• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 41, 2014

iceatcs

this is very interesting. maybe people are finally sick of remasters (of somehow new-ish games) or maybe because the game didn't have anything new to make it worthy of the port. lets hope this changes thing. publishers put more effort into remasters or the return of the remaster "collection"

It is more likely full price and it was free on last gen for plus and gold users, hurt on the sale.

I'm just don't understand why they charged it full price.

Dabanton

Good sales for DC seeing as the digital version probably had a large chunk of sales not accounted for here.

Also, I'm in the UK right now and I haven't seen ONE SINGLE ADVERT for the game on TV, newspapers (granted I don't read many) or even on the bigger social media sites like YouTube.

On the other hand, I think for the past few weeks at least, Forza Horizon 2 is the most advertised videogame in the UK right now. I've seen that catchy TV advert countless times. Xbox's marketing budget must be insane.

I saw a advert for Driveclub at the cinema on friday. What's interesting is later on MS one upped Sony by using the Cinime app section to showcase Forza Horizon 2 for 2 mins. If you had the app you had to use your phone to 'play' along with a race. And win prizes and other tat.

Both were in the ad sections of Maze Runner and Dracula Untold. So I would garner a lot of their target audience would have been going to see these films that weekend

Purest 78

I'll probably be eaten for this. But DC selling well probably has more to do with the lack of anything else for PS4 owners to buy right now.

It looks like a fine game and all. But it's not usually the kind of game that charts well over here.

Really People still saying this bs? Are you one of the people that think 3rd party games don't exist, because plenty have released lately. I guess you think x1 owners bought horizon, because the last big game to release was Titanfall.

I can't think of a single time where anecdotes about commercials has led to productive analysis, unless the commercial was particularly terrible, or there were no advertisements at all.

DC and Forza had ads, we know that much.

Forza appears to have sold better, is there a sense of what just the One version sold using the splits from last week?

Steroyd

Forza Horizon 2: The highest-scoring racer of this gen. The sequel to one of the most loved racing games of last gen.

FH2 was going to sell well even if there were other big XBO games released around the same time

Drive Club: New IP from a developer who's last game atomic bomba'd. Poor reviews (Especially from UK mags), delayed with missing launch features, and lack of WOM due to being new franchise.

My point was that DC would not be sitting at number 3 if there wasn't a huge lack of that genre on the PS4. Or indeed any other popular IP releasing around the same time.

Doesn't that apply to every game during this season, not named Fifa, COD, AssAss and GTA?.

Heck we just came off the back of Destiny, Fifa and Shadow of Mordor looks like it's getting some noise raised to.

Steroyd

I thought I was the only one who pulled that card lol.

Welcome to the old git with experience club. But you are still a junior on here ;)

Welcome to the gaf pecking order :p. Don't take it personally. People say that on here, we all have to go through it like an initiation. I did too. Your time will come,
junior.

2 wrongs don't make a right, and you better be careful when replying to someone like that, because you run the risk of being perma juniored, especially if the "juniors" are posting reasonably and following the forum rules just like everyone else.

2 wrongs don't make a right, and you better be careful when replying to someone like that, because you run the risk of being perma juniored, especially if the "juniors" are posting reasonably and following the forum rules just like everyone else.

I got called Juinor all the time when I was a Junior. I use it once as reply banter to some snark, and suddenly it's not allowed? :/ People need to lighten up.

Was not expecting Driveclub to do so well at retail, especially with all the digital discounts and incentives.
Hope Evo can overcome the online woes.
I managed to stay connected for a long while for a session over the weekend, and the online component is absolutely brilliant (when working).

So looking at the estimate for what Driveclub actually sold which seems to be 25k -> 32k, I think it did okay? Certainly doesn't seem to have sold great considering the install base and that Forza Horizon 2 pulled between 52k and 70k combined last week with XB1 garnering the majority of sales.

Digital numbers would be interesting to see for it although I strongly suspect most people are overestimating digital sales for the game

Isn't [a version of] the game supposed to be available for "free" on PS Plus [eventually]? Why buy the cow?

Yeah there was talk in older threads how a lot of the sales would be digital because of the upgrade. It's still the cheapest way to buy it currently for PS+ subs, but I have no idea what the effect will be now they postponed the [demo] PS+ version.
Sneaky how they used free day 1 DLC to get around the 'PS+ version has all the same modes and trophies' claim.

Xando

So looking at the estimate for what Driveclub actually sold which seems to be 25k -> 32k, I think it did okay? Certainly doesn't seem to have sold great considering the install base and that Forza Horizon 2 pulled between 52k and 70k combined last week with XB1 garnering the majority of sales.

Digital numbers would be interesting to see for it although I strongly suspect most people are overestimating digital sales for the game

Sony doesnt give digital numbers, right?
It was 30 euro cheaper going digital so i guess atleast in europe it did not great but ok.

B.O.O.M

I thought I was the only one who pulled that card lol.

Welcome to the old git with experience club. But you are still a junior on here ;)

Welcome to the gaf pecking order :p. Don't take it personally. People say that on here, we all have to go through it like an initiation. I did too. Your time will come,
junior.

Don't pull the junior card...it's dumb as hell and mods don't like it too much, rightfully so. I don't care what other person was dumb enough to do it to you

Anywho OT: ok/solid start for DC. Wonder if we will ever get the digital numbers for this game once the PS+ thing get sorted out.

01 (01) PS3 GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE-TWO INTERACTIVE)
02 (02) PS3 MINECRAFT: PLAYSTATION 3 EDITION (SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT)
03 (NE) PS4 THE LAST OF US: REMASTERED (SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT)
04 (05) PS3 NBA 2K14 (TAKE-TWO INTERACTIVE)
05 (__) PS4 CALL OF DUTY: GHOSTS (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
06 (04) PS3 FIFA 14 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
07 (__) PS3 GRAN TURISMO 6 (SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT)
08 (__) PC THE SIMS 3 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
09 (__) PS3 CALL OF DUTY: GHOSTS (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
10 (__) PSP GRAND THEFT AUTO: VICE CITY STORIES (TAKE-TWO INTERACTIVE)

8 year old game on a system that no one buys anymore and is on the verge of production halt. That's small markets for ya. I bet some retailer did a clearance sale.

Don't pull the junior card...it's dumb as hell and mods don't like it too much, rightfully so. I don't care what other person was dumb enough to do it to you

Fair enough. But like I said, I got called it a lot so I thought it was the norm thing to do *Shrug*

In fact, I think i'm the only person I have ever seen being called out for it. Which is pretty typical of my life, really.

I can't think of a single time where anecdotes about commercials has led to productive analysis, unless the commercial was particularly terrible, or there were no advertisements at all.

DC and Forza had ads, we know that much.

Forza appears to have sold better, is there a sense of what just the One version sold using the splits from last week?

73% of sales were on the XBone. With it selling somewhere between 51,638 and 70,530 overall, that would mean 37,695 to 51,487. So, 44k (give or take).

EGM1966

I'll probably be eaten for this. But DC selling well probably has more to do with the lack of anything else for PS4 owners to buy right now.

It looks like a fine game and all. But it's not usually the kind of game that charts well over here.

Where's "over here". Last time I checked traditional racing titles mostly sold well in Europe - particularly if they're on Playstation.

On another glad to see Alien doing what seems to be well - it's great if you can adapt to its play-style.

Where's "over here". Last time I checked traditional racing titles mostly sold well in Europe - particularly if they're on Playstation.

Gran Turismo sells well in mainland Europe (Like HUGE). But arcade racers get very little love (One of the reasons there aren't that many these days).

It will be very interesting to see how Project Cars, a new franchise, does. I'm hoping it does well, but it's not even charting in some pre-order charts here in the UK.

UK is Alien land.

UKIP will put an end to that.

Fair enough. But like I said, I got called it a lot so I thought it was the norm thing to do *Shrug*

In fact, I think i'm the only person I have ever seen being called out for it. Which is pretty typical of my life, really.

You're not by any measure at all. The usual consequence I've seen for members who pull the "junior card" is not to be banned but to be juniored themselves

Italy:
Top 10 Console
01. FIFA 15 (PS3, EA)
02. FIFA 15 (PS4, EA)
03. FIFA 15 (Xbox 360, EA)
04. La Terra di Mezzo: L'Ombra di Mordor (PS4, Warner Bros)
05. Super Smash Bros. (3DS, Nintendo)
06. Forza Horizon 2 (Xbox One, Microsoft)
07. La Terra di Mezzo: L'Ombra di Mordor (Xbox One, Warner Bros)
08. FIFA 15 (Wii, EA)
09. FIFA 15 (Xbox One, EA)
10. FIFA 15 (PS Vita, EA)

http://multiplayer.it/notizie/13903...ordor-super-smash-bros-e-forza-horizon-2.html

Wait Shadows of Mordor PS4 sold more than Smash Bros 3DS in Italy with both being opening week? Isn't that like odd?

Oh and thanks twister. Always appreciate seeing more countries charts :)

Guymelef

Italy:
Top 10 Console
01. FIFA 15 (PS3, EA)
02. FIFA 15 (PS4, EA)
03. FIFA 15 (Xbox 360, EA)
04. La Terra di Mezzo: L'Ombra di Mordor (PS4, Warner Bros)
05. Super Smash Bros. (3DS, Nintendo)
06. Forza Horizon 2 (Xbox One, Microsoft)
07. La Terra di Mezzo: L'Ombra di Mordor (Xbox One, Warner Bros)
08. FIFA 15 (Wii, EA)
10. FIFA 15 (PS Vita, EA)

http://multiplayer.it/notizie/13903...ordor-super-smash-bros-e-forza-horizon-2.html

08. FIFA 15 (Wii, EA)

That's really crazy.

geordiemp

#neogafcrapposts

no gamez,.,,really ?

DC is also cheaper digitally, so hard copy sales are more impressive imo

geordiemp

I hope Sleeping Dogs is highly unprofitable. I want this "Let's resell the PC version on console" so called "Remaster" bullshit dead and buried.

Was going to buy it on Ps4, put off by the Digital Foundry article. Poor performance in 2014 is a no buy....

barit

Saw a lot of DC ads here in Germany. Mostly late at night (9pm-1am).
I didnt saw a Horizon 2 ad once.

The ad is super terrible imho. 15sec. of random peoples in fucking slowmo and 5sec. of the game. Wtf is Sony thinking? Please fire you marketing agency for Europe Sony. I want to see ads like the one for TLOU:R in NA. Can't be to hard or ? Maybe they would sell even more when you actually see the god damn game in the ads.

Bruno MB

This week's UK chart has been fixed.

Week 41, 2014 - Individual Formats (Units)

01 (01) 360 FIFA 15 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
02 (02) PS4 FIFA 15 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
03 (NE) PS4 DRIVECLUB (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
04 (03) PS3 FIFA 15 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
05 (NE) PS4 ALIEN: ISOLATION (SEGA)
06 (04) PS4 MIDDLE EARTH: SHADOW OF MORDOR (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
07 (05) XBO FIFA 15 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
08 (06) XBO FORZA HORIZON 2 (MICROSOFT)
09 (NE) XBO ALIEN: ISOLATION (SEGA)
10 (08) XBO MIDDLE EARTH: SHADOW OF MORDOR (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
11 (07) 3DS SUPER SMASH BROS. (NINTENDO)
12 (09) 360 FORZA HORIZON 2 (MICROSOFT)
13 (NE) 360 ALIEN: ISOLATION (SEGA)
14 (NE) 360 SKYLANDERS TRAP TEAM (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
15 (10) PS4 DESTINY (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
16 (NE) PS4 NBA 2K15 (TAKE 2)
17 (14) 360 MINECRAFT: XBOX EDITION (MICROSOFT)
18 (11) XBO DESTINY (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
19 (12) PS4 MINECRAFT: PLAYSTATION EDITION (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
20 (NE) PS3 ALIEN: ISOLATION (SEGA)
21 (15) PS3 MINECRAFT: PLAYSTATION EDITION (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
22 (13) 360 DESTINY (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
23 (NE) WII SKYLANDERS TRAP TEAM (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
24 (NE) XBO NBA 2K15 (TAKE 2)
25 (16) PC THE SIMS 4 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
26 (NE) PS3 SKYLANDERS TRAP TEAM (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
27 (17) PS3 DESTINY (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
28 (NE) PS4 SLEEPING DOGS: DEFINITIVE EDITION (SQUARE ENIX EUROPE)
29 (18) 360 DISNEY INFINITY 2.0 (DISNEY INTERACTIVE STUDIOS)
30 (19) PS4 THE LAST OF US: REMASTERED (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
31 (20) 3DS TOMODACHI LIFE (NINTENDO)
32 (24) 360 GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE 2)
33 (NE) PC ALIEN: ISOLATION (SEGA)
34 (26) 360 TERRARIA (505 GAMES)
35 (30) 360 PLANTS VS ZOMBIES: GARDEN WARFARE (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
36 (28) WIU MARIO KART 8 (NINTENDO)
37 (31) NDS FROZEN: OLAF'S QUEST (GSP/AVANQUEST)
38 (32) 360 THE LEGO MOVIE VIDEOGAME (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
39 (NE) WIU SKYLANDERS TRAP TEAM (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
40 (NE) 360 NBA 2K15 (TAKE 2)

Top Bottom