing bad is going to happen right? RIGHT....??

Suzuka 85-88

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU

Suzuka 89-90

That was solved rather quickly

Revo

@Revo

How many on-going manga are you actually keeping tab on? Seems to me it's at least 200.

Current count is over 250. List says 253 but I've doubled up a few on the list (like Akame ga kill and Zero). There's for sure a lot of short chapter amount ones though.

Nichijou 161-164

Cutting board was worth the money.

dramatis

One Punch-Man (Original) 97

Saitama's about to gain another batch of followers.

Mob Psycho 69

Reigen, how far you've fallen...Well, at least it gives him room to grow as a character. He can't be a strangely badass con man forever, can he? Especially since everyone else, even Dimple, have grown a bit in character thus far.

Shaman King Flowers 28
This getting his new spirit arc is really dragging out.

Fairy Tail 404
Sucks for Minerva, she should've won :C

Mob Psycho 69 heh
Reigen's got dedication, leveling up all those characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom