• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deadly Creatures [Wii] new details and spider video.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
ivysaur12 said:
Wow, the spider's animations were *really* good.

It obviously needs some work (better lighting and shadows, stable frame rate), but it also doesn't come out until late October.

Drawn to Life
, de Blob, and Deadly Creatures. THQ likes the Wii.

Was that ever confirmed? If so, AWESOME!

Vinci

Danish
Vinci said:
This is me too. Only with spiders. Fuck spiders. I wish like hell that I could see passed it enough to buy this game though, 'cause it does look good.

Quoting myself because I've spent the last few minutes watching these videos again, and it doesn't seem to bother me as badly as it did before for some reason. Maybe I could end up getting this. I'd love to support standout titles like this on the Wii.

JBuccCP

The animation is really good so is the atmosphere. I just hope there's more to the gameplay than wandering from battle to battle. There's the opportunity for some good platforming. Also there should be a level or two where you have to escape from the Orkin man trying to kill you.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Yeah, really really impressive videos again. The plot sounds cool too. Definitely a Bad Mojo vibe from this (only, y'know, in a good game maybe.)

I have a slight fear of spiders too, but I think I can cope with this if only because they get into these ridiculous sumo piledrive suplex moves every now and then. :lol

stewacide

later said:
Hopefully they'll add some better lightning, and shadows..

I'm interested in this game but it does look like it would get old really fast. We'll see.

The simple lighting/shadows is probably how they're pulling off so much geometry. Prime 3 also has no/little 'real' lighting and shadows as well IIRC, which explains why it looks so much better than everything else on the system.

Nintaiyo

If they added some more complex lighting, it could look really really impressive in conjunction with the thick brush environments.

yoopoo

Banned
Screens be new.

deadly-creatures-20081030044243811_640w.jpg

deadly-creatures-20081030044246045_640w.jpg

deadly-creatures-20081030044248436_640w.jpg

deadly-creatures-20081030044250779_640w.jpg

deadly-creatures-20081030044253061_640w.jpg

deadly-creatures-20081030044255279_640w.jpg

deadly-creatures-20081030044300029_640w.jpg

deadly-creatures-20081030044306545_640w.jpg

deadly-creatures-20081030044309170_640w.jpg

deadly-creatures-20081030044311498_640w.jpg

AtreyU

Neo Member
pretty good looking nice and clean. are these all in game? It looks a little touched up but its not in 480p so we cant see the jaggies as much but looking good.

bdouble

Yeah I think it looks a bit better than it has before. Is it coming out Q1? Next year for Wii is going to start off pretty strong.

freddy

Banned
^^^ You have pet spiders in your house don't you?

I will be purchasing an accessory with this game. Bug spray.

Edit: Ok, I just had to be fucking curious -__- and darn near shit myself

Mdk7 said:
WHAT!?
Tell us moar! :D
I wouldn't take his opinion seriously.

We haven't owned a video game console in years. The last game he did mocap in was Mr. Mosquito and welfare doesn't exactly bring in the bacon.

No Means Nomad said:
My dad did all the motion capture from this game. They let him play it for a little and he said it's really good.
Your dad plays Billy Bob Thornton AND Dennis Hopper at the same time!?? wow!

Also that screens look phenomenal.

Mdk7

No Means Nomad said:

We haven't owned a video game console in years. The last game he did mocap in was Mr. Mosquito and welfare doesn't exactly bring in the bacon.
but what does he actually do?

later

Wow, this game looks great in screens. Image how good it will look in movies! :) Hands on preview sounds good!

freddy

Banned
No Means Nomad said:

Tell your dad to come in here and talk about nasty bugs and how he gets them on film.

Edit: I hope people buy this game after reading this:

This is the type of series we definitely want to see continued on Nintendo's system. Is that a possibility? "We hope so – the concept of being a predator, and exploring the world from its perspective is something we think has a lot of legs (ba dum bum)," said Itkowitz. "Gamers seem to be really intrigued and excited by the concept and what we've shown so far, so hopefully the sales and reception are positive enough to allow us to make another."

Where might the series go next? "Well, I can't say specifically just yet, but again, the idea of being a predator could be applied to a wide range of fascinating creatures and experiences. We could choose another creature or group of creatures and set them loose in another environment, or find new ways to make our scorpion and tarantula even deadlier," he added.

Nocebo

Hitlersaurus Christ said:
I might be meeting with a guy from Rainbow this week. Not sure if it'd be kosher to ask him but what the hell, what questions should I ask?
Ask him what his stance on abortion is.

freddy

Banned
I might be meeting with a guy from Rainbow this week. Not sure if it'd be kosher to ask him but what the hell, what questions should I ask?
Ask him if any of the guys making the game had a problem with insects and was it an issue.

later said:
Wow, this game looks great in screens. Image how good it will look in movies! :) Hands on preview sounds good!
I cant wait to see either, it will look mighty nice as long as the framerate doesnt take a hit.

stilgar

My arachnophobia is screaming NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO at this game.
But it looks so good :( I'm a bitch. I won't forgive myself, never.

kinggroin

Banned
the new screens look nice, but are more than likely not faithful to the real product.

It's amazing though, some AA and DoF (both of which the Wii CAN do) goes a loooooong way. Shame the console wasn't a bit faster to use these in situations that really demanded them.

As far as I know, only Sam n Max and CSI: HE use full-on AA (the later even having some pixel-shading effects) :p

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Never heard of this game before, and now I'm interested.

I'm glad to see third parties are picking up the money Nintendo left on the table this holiday. I know I'll be happy between this and ToS: DotN.

Mdk7

Ask him about their inspirations gameplay-wise.
And maybe about the lenght of this beauty!

lyre

The game is looking good, but one thing I fear about the game, moreso than tarantulas or scorpions which don't bother me, came from the IGN preview:

IGN said:
We give Rainbow credit for pushing the hardware, but it hasn't come without a few sacrifices. The game's framerate isn't fluid. It tops out at 30 frames per second and sometimes dips below. Meanwhile, in our latest hands-on with the game, we noticed a few spotty issues in which some enemy characters would occasionally get stuck on an object or glitch out. These are not gameplay deal-breakers, by any means, but signs of development struggles, both against the hardware and undoubtedly against a release deadline.

This was what I was fearing and hoped it would get delayed a bit further in order to get that fixed and removing further bugs. Sure these things won't bother most people, but for someone like me, inconsistent framerates make the game unplayable for me.

If the game doesn't run as well it should, I'll probably just hire the game out right at launch rather than buying it.

lyre said:
The game is looking good, but one thing I fear about the game, moreso than tarantulas or scorpions which don't bother me, came from the IGN preview:

This was what I was fearing and hoped it would get delayed a bit further in order to get that fixed and removing further bugs. Sure these things won't bother most people, but for someone like me, inconsistent framerates make the game unplayable for me.

If the game doesn't run as well it should, I'll probably just hire the game out right at launch rather than buying it.

This game is delayed. It was suppose to come out today. IGN has an interview talking about it and Rainbow Studios says they're delaying to polish the game.

Mithos

Cow Mengde said:
This game is delayed. It was suppose to come out today.

When was the delay announced? Because at least 3 weeks i have had 23rd of December as releasedate.

lyre

Cow Mengde said:
This game is delayed. It was suppose to come out today. IGN has an interview talking about it and Rainbow Studios says they're delaying to polish the game.
I know about the original delay to mid-Dec (in fact, for weeks now), unless it's been delayed further until sometime in 09 which is not stated in the newest preview.

From the first paragraph of the preview, IGN has 'final builds', which means the game has gone gold and it's in the pressing stages now.

lyre said:
I know about the original delay to mid-Dec (in fact, for weeks now), unless it's been delayed further until sometime in 09 which is not stated in the newest preview.

From the first paragraph of the preview, IGN has 'final builds', which means the game has gone gold and it's in the pressing stages now.

Actually, that was what I meant. Sorry if I wasn't clear. I forgot the part where IGN says it's the final builds. That is worrying.

BTW, is that a Dinosaur in the background?

deadly-creatures-20081030043730848-000.jpg

Look at the part above the scorpion's tail. It's looks like a therapod dinosaur drawn in the old style.

Top Bottom