• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA 2014-15 Men's Basketball |OT| It's Cal's World, We're Just Living In It

iamblades

Some awareness for recycling bullshit.

I can't believe we lost to fucking Iowa at home.

This team has MAJOR issues. No one can fucking shoot.

I was noticing the defensive lapses more than the poor shooting actually. Iowa bricked open 3s continuously. It seems like if you can play inside outside vs this UNC team you will have open 3s all game long.

Doesn't really help us very much, but I imagine a team like Duke is salivating watching that kind of thing.

iamblades

Duke outchea in fuego.

Meanwhile Roy's boys struggling

I don't think you can rely on conservative position based defense vs. Duke, because they can and will shoot over the defense.

You have to apply pressure to make them do things they don't want to do.

Of course I don't think Wisconsin has the athleticism to pressure the ball without getting beat, so they are kinda stuck, so they are going to have to win through sheer efficiency.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Basically, once the BTN came in the B1G were able to ante the basketball facilities arms race.

I think the ACC has more turnover from early entry and the bottom of the league is really terribad. Not saying B1G teams don't have early entry players, just not as many it seems.

iamblades

no Frank, you can't drape your arms over the opposing player when he's going up to shoot.

The foul wasn't up top, it was the bump on the turn. I don't think he even touched him with the arm. It was a foul though.

Whatever happens, I am not really scared of Wisconsin's offense after this game. Duke's defense is like a smaller less aggressive version of Kentucky's and it has completely taken Wisconsin out of their gameplan.

Jarate

Banned
The foul wasn't up top, it was the bump on the turn. I don't think he even touched him with the arm. It was a foul though.

Whatever happens, I am not really scared of Wisconsin's offense after this game. Duke's defense is like a smaller less aggressive version of Kentucky's and it has completely taken Wisconsin out of their gameplan.

Wisconsin has games where they shoot badly, as bad as they have been shooting, they are still down by less then double digits against a team that shoots higher then 60%

Sconi is shooting themselves in the foot a little on offense though.

When your All-American 7 foot center is in the post matched up with 6'0,6'2 point guards you have to get him the ball.

You have to. If Duke is going to switch everything, you have to make them pay for those awkward mismatches.

iamblades

Wisconsin has games where they shoot badly, as bad as they have been shooting, they are still down by less then double digits against a team that shoots higher then 60%

They haven't even shot badly, they are above 40%, and that is not bad at all against a top 10 team. They have had no offensive flow and had to struggle for every shot though.

That Iowa game early was an instance of a team just shooting badly. They were getting good shots in the offense and just bricking everything.

Wisconsin is struggling to get any kind of attack going towards the basket.

Jarate

Banned
They haven't even shot badly, they are above 40%, and that is not bad at all against a top 10 team. They have had no offensive flow and had to struggle for every shot though.
Shooting barely above 41% is very bad considering theyve had a lot of easy shots they missed

Anyone else getting Austin Rivers vibes from T.Jones tonight?

Of course, without the "I fucking hate all of my team mates and college" permanent mean mug

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Shooting barely above 41% is very bad considering theyve had a lot of easy shots they missed

If they're missing the easy shots then they're shooting way above 41% on the tough shots. How is that "very bad"?

edit: Jesus that Justise block goddamn

Jarate

Banned
If they're missing the easy shots then they're shooting way above 41% on the tough shots. How is that "very bad"?

edit: Jesus that Justise block goddamn
41% is t that good, especially for Wisco which is a really good shooting team

Not saying that Duke isnt better, but it aint like Wisconsin has played or shot well. Duke shot incredibly well, and Wisconsin was "worse then average" at best

Jarate

Banned
I just caught glances of the game. Duke pretty much dominate or what?

Duke was in control the entire game, but I wouldnt say they dominatyed. It wasnt a double digit lead until very late

Duke shot a ludicrous percentage though, super athletic guards gave wisconsin defenders fits.

Duke was in control the entire game, but I wouldnt say they dominatyed. It wasnt a double digit lead until very late

Duke shot a ludicrous percentage though, super athletic guards gave wisconsin defenders fits.
I want to believe!

... nah, we're
meaning the Illini
too bad in the half court to contend for the B1G. :(

Zalasta

ACC lost the challenge, but they did beat 5 out of 6 top 25 seeds from the Big 10, where as only UNC lost. Honestly, Syracuse would have won if not for their turn overs.

Top Bottom