• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deadly Creatures [Wii] new details and spider video.

lyre

Cow Mengde said:
BTW, is that a Dinosaur in the background?

deadly-creatures-20081030043730848-000.jpg

Look at the part above the scorpion's tail. It's looks like a therapod dinosaur drawn in the old style.
Even Rainbow Studios want the gaf dinosaur back! :O

Probably a toy.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Yeah it's a toy. They don't make Tyrannosaurids that size anymore. You can see other stuff like it around the game too (gnomes etc. tangles up in the brambles) adding to the whole dumpster backyard grungy look.

Good find though! That's added about 5 points for me to any review of the game. Truth!

BDGAME said:
NEW VIDEO WITH GAMEPLAY: http://www.wiiz.fr/article.php?a=20758

disturbing? Amusing?

Awesome, it's like God of War but five hundred percent more spidery. Still looks a wee bit glitchy though, I hope it's not a problem in the final thing.

Vagabundo

Threi said:
HOLY SHIT @ some of those finishers :lol :lol :lol

Its like no more heroes with bugs

LOL, I read 'software bugs' and then thought: NMH has no bugs??

Anyway, back to the main show...

later

Amazing this game got a T rating.. ripping off the wings, stab in the mouth, etc :)

I will try it, but combat still looks slow and dull. (Enemies not attacking in groups, not alot of tatics, etc)

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
tabsina said:
is the link still working for others?
Nope. I am interested in spider footage as I just got a tarantula and so it might be fun to play as one - especially as the real one doesn't move much!

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
heh, that's coming along sickly. easilly the most distubing footage i've yet seen from a game this gen.

Combat looks pretty weak...and i hope it runs better than the video is leading me to believe. The scorpion's finishers are pretty awesome though. Still gonna get it either way, it looks like it could be greater than the sum of its parts.

kottila

abstract alien said:
Combat looks pretty weak...and i hope it runs better than the video is leading me to believe. The scorpion's finishers are pretty awesome though. Still gonna get it either way, it looks like it could be greater than the sum of its parts.

Yeah...When you're in a group fight, the opposing bugs seem to wait in line to fight..

Mdk7

Holy shit, so fucking great!!!
Amazing finishers for the scorpion, the one with the sting in the reptile's mouth is pure WIN.

Day one.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
kottila said:
Yeah...When you're in a group fight, the opposing bugs seem to wait in line to fight..

Not always true. When the tarantula was fighting the lizards, the other one barged in and shoved the tarantula off his compadre.

Gwanatu T

Ydahs said:
Videos looks awesome. This game is certainly one of Wii's best lookers and possibly the best looking 3rd party title.
Lots of Geometry Here is a must see!

Though I'm not too sure about the gameplay as of yet. Hopefully it doesn't get old quick.

Oh my gosh, between this video and the OP video, I'm actually excited about this game! This and Mushroom Men might be on my list for this Christmas if this turns out well.

CrisKre

im all over this.

its good to see that in this latest videos much needed shadowing is in place... this is looking awesome indeed. great premise. Hopefully they keep the gameplay interesting throughout the game.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
wtf at the box art, it really makes the game seem your standard $19 bargain bin fare, it'll sell like shit if THQ doesn't change it

Dash Kappei said:
wtf at the box art, it really makes the game seem your standard $19 bargain bin fare, it'll sell like shit if THQ doesn't change it

Let's be realistic for a moment and admit that this game will sell like shit regardless of the box art. THQ could slide a $100 dollar bill in the sleeve of this game, pass that off as the cover art , and it'll still under perform.

Too bad, since the game looks tits.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
If it's $20, I'll buy it.

Seriously. I don't think I'd ever really play it to justify a full purchase price, but I'd buy it at $20 just for the concept alone.

(Hey, I pay $12 just so I could have a copy of Ninjabread Man -- the box art ALONE is worth it, almost.)

comedy bomb said:
Let's be realistic for a moment and admit that this game will sell like shit regardless of the box art. THQ could slide a $100 dollar bill in the sleeve of this game, pass that off as the cover art , and it'll still under perform.

Too bad, since the game looks tits.

Sadly, I agree :(

later

DavidDayton said:

Seriously. I don't think I'd ever really play it to justify a full purchase price, but I'd buy it at $20 just for the concept alone.

(Hey, I pay $12 just so I could have a copy of Ninjabread Man -- the box art ALONE is worth it, almost.)

The fuck?...

batbeg

Scorpions attack into mouth = holy shit. Game looks as awesome as ever, though I imagine even when it ships it will ship with some technical problems. Will probably be getting this and Mushroom Men whenever they hit Europe.

DavidDayton said:

Not that I don't understand not necessarily wanting the game, but why in the world would you suggest it should be $20...? It's one of the better looking Wii games, in all senses.

plank said:
http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/55731

Some new screens.

Can't get them to work :(

Haruspex

Banned
It's crazy stuff like this I bought a Wii for, I just hope the evident framerate and camera problems don't spoil the experience. Also interesting to see how the devs instill a sense of fear into the player given that you are quite a creepy creature to begin with.

And yes the box-art makes it look like shovelware unfortunately.

zoukka

Honestly this looks like shit. Sure the violence is hilarious but who the hell would pay full price for this?? The movement looks stiff, the backgrounds are from the 90's and the combat looks really simple. QTE-magic!

And yeah it's not even 60fps :/

Wow, the Scorpion´s reg fightings looks more fun than the Spider's but the Spider has better platforming and that Snake fight was sick!

Hoping they fix some of those lil glitchs I saw . . . but those glitchy parts are already alot less than the other trailers in this new vid (down to like one noticable short glitch that I can see).

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
The Clever and Quite Handsome Fellow said:

later said:
Paraphrase: (puzzled expression)...

batbeg said:
Not that I don't understand not necessarily wanting the game, but why in the world would you suggest it should be $20...? It's one of the better looking Wii games, in all senses.

I didn't say that I didn't think the game, in general, was worth $50. I said that I wouldn't buy it unless/until it was priced at $20. It's an interesting game and a novel concept, but for me it's not compelling enough to pay $30-$50 for.

MNC

It looks so awesome, but I don't see myself paying 50€ for this. The concept is great, the game looks great, I dunno... Hope you guys know what I mean.

MNC said:
Hope you guys know what I mean.

I totally agree. Money spent on this could be put towards the next big HD sequel that'll come out and last four hours.

Seriously, this is probably the type of game GAF should be championing. A new third party IP that doesn't look like shit. Those will probably start becoming rare beasts in the next couple of years.

Especially if you take into consideration the Wii's "unique" overall library. It's not like the system is drowning in high quality titles right now. Of course, between the Wii and DS I'm fine, but GAF needs ten new games daily or it gets its panties in a bunch.

MNC

comedy bomb said:
I totally agree. Money spent on this could be put towards the next big HD sequel that'll come out and last four hours.

Seriously, this is probably the type of game GAF should be championing. A new third party IP that doesn't look like shit. Those will probably start becoming rare beasts in the next couple of years.

Especially if you take into consideration the Wii's "unique" overall library. It's not like the system is drowning in high quality titles right now. Of course, between the Wii and DS I'm fine, but GAF needs ten new games daily or it gets its panties in a bunch.
Don't mock me :3

All I'm saying is for what I see now, it's not a full fledged game, it's a Wiiware game mechanic. If the game is only fighting in some arena, then yes, I don't think I will spend 50 bucks on it. (Hyperbolic statement, and by the way, multiplayer would go awesome with this game)

When I see more of the game, the total image I'll probably know wether it's a full fledged game or not.

MNC said:
Don't mock me :3

All I'm saying is for what I see now, it's not a full fledged game, it's a Wiiware game mechanic. If the game is only fighting in some arena, then yes, I don't think I will spend 50 bucks on it.

You should do abit more research than. From what I gather this is more of a "thriller/ platformer/ action" title where the Spider and Scorpion have different strong points that they level up over time (Spider = spy, web swinger type. Scorpion= stabs-mofos-in-the-mouth type) and they wonder around the desert trying to stay alive well having this big Spider v Scorpion battle with each other.

Theres also the dark story to 2 men appearing in the background . . . and our lil creepy creatures end up blowing up a gas station in the end.

Top Bottom