• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF explain your avatar

Status
Not open for further replies.

maladroid

Min_Seon_Yeh.jpg

+
Kitaoka-OutOfFocus333.png

Taken from Akiyoshi Kitaoka (the checkerboard pattern inside the circle appears to wobble, at least to me, which I find really cool).
+
Christmas in the form of a Santa hat lifted from the first page of a google image search.

Current avatar needs no explanation. It's staying up until the Inauguration (which I'm going to, by hook and/or crook).

Default avatar is a picture of Jacobus Henricus van't Hoff, winner of the first Nobel prize for chemistry. According to family lore, he's an ancestor of mine.

2101579092_82e11710a5_m.jpg

Currently it's Onion Knight from Dissidia (representing the hero for FFIII) and I got it in the Dissidia thread. I'll probably change it at some point in the future (maybe after my copy of Dissidia arrives) back to one of my MGS avatars...or something else.

Penguin

Its Mario in a Batman costume wearing a Santa hat.

I wanted an avatar that pretty much told you what I liked on these forums. :D

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
I found this pic on some site that was dedicated to old travel brochures and I just loved the picture... cropped it to get the Mayan face.

523293855_6f22f45c81.jpg

Kletian

Welp, I like Megaman, so I Jokerfied a Robot master and made Jokerman.

I had this whole idea of continuing with the new robot masters making pumpkinman for haloween, santaman for xmas, etc. But they blocked tinypic uploads from work so I couldnt update it at all.

So Jokeman it stays.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Mine is a guy in a Sonic suit holding an actual, live hedgehog. I think it was taken when Sega did a promotional thing at a zoo.

I thought it was cute and a little ironic, so I made it my avatar when I got into GAF three years ago and I haven't changed it since.

Ogni-XR21 said:
8yxmxs.gif

I find the way the lighting works in your avatar very disturbing. It's always been bothering me that the face lights up from the back a few frames after the lighter is lit.

it's because the actual scene of him lighting up wasn't originally one long sequence, it was two mini bits in different locations and sizes throughout the trailer, so I needed to crop and resize and all that to make it seem like one. The transition is pretty bad (you can see a black line appear at the top because I got lazy), but whatever.

atomico

definitely seen this thread before, and I replied something like:

"Feisar livery, from an early wipeout HD screenshot. Snakified to show my undying love for MGS4"

tekumseh

a mass of phermones, hormones and adrenaline just waiting to explode
It's Tecumseh, the famous Shawnee indian. I like history, he's one of my favorite historical characters.

I also use tekumseh as my xbox id, my ps3 id, etc. I know it's spelled incorrectly...

I tried to actually spell it accurately when I signed up for my xbox live id, but because it has CUM in the middle of the word, it was flagged as inappropriate. Hence the K.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
My avatar is... self explanatory.

besada said:
My avatar is Bacchus, the god of wine, as imagined by Eddie Campbell.

He's old, cranky, and he smokes.

Dude, so that's where they got the name for the incredible drink that is "Bacchus-F".

Holy shit.

Wark

28jefiw.png
fbi51l.gif
2nc1glj.jpg

Mine is a scene from the Mega CD/Sega CD version of Snatcher. Gillian Seed (the main character) doesn't actually kill the guy, but he gives him a good scare.

scrpt5.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom