• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 41, 2014

wtf?, dude i have seen tons of DriveClub adverts, why would i lie?.

The adverts show footage of the game and it shows loads of different people playing the game and it has a voice over guy talking a load of generic crap all through the advert.

Seriously, I haven't seen one. Why would I lie??!

What do you mean by tons? Does that mean: you see the advert several times a day on an average day of TV viewing or what? Because I find that very hard to believe.

SmokyDave

What do you mean by tons? Does that mean: you see the advert several times a day on an average day of TV viewing or what? Because I find that very hard to believe.
I must've seen the 'DC / Destiny / Far Cry 4 - 4 The Players' advert ten times this weekend, if not more. Mostly ITV4 during and after the BTCC.

Bruno MB

This would be the individual formats top 10 if FIFA 15 splits were the same as last week. Unfortunately, no one has published them.

Week 41, 2014 - Individual Formats (Units)

01 (01) 360 FIFA 15 (ELECTRONIC ARTS) - 39,978
02 (02) PS4 FIFA 15 (ELECTRONIC ARTS) - 33,921
03 (NE) PS4 DRIVECLUB (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
04 (03) PS3 FIFA 15 (ELECTRONIC ARTS) - 25,441
05 (NE) PS4 ALIEN: ISOLATION (SEGA)
06 (04) PS4 MIDDLE EARTH: SHADOW OF MORDOR (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
07 (05) XBO FIFA 15 (ELECTRONIC ARTS) - 20,595
08 (06) XBO FORZA HORIZON 2 (MICROSOFT)
09 (NE) XBO ALIEN: ISOLATION (SEGA)
10 (08) XBO MIDDLE EARTH: SHADOW OF MORDOR (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)

RetroStu

Banned

What the hell, you were the one that suggested that.
I have seen the advert daily, mostly on late night tv on Film4 and other channels.

sam777

To chime in, here in the UK I have only seen one DC advert and it was mixed in along with FC4 and Destiny. Although I have seen the FH2 advert a number of times.

I'll probably be eaten for this. But DC selling well probably has more to do with the lack of anything else for PS4 owners to buy right now.

It looks like a fine game and all. But it's not usually the kind of game that charts well over here.

tusken77

DriveClub is part of a PS4 tv commercial being shown in the UK currently. I saw it during the half-time of yesterday's England v Estonia match.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
I'll probably be eaten for this. But DC selling well probably has more to do with the lack of anything else for PS4 owners to buy right now.

It looks like a fine game and all. But it's not usually the kind of game that charts well over here.

As opposed to the barren wasteland that is XBO? Destiny? FIFA? Alien: Isolation? Or, do you consider Forza Horizon 2 to be selling good only because the lack of anything for XBO owners to buy right now?

But there's plenty of stuff being released on the PS4 for people to play right now.

Xando

If you look at the top 6 games you have 4 new games that launched in the last 3 weeks.
That doesnt look like PS4 owners have nothing to play.

Rymuth

#ps4hasnogaemz

Hasney

I don't understand this post when Forza Horizon 2 did the same thing. Or is it just a barren wasteland for gaming in general?

do you consider Forza Horizon 2 to be selling good only because the lack of anything for XBO owners to buy right now?

No, because that's an established franchise that already has a large fanbase.

But usually when a lesser-known racer appears, it never does well here. If I remember correctly, the last two Motorstorm games didn't even break the UK top 10. UK is pretty much FM and GT land.

TOP 10 ENTERTAINMENT SOFTWARE (ALL PRICES), WEEK ENDING 11 October 2014

01 (01) FIFA 15 (ELECTRONIC ARTS) - 121,146 / 1,433,565 (-60%)
02 (NE) ALIEN: ISOLATION (SEGA)
03 (02) MIDDLE EARTH: SHADOW OF MORDOR (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE) - Between 41,373 and 50,868 (-55%)
04 (03) FORZA HORIZON 2 (MICROSOFT) - Between 23,753 and 32,444 (-54%)
05 (NE) DRIVECLUB (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
06 (05) DESTINY (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
07 (NE) SKYLANDERS: TRAP TEAM (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
08 (NE) NBA 2K15 (TAKE 2)
09 (04) SUPER SMASH BROS. (NINTENDO)
10 (06) MINECRAFT: PLAYSTATION EDITION (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)

From what I see, Skylanders swap force debuted with 47k apparently. Trap team seems like it did less than half that. Big decline.

I thought "PS4 has no games" meme died long time ago.

It has no big racing games. We know this much is true.

As a huge racer fan, the PS4 probably the worst console I have ever owned (for that genre) :( And we still have over a year to wait for the next GT.

You're the one who is acting weird. Just because you haven't seen adverts, it doesn't mean other people haven't, you can't start accusing people of something.

Lol ok. I'm acting weird?

Maybe you're upset that I called you out after you falsely suggested DC has seen 'tons' of ads on TV, then you're evidence was that 'you've seen a few', late night, on Film 4. Which is silly.

I said I didn't want to argue about this, but you've somehow managed to create an argument out of it by asking if there is something wrong with me. And this is not the first time from you.

So welcome to my ignore list.

Already beaten to death but you deserve another for this baseless/senseless post.

There's 10 PS4 games in the top 40 vs 11 360/7 XBone. So PS4 seems to have almost as many games than the still mighty 360 in the UK.

And racing games do tend to sell rather well in the UK.

So yeah...

You're the one who is acting weird. Just because you haven't seen adverts, it doesn't mean other people haven't, you can't start accusing people of something.

anew.gif

There's some advert here and there, but nothing so massive.

Imouto

Banned

Even though I have no other game I want to play on the PS4 aside from D3 and DC, I have to tell you saying it's lacking in games is either ignorant about the releasing list or just straight up trolling.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.

But usually when a lesser-known racer appears, it never does well here. If I remember correctly, the last two Motorstorm games didn't even break the UK top 10. UK is pretty much FM and GT land.

What has being an established franchise got to do with "lack of games to play"? There are fewer games on XBO that's been released the last couple of months so the opposite could be argued.

Shantom

'New Pretty Racing Game' is pretty much exactly the type of game that charts well over here. If it wasn't for the decent digital deal, I'd actually say it's performed poorly.

Shantom

You're forgetting all of Codemasters' games.

RetroStu

Banned
Lol ok. I'm acting weird?

Maybe you're upset that I called you out after you falsely suggested DC has seen 'tons' of ads on TV, then you're evidence was that 'you've seen a few', late night, on Film 4. Which is silly.

I said I didn't want to argue about this, but you've somehow managed to create an argument out of it by asking if there is something wrong with me. And this is not the first time from you.

So welcome to my ignore list.

Talk about making something out of nothing, you have a real talent there friend.

Daviii

I'll probably be eaten for this. But DC selling well probably has more to do with the lack of anything else for PS4 owners to buy right now

PS4 owners have nothing to buy now, and they take 4 out of the top 6 spots.

God bless Xbox when they have something to buy.

What has being an established franchise got to do with "lack of games to play"?

Forza Horizon 2: The highest-scoring racer of this gen. The sequel to one of the most loved racing games of last gen.

FH2 was going to sell well even if there were other big XBO games released around the same time

Drive Club: New IP from a developer who's last game atomic bomba'd. Poor reviews (Especially from UK mags), delayed with missing launch features, and lack of WOM due to being new franchise.

My point was that DC would not be sitting at number 3 if there wasn't a huge lack of that genre on the PS4. Or indeed any other popular IP releasing around the same time.

kinoki

Forza Horizon 2: The highest-scoring racer of this gen. The sequel to one of the most loved racing games of last gen.

FH2 was going to sell well even if there were other big XBO games released around the same time

Drive Club: New IP from a developer who's last gamed atomic bomba'd. Poor reviews (Especially from UK mags), delayed with missing launch features, and lack of WOM.

My point was that DC would not be sitting at number 3 if there wasn't a huge lack of that genre on the PS4. Or indeed any other popular IP releasing around the same time.

Ah, what you meant to say was that "despite having such a vast and diverse library of quality games released with new titles almost every week there's a concerning lack of racing games on PS4 and XBO (outside of Forza) and I wonder if Driveclub's success has more to do with no developers really investing in the genre than being a good game", or am I misunderstanding you?

Xando

Drive Club: New IP from a developer who's last game atomic bomba'd. Poor reviews (Especially from UK mags), delayed with missing launch features, and lack of WOM due to being new franchise.

To be fair racing games doesnt seem to be the most popular genre these days. Neither Forza, Driveclub or Need for speed seem to set the charts on fire (Forza 5 being bundled with a lot of XB1s excluded). The last GT kinda bombed (compared to the usual numbers) and i think project cars won't do much aswell.

why are people expecting a lot from 3ds games in uk? Those games are too expensive. They cost as much as console games and maybe more

Top Bottom