• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Inquisition Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Yes, it's disheartening when the govt. tires to control what you can and cannot view/play. but Indian people are very sensitive :-D. Fallout 3 was banned because it had mutated cows or something along similar lines.

Really? Awesome! I'll make a new account just to be safe.

There's some guides online on how to do it, you really only need Hola chrome extension and the buy through the Origin website, not the actual Origin client. But you'd likely need to use a traditional VPN to preload the game and then to activate in Origin on release, plus whenever a patch comes out.

is the deluxe edition worth getting?

Comes with some cool DLC weapons, I think some armor, and some extra mounts. Depends on whether you like some of the stuff like the mounts. From what I hear the stuff in the DLC isn't the best of the best but if you upgrade them they aren't half bad either.

On another note finally preordered the game on PS4. Imagine my disappointment when I'm reminded the preload wont start till tomorrow lol. I guess I'll wake up early tomorrow to preload. The good side is that by the time 11 pm the next day hits I should have more than enough preloaded (if not the whole thing) to be able to play. Say what you want about Sony not allowing you to preload till 1-2 days before but at least I'm able to play the game before the whole thing downloads. With Sunset Overdrive I had to wait an extra day because I waited too long to preload and the game has to fully download

After watching more videos, I'm now thinking of rolling Mage.

I was originally gonna be mage, then I saw an Archer video, liked the mobility, then heard that warrior is really cool, thought I'd try that instead. Watching some Warrior videos, it seems when you get in there and mix it up with melee range things get a little 'busy' and hard to parse. Watched some Mage footage and the animations look pretty slick. Mage it is.

(I reserve the right to change my mind several times between now and Tuesday)

Tabby

Or you know, different opinions...
I don't have any problems at all with the repetition of locations and such. I still think the game fails horribly and is okay at best. It's an opinion, not hyperbole.

I do think it's worth playing if one is very interested in Inquisition. The characters are sometimes lovely and very fun. But I will never call the game good.
It can be hyperbole. Like people saying it's the worst game ever and it's trash.
I think it's a decent game, not bad and definitely a disappointing sequel but not a bad game.

is the deluxe edition worth getting?
Comes with some items but I honestly just got it for the sound track. It's amazing.

Dragon Age has always been the series to be a mage in. Mages have been oppressed since DAO so a Mage saving everybody was always fun. Then a mage AND another oppressed race was double the fun. Not to mention how overpowered they are.

edit: does the soundtrack come with the DE for the PS4?

hydruxo

Just read Kotaku's beginners guide and I think I get the gist of the background story and lore. I'm fully expecting to be confused about some stuff having never played a Dragon Age game before but I can't wait to play Inquisition on Tuesday! Probably going to be a mage too.

jrcbandit

Comes with some cool DLC weapons, I think some armor, and some extra mounts. Depends on whether you like some of the stuff like the mounts. From what I hear the stuff in the DLC isn't the best of the best but if you upgrade them they aren't half bad either.

The biggest draw is the weapons which you get for pre-ordering any edition on the PC (not sure about console). I doubt the mounts will offer unique experiences other than looks compared to in-game mounts. So really it comes down to armor - if the armor doesn't level with you, then it will be quickly replaced. In any case, the armor wasn't worth the extra $5 it would have cost me (Origin de Mexico).

abundant

After watching more videos, I'm now thinking of rolling Mage.

I was originally gonna be mage, then I saw an Archer video, liked the mobility, then heard that warrior is really cool, thought I'd try that instead. Watching some Warrior videos, it seems when you get in there and mix it up with melee range things get a little 'busy' and hard to parse. Watched some Mage footage and the animations look pretty slick. Mage it is.

(I reserve the right to change my mind several times between now and Tuesday)

What's great about the DA series is that you can switch between characters, so you're never stuck with your initial choice. Stated as a mage but now you want to be a warrior, switch to Iron Bull, Blackwall, or Casandra.

LX_Theo

Banned
Just read Kotaku's beginners guide and I think I get the gist of the background story and lore. I'm fully expecting to be confused about some stuff having never played a Dragon Age game before but I can't wait to play Inquisition on Tuesday! Probably going to be a mage too.

Feel free to ask some questions if anything is bothering you in particular at the moment. We've got plenty of people willing to be helpful on the subject. :)

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!

Check out the ShoddyCast videos. They have a decently deep summary of DAO's plot and then about a dozen videos that go into depth about the various factions, locations and other things in the DA universe.

Dragon Age Lore Series: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7pGJQV-jlzAYFb3DMtimVGD3kT1HEVIH

Dragon Age: Origins Story summary: http://youtu.be/R3CbqC1Z9fk

Damerman

Dragon Age has always been the series to be a mage in. Mages have been oppressed since DAO so a Mage saving everybody was always fun. Then a mage AND another oppressed race was double the fun. Not to mention how overpowered they are.

edit: does the soundtrack come with the DE for the PS4?

I like the idea of a S&S templar being the liberator of mages.

BokehKing

Banned
I'm not understanding how to select enemies to attack while in combat mode allies will run towards the enemy but I can't pick the type of attack they do?

I'm not understanding how to select enemies to attack while in combat mode allies will run towards the enemy but I can't pick the type of attack they do?

Really? I doubt they'd change something that has been a staple for the series. IN DA you should be able to issue what attack you can do per frozen screen, let them do it, and then do another attack. I miss the KOTOR system of issuing a list of commands.

I think I'm gonna ditch my Early Access progress. Still gonna stick with Qunari, but I've heard great things about how Warriors play, so I think I'll go with that first. Now to decide on a specialization. Reaver's right out, because they're a little too evil for my tastes, so I suppose it comes down to whether I end up preferring Cassandra or Blackwall.

M.D

Started Dragon Age 2 yesterday

I haven't left Kirkwall yet, but this game is not very interesting so far and it feels like I haven't made any progress
There's more room for these characters to develop but none of them feel interesting so far, and none of their stories are interesting

Combat is alright..
I never really messed with this stuff in DA:O either, It's more about the story and the characters for me
and those hot romance scenes with cloths on

I'm pretty sure this was the case with the DA:O as well, but I really dislike the way the character moves and lack of interaction with the environment.. it just feels like there's no weight to anything and no physics

That said, can't wait to Inquisition!

So somebody made Khaleesi with the CC:

\
VIoTDSV.jpg

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
I love that female Qunari assassin so much - perfectly captured the femme fatale look. The male Qunari is a bit too conventionally handsome, IMO, but still it's a great job all around.

Agreed, I'm just impressed by the quality than anything else. That Dalish elf looks like something you'd need mods in other games in order to achieve that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom