• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF explain your avatar

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is Segata Sanshiro, back when he was the original Kamen Rider. My tag is from when I won the Dukeship of Edinburgh in a game of baccarat. I think I found a buyer for the property, though, so expect my tag to change soon.

MrHicks

Banned
iwjpoixrrr.jpg

golden axe beast rider

JimiNutz

Banned
It's a giant peanut that wears an awesome top hat and monocle. He murders people with an exe (my weapon of choice) and is always cheerful and merry-especially when engaged in violence.

It also has deeper metaphorical meaning since the peanut killer represents a nut allergy, and also my greatest fear. I would probably spiral into severe depression if I suddenly became allergic to my favourite food source :(

This Christmas edition features the bloodied stump that was once Santa's head, and he has replaced his top hat with a Christmas one. I hate Santa ever since he never gave me that air rifle I wanted for Christmas back in 93, so am happy to see him dead.

I used to alternate between Peanut Killer and Randy Marsh, but then some other douche stole him, so I can be Randy no more.

KevinCow

Banned
I wanted an icon that displayed something different depending on whether I was an even or odd post, so I made a neat little design with the two board background colors. Put on some red and green dots for Christmas.

kennah

Segata Sanshiro said:
It is Segata Sanshiro, back when he was the original Kamen Rider. My tag is from when I won the Dukeship of Edinburgh in a game of baccarat. I think I found a buyer for the property, though, so expect my tag to change soon.
But where am I going to live?

My Avatar: Drunk Carebear is Drunk.

ShinNL

I personally gif'd Yuki Nagato from the anime The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, because she's my favorite character. Very quiet, very strong and always calm yet so interesting.

jvm

Gamasutra.
My blog is Curmudgeon Gamer, so I tend to choose avatars that look angry. Angry sackboy now. I had a great Tom Tomorrow caricature of Charles Krauthammer, which I thought worked well. (You can make of that choice what you wish, I'm NOT using it in a political sense.)

nny

KevinCow said:
I wanted an icon that displayed something different depending on whether I was an even or odd post, so I made a neat little design with the two board background colors. Put on some red and green dots for Christmas.

That's pretty cool.

My avatar is the chilly visage of the Nightman.

He's the fighter of the Dayman.

The Dayman is the Champion of the Sun. He's also a master of karate. And friendship.... for everyone.

USD

It's Chun-Li, drawn by myself. It turned out OK (i.e. decent enough that I don't feel like fixing the mistakes).

suikodan

Geralt de Riv from The Witcher (game and book)

Made a screengrab from the opening movie. The result is okay, I wished it would turn out better.

Cedeo

Manchester United players who have worn the iconic '7' over the years - traditionally the number given to the Right winger in the squad.

George Best 1963-74
Eric Cantona 1992-97
David Beckham 1993-2003 (97-03 #7 wearer)
Cristiano Ronaldo 2003 - Present

All of these players have been considered among the or the best in the world.

One person who should be there that isn't, is Bryan Robson (1981 - 1994) - however I could not find a picture of him with a Manchester United '7' on his back.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Mine is always a variation of Colbert or Stewart (moreso colbert); this one was from the indecision 08 live show which made me laugh out loud and exclaim "That's my new avatar" as I was watching.

So, yeah; I try not to change it often, but when Colbert/Stewart make some stupidly funny face on their show, you're likely to see me change to that.

My last one was Colbert making the lizard face from a few months back.

Lord Phol

It's a wallpaper from Zelda TP. Someone posted it in an old Neogaf thread, it came with a classy windows XP theme which I thought looked nice.
First avatar I used, had it ever since.

Even though I'm not much of a zelda or nintendo fan I've gotten my share of "lol nintendo fanboy" replies over the years, good ol' Neogaf!

EDIT: NOOOOO! It was moved to off-topic which makes this my first OP post!
And I vowed to never post in this god-forsaken place, damn it! D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom