• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deadly Creatures [Wii] new details and spider video.

MNC

Black-Wind said:
You should do abit more research than. From what I gather this is more of a "thriller/ platformer/ action" title where the Spider and Scorpion have different strong points that they level up over time (Spider = spy, web swinger type. Scorpion= stabs-mofos-in-the-mouth type) and they wonder around the desert trying to stay alive well having this big Spider v Scorpion battle with each other.

Theres also the dark story to 2 men appearing in the background . . . and our lil creepy creatures end up blowing up a gas station in the end.
See, that fills my total presentation of the game for me a bit. I didn't exactly know anything other than the things shown in a few gameplay trailers... I should've researched more, but thanks for telling those bits 'n pieces.

That looks really nice.

February is such a violent month for the Wii. You have Deadly Creatures, House of the Dead Overkill, Onechanbara:Bikini Zombie Slayers, Dead Rising Chop Till You Drop, Tenchu Slient Assassins and Rygar: The Battle of Argus.

Then Madworld in March. :lol

gabe90

This looks awesome. I am really hoping that the reviews come in positive as I'd love to support this type of game on the Wii.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Dash Kappei said:
I predict this game will bomb :-/

Considering it's launching against all of this, I'd agree:

comedy bomb said:
That looks really nice.

February is such a violent month for the Wii. You have Deadly Creatures, House of the Dead Overkill, Onechanbara:Bikini Zombie Slayers, Dead Rising Chop Till You Drop, Tenchu Slient Assassins and Rygar: The Battle of Argus.

Then Madworld in March. :lol

This is like the first deluge of third party titles on the Wii that resembles quality. Kinda cool.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Bumping because this game is only a couple of weeks away and deserves far more attention. It looks really, really solid and quite unique. This plus Overkill in the same week is great.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
The thing that really draws my attention, and I think other people's attention too is the story and how it is used with overhearing humans conversations. Such a great idea.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Fantastical said:
The thing that really draws my attention, and I think other people's attention too is the story and how it is used with overhearing humans conversations. Such a great idea.

The main drawcard for me is seeing environments from a ground level perspective. I’m a sucker for small-creature/big-world stuff, like Mushroom Men.

Linkhero1

I just saw some gameplay videos for the first time today and I have to say that I'm impressed. The game looks great and the music is awesome. I might actually pick it up :D

nyong

Banned
I'm still waiting on the reviews. I'm loving the concept, but the gameplay videos looked really linear and shallow.

Anything over a 7.0 average and I'll probably buy the thing.

GC|Simon

I read that the German magazibe "console plus" rated the game with 81%. The main issue: you need only 5h to get through the game. But I can't confirm this.

EatChildren

Five new screens.

deadly_creatures-3.jpg

kinggroin

Banned
The game really looks lot a lot of fun as it is, but I can't help feel it'd have been better off on the HD platforms :p

Of course, it probably wouldn't have the chance to sell well either, so...

Arde5643

kinggroin said:
The game really looks lot a lot of fun as it is, but I can't help feel it'd have been better off on the HD platforms :p

Of course, it probably wouldn't have the chance to sell well either, so...
It would probably sell much much worse than what they need to break even in the HD platforms, so yeah...

Davey Cakes

EatChildren said:
The main drawcard for me is seeing environments from a ground level perspective. I’m a sucker for small-creature/big-world stuff, like Mushroom Men.
I wish more games would use that setup. There's a lot you can do with it. I mean, a four-room house in any typical game today is nothing but a small, insignificant detail, but when you shrink down the character, that house becomes an entire world. Much more interesting.

Top Bottom